the markets think stimulus works

• Banned
do you think the market is perfect or not?

you people claim the markets know best

• Banned
not one answer

they ignore facts that dont fit their narrative

That was written five hours ago in London for the AP.

Right now all major indexes are down which means just thinking about the stimulus --in China no less-- has just destroyed a hundred billion dollars of US wealth in five hours.

You've shared info on what AP's London correspondent says about US stock trader's thoughts and I just reported on US stock trader's actions.

That was written five hours ago in London for the AP.

Right now all major indexes are down which means just thinking about the stimulus --in China no less-- has just destroyed a hundred billion dollars of US wealth in five hours.

You've shared info on what AP's London correspondent says about US stock trader's thoughts and I just reported on US stock trader's actions.

She is a complete clown...I am no longer amazed at the depth of her lack of understanding...and not even amused by it any more. It used to be funny to enter her threads and see the startling inability to grasp what people are trying to tell her.
Pheh....now she is just a complete pest on this forum. Making 20 useless threads a day about the same tired "arguments".

lenotmpost.jpg

...You've shared info on what AP's London correspondent says about US stock trader's thoughts and I just reported on US stock trader's actions.
...the depth of her lack of understanding...
You speak from your experiences but I like to be open to the chance other things may be happening here. What she reported is in fact what the AP guy said, and he was talking about how markets actually seemed to be going at the time:
f120822.png

We do well to understand what's going on and how others see things. Believe it or not, most investors voted for Obama in '08, and I remember an investing book written back in the 1980's about how increased deficit spending was a bullish indicator. Those beliefs had a big impact on price patterns.

Then again, things change...

...You've shared info on what AP's London correspondent says about US stock trader's thoughts and I just reported on US stock trader's actions.
...the depth of her lack of understanding...
You speak from your experiences but I like to be open to the chance other things may be happening here. What she reported is in fact what the AP guy said, and he was talking about how markets actually seemed to be going at the time:

We do well to understand what's going on and how others see things. Believe it or not, most investors voted for Obama in '08, and I remember an investing book written back in the 1980's about how increased deficit spending was a bullish indicator. Those beliefs had a big impact on price patterns.

Then again, things change...

Well that is another matter...discussing the topic with someone else - you responded to TdM...which is like responding to Homer Simpson...just sayin.

As far as the markets...I don't pay attention any longer. The markets do not in anyway reflect any reality except two things:
1) How willing traders are to continue to drive up values no matter how much they are over-valued.
2) They are betting on QE3. If Bernanke came out tomorrow at 10am and said there will absolutely NOT be any easing whatsoever - what do you think the markets would do tomorrow? -OR- if he came out at 10am and said we will begin QE3 Monday and specified how many $billions would be thrown in - what do you think the markets would do tomorrow?

Last edited:
...traders are to continue to drive up values no matter how much they are over-valued...
We hear that a lot about traders, mostly from folks that don't trade. Kind of like hearing Rush Limbaugh talk about raising kids or Obama talk about how a "typical white person" thinks.

...traders are to continue to drive up values no matter how much they are over-valued...
We hear that a lot about traders, mostly from folks that don't trade. Kind of like hearing Rush Limbaugh talk about raising kids or Obama talk about how a "typical white person" thinks.

So are you saying markets are not over sold and many-many stocks valued stupifyingly higher than conservative earning potential??
I am not talking about trader behavior...I am talking about market valuation and over selling...which is undeniable.

Forum List

Back