The Market is Down at the Moment

The economy is going nowhere but down as long as our leadership considers our wealth and job creators to be the enemy, and the people continue to buy into the meme.

The market might actually rise strongly as investors continue to see equities as a relative safe haven as the central banks around the world destroy their currencies.

• Banned
The economy is going nowhere but down as long as our leadership considers our wealth and job creators to be the enemy, and the people continue to buy into the meme.

The market might actually rise strongly as investors continue to see equities as a relative safe haven as the central banks around the world destroy their currencies.

As someone who spent over 30 years on Wall St and I'm sure some honest others here too who are in the industry will tell you...many factors move the markets aside from politics.

Mr Shamu couldn't contain himself yesterday with his technicolor posts hawking how a new world had arisen thanks to "oBUMa's victory" on the fiscal cliff issue.

Didn't last long and over the long haul as the details unfold, we'll continue to piddle along. Keep an eye out for a downgrade...just a hunch.

So the market went up,covering the drop it experienced just a few weeks ago.

Its a hoot how one day wall street is the big Satan,then the next day well..........

• Banned
So the market went up,covering the drop it experienced just a few weeks ago.

Its a hoot how one day wall street is the big Satan,then the next day well..........

He nearly wet himself yesterday. There's a dozen or so posts either directly oir indirectly touting the market being up.

Liberals are like fair-weather friends. Some days they're with you and other days they're undermining you...behind your back of course.

The Markets were up because Traders knew they had at least 2 more months of free money to Gamble on the Market with.

I wonder if Mr. Sham Man knows what Algorithmic Trading is and how it affects Markets?

• Banned
The Markets were up because Traders knew they had at least 2 more months of free money to Gamble on the Market with.

I wonder if Mr. Sham Man knows what Algorithmic Trading is and how it affects Markets?

I doubt he knows there are markets other than the stock market. I used to trade Repo, Corporates and Govies. I'd love to know if he even knows what it is.

• Banned
Still down...no Mr. Shame :clap2:

He'll wait till it ticks up and brag he was right all along. We know the modus operandi.

Sell stocks, buy commodities. Irrational exuberance over avoiding the "fiscal cliff" will soon be replaced by realization that we are completely unable to control spending and deficits.

Sell stocks, buy commodities. Irrational exuberance over avoiding the "fiscal cliff" will soon be replaced by realization that we are completely unable to control spending and deficits.

Absolutely. He'd better stick to not squeezing the Charmin...err... Shaman. :D

not sure the point you are trying to make ... but for the Obama Administration in 4 years the market is up + 7,000 pts.

not sure the point you are trying to make ... but for the Obama Administration in 4 years the market is up + 7,000 pts.

Care to tie that into how Obama or his lack of policies is responsible for it.

Not sure what point you're trying to make.

My point is obvious. Mr. Shame had premature ejaculation over the market being up yesterday.

Last edited:
The market is down at the moment.

Spoken like a member of the herd.

My point is obvious. Mr. Shame had premature ejaculation over the market being up yesterday.

having crushed the Republican 07-09 Great Recession helped.

:cool:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... now back to the topic.

:cool:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... now back to the topic.

what was premature for the markets reaction yesterday ?

Forum List

Back