The Market from Here

I jumped in late today. S&P has been down too long and oil shouldn't continue at this rate of decline much longer either.

Awhile.
When valuations look good. I have a list of desireable stocks and watch them.
Why so vague? Was it a year, six months, a month?

I'm genuinely curious because I'm more of a boring buy and hold lazy portfolio type so am always fascinated by others who say they yank money in and out of the stock market based on whatever news and intuition.

What would valuations looking good be? Like a certain P/E?

Awhile.

I'm genuinely curious because I'm more of a boring buy and hold lazy portfolio type so am always fascinated by others who say they yank money in and out of the stock market based on whatever news and intuition.

The whole world wants to know

Awhile.

Itt ook place over a period of time. Typically I buy and hold. But as you know "Mister Market" comes to you every day offering to buy or sell shares and when valuations look rich it's time to sell.
Lots of things go into valuation. PE, dividiend yield, price to book, historic price, long term price trend, industry outlook, management skill, etc. I am a value investor.

Awhile.

Itt ook place over a period of time. Typically I buy and hold. But as you know "Mister Market" comes to you every day offering to buy or sell shares and when valuations look rich it's time to sell.
Lots of things go into valuation. PE, dividiend yield, price to book, historic price, long term price trend, industry outlook, management skill, etc. I am a value investor.
Awhile.

It took place over a period of time says Rabbi.I'm also very curious,like when did you first start bailing out, when did you finish,how many seperate times,in what multiples, otherwise you're not saying much at all.

What period of time? Like did you sell 50% last year and 50% in May of this year?

As with sjay I'm curious about how market timers do it, yet it seems impossible to get anything but an extremely vague response.

Awhile.

Awhile.

It took place over a period of time says Rabbi.I'm also very curious,like when did you first start bailing out, when did you finish,how many seperate times,in what multiples, otherwise you're not saying much at all.
Over the last 12-18months. Sorry I dont have records of trades in front of me.

Wasn't asking for record of trades, just a general idea of when you started bailing which you obviously knew.

It'll be interesting to see how the market goes from here, useless predictions as usual are all over the map. One one headlines page you can see Bill Gross' corpse making his annual claim that the bull market is done, while on another someone else is saying the growing economy and GDP will push us up another 9-10%.

At least I got my rebalance in. :D

I'm interested in the timing mechanism and transactions costs. SM May of this year needs to be edited

My transactions are transferring between mutual funds in same family twice a year when I rebalance, there are no transaction costs.

My timing mechanism is calendar saying January 1 or July 1.

Therefore timing mechanism and transactions costs aren't relevant to my investing.

Forum List

Back