The March of Left-Wing Sharia

1. “Some traditional childhood games are disappearing from school playgrounds because educators say they're dangerous…prohibited tag at recess because it "progresses easily into slapping and hitting and pushing instead of just touching," Principal Cindy Farwell says….Contact sports were banned…” USATODAY.com - 'Not it!' More schools ban games at recess

Which is where in the Qu'ran?

(Hint: You think America is a Christian nartion; that would make us 'people of the book')

10. SAN FRANCISCO - The City Council of San Francisco voted yesterday to outlaw circumcision.
The new law makes it a misdemeanor to “circumcise, excise, cut or mutilate the…genitals” of all minors, and does not make exceptions for religious reasons.

The decision to permanently remove a boy’s foreskin should not be made by parents, says William Barfield, the author of the new law. SAN FRANCISCO BANS CIRCUMCISION|Weekly World News

“For nearly a century now, the friends of liberty, local autonomy, and civic agency have been in retreat, and the administrative state has grown by leaps and bounds.” https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/digital/rahe/default.asp

Nice to see you're up for the religious genital disfigurement of children, though.

Retarded islamophobic fear mongering and miscellenious political bullshit refuted.

Why do you insist on posting such crap?

Hey, is that you, Beuk?

Who forgot to bolt down the manhole cover?

Outside of your constant neg reps, haven’t heard from you in a while…but not long enough.

But now that you’re here, maybe you could clear up question I have…

Remember, in William James’ “Varieties of Religious Experience,” – you’ve read that, haven’t you?

Well, anyway, he makes the interesting point that some of the dour religious outlooks, in some denominations, was due to physiological dysfunctions in their progenitors…like ulcers and the like,

So, I was thinking, based on your hostile, accusatory posts, the mean-spirited manner of same, would I be correct in guessing that you are gnome-like in demeanor, with a perpetual scowl, and really, really unhappy with your life?

On the head, my ugly little twerp?

And, maybe you live under a bridge?

How’d I do? Time to open my ‘reader-and-advisor’ kiosk?

BTW, the narrative license here is that 'sharia' refers to religious law...in this case, the religion of liberals.

Does that make it easier for your tiny brain?
Liberalism is not a religion. Or have you forgotten the epic smack down I laid upon that lamest of arguments?

What you are trying to do, unsuccessfully, is tie your innate fear of Islam with your innate fear of Progressive politics.

Keep selling fear. There are plenty of undereducated folks ready, willing and able to lap it up as fact.

8. 13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He's had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was told to take it down. Denair Middle School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike - KTXL

Denair School District is in a REPUBLICAN county in CA.

Not sure the politics. But he was told to take it down so the mexicans were not offended.

Imagine a bunch of ignorant fucks getting pissed that a kid flies the American Flag in America.

And you point to the whole counties politics.

Why are you afraid to answer the question? Do you renounce the conservative movement in America today? Do you recognize that a rape victim should not be forced to carry her rapist's child?

"Why are you afraid to answer the question?"

Are you as ugly as your posts appear?

When are you going to cop to having misunderstood the entire OP?
Needed me to explain that it was the religion of liberalism, huh?

As for you asking me the above, who died and made you Fox News?

Write your own OP!

Did you really try to gobble up the Gruff billy-goats?

Once again you prove yourself to be not only a liar, but also a coward

And you, a fool.

8. 13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He's had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was told to take it down. Denair Middle School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike - KTXL

Denair School District is in a REPUBLICAN county in CA.

Why must I always instruct you???

Progressivism is the disease.

It has infected both Democrats, as a ubiquitous function, and Republicans, often.

It was the impetus for the Tea Parties.

Comprehend?

If i want to drink an Energy Drink that contains alcohol,than so be it. I don't need Big Brother making that decision for me. I can handle the decision. It's so shocking to me that so many will just sit back and allow Big Brother to do this stuff. Fuck Big Brother,i want my Energy Drink!

Here:

Make Your Own Four Loko Homebrew: Pics, Videos, Links, News

Is it me, or does an energy drink with alcohol seem counter-productive?

HOLY CRAP- MONSTER PLUS MORE CAFFEINE :eek:

:cuckoo:

(Hint: You think America is a Christian nartion; that would make us 'people of the book')

Nice to see you're up for the religious genital disfigurement of children, though.

Retarded islamophobic fear mongering and miscellenious political bullshit refuted.

Why do you insist on posting such crap?

Hey, is that you, Beuk?

Outside of your constant neg reps, haven’t heard from you in a while…but not long enough.

Remember, in William James’ “Varieties of Religious Experience,” – you’ve read that, haven’t you?

Well, anyway, he makes the interesting point that some of the dour religious outlooks, in some denominations, was due to physiological dysfunctions in their progenitors…like ulcers and the like,

So, I was thinking, based on your hostile, accusatory posts, the mean-spirited manner of same, would I be correct in guessing that you are gnome-like in demeanor, with a perpetual scowl, and really, really unhappy with your life?

BTW, the narrative license here is that 'sharia' refers to religious law...in this case, the religion of liberals.

Liberalism is not a religion. Or have you forgotten the epic smack down I laid upon that lamest of arguments?

What you are trying to do, unsuccessfully, is tie your innate fear of Islam with your innate fear of Progressive politics.

Keep selling fear. There are plenty of undereducated folks ready, willing and able to lap it up as fact.

1. "t’s worth looking closely and seriously at the election-year enthusiasm of media elites and other Obamaphiles, much of which was indeed, as the wags recognized, quasi-religious. The surprising fact is that the American Left, for all its claims to being “reality-based” and secular, is often animated by the passions, motivations, and imagery that one normally associates with religion. The better we understand this religious impulse, the better we will understand liberal America’s likely trajectory in the years to come.

2. And this brings us to Barack Obama’s liberal support during the campaign, which was decidedly different from the regular media bias that conservatives often complain about. “I haven’t seen a politician get this kind of walk-on-water coverage since Colin Powell a dozen years ago flirted with making a run for the White House,” said Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz on Meet the Press in February 2007, a day after Obama announced his candidacy. “I mean, it is amazing . . . a guy with all of two years’ experience in the United States Senate getting coverage that ranges from positive to glowing to even gushing.”

a. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention, he saw me,…”

b. Evan Thomas, a Newsweek editor, on the show Hardball with Chris Matthews last June: …”Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He’s sort of God.”

c. The website ObamaMessiah.blogspot.com has diligently chronicled many more instances of such talk, which seems positively cringe-making in 2010.

3. If twentieth-century history teaches us anything, it’s that political religions spell trouble. Soviet Communism, Italian Fascism, and Nazism aren’t just called “political religions” by scholars today. Mussolini, for instance, called his ideology “not only a faith, but a religion that is conquering the laboring masses of the Italian people.”

a. And in Italy, writes the historian Michael Burleigh, “intellectual sycophants and propagandists characterised [Mussolini] as a prodigy of genius in terms that would not have embarrassed Stalin: messiah, saviour, man of destiny, latterday Caesar, Napoleon, and so forth.”

4. And when a campaigning politician acknowledged forthrightly that he derived a policy from, say, his understanding of the Bible, his potential constituents understood that, however reasonable the policy might be, what underlay it was faith, not reason. The emerging liberal religions are very different: as emotionally captivating for some, at least for a time, as Christianity or Judaism, but untrammeled by any constitutional amendment; as grounded in faith, but pretending to dwell in the realms of reason and science."
The Varieties of Liberal Enthusiasm by Benjamin A. Plotinsky, City Journal Spring 2010

That really chews you up and spits you out, doesn't it?

Wow, does that make this laughable: "Or have you forgotten the epic smack down I laid upon that lamest of arguments?"

Feel like a real idiot now, don't you?

Hey, is that you, Beuk?

1. "t’s worth looking closely and seriously at the election-year enthusiasm of media elites and other Obamaphiles, much of which was indeed, as the wags recognized, quasi-religious. The surprising fact is that the American Left, for all its claims to being “reality-based” and secular, is often animated by the passions, motivations, and imagery that one normally associates with religion. The better we understand this religious impulse, the better we will understand liberal America’s likely trajectory in the years to come.

2. And this brings us to Barack Obama’s liberal support during the campaign, which was decidedly different from the regular media bias that conservatives often complain about. “I haven’t seen a politician get this kind of walk-on-water coverage since Colin Powell a dozen years ago flirted with making a run for the White House,” said Washington Post media critic Howard Kurtz on Meet the Press in February 2007, a day after Obama announced his candidacy. “I mean, it is amazing . . . a guy with all of two years’ experience in the United States Senate getting coverage that ranges from positive to glowing to even gushing.”

a. Samantha Fennell, formerly an associate publisher of Elle, wrote on the magazine’s website a month later: “When I attended my second “Obama Live” fund-raiser last week at New York City’s Grand Hyatt, . . . I was on my feet as Senator Obama entered the room. Fate had blessed me in this moment. . . . In a moment of divine intervention, he saw me,…”

b. Evan Thomas, a Newsweek editor, on the show Hardball with Chris Matthews last June: …”Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He’s sort of God.”

c. The website ObamaMessiah.blogspot.com has diligently chronicled many more instances of such talk, which seems positively cringe-making in 2010.

3. If twentieth-century history teaches us anything, it’s that political religions spell trouble. Soviet Communism, Italian Fascism, and Nazism aren’t just called “political religions” by scholars today. Mussolini, for instance, called his ideology “not only a faith, but a religion that is conquering the laboring masses of the Italian people.”

a. And in Italy, writes the historian Michael Burleigh, “intellectual sycophants and propagandists characterised [Mussolini] as a prodigy of genius in terms that would not have embarrassed Stalin: messiah, saviour, man of destiny, latterday Caesar, Napoleon, and so forth.”

4. And when a campaigning politician acknowledged forthrightly that he derived a policy from, say, his understanding of the Bible, his potential constituents understood that, however reasonable the policy might be, what underlay it was faith, not reason. The emerging liberal religions are very different: as emotionally captivating for some, at least for a time, as Christianity or Judaism, but untrammeled by any constitutional amendment; as grounded in faith, but pretending to dwell in the realms of reason and science."
The Varieties of Liberal Enthusiasm by Benjamin A. Plotinsky, City Journal Spring 2010

Wow, does that make this laughable: "Or have you forgotten the epic smack down I laid upon that lamest of arguments?"

As a Liberal AND a person of faith, I take umbrage with the tactic of screening my political beliefs and forcing them through the flimsy template of Conservative thought to arrive at the false assumption that Liberals have abandoned the faith of their fathers and embrace a pagan, atheistic value system.

You seem to delight in diluting faith to make it serve your lying assumptions. You and your ilk think that by dismissing the faith of Liberals and imposing your warped assumptions on us that the act of disparaging Liberals can be excused as purging heretics from the ranks of the Godly. Shame on you for using faith as a political weapon. Shame on you for making false assumptions about the faith of others. Shame on you for not getting reality into your thinking.

The emerging liberal religions are very different: as emotionally captivating for some, at least for a time, as Christianity or Judaism, but untrammeled by any constitutional amendment; as grounded in faith, but pretending to dwell in the realms of reason and science."

1)Christianity was founded as a liberal religion. The conservatives had Jesus executed by the Romans.

2) 'untrammeled by any constitutional amendment'

"The will of the people... is the only legitimate foundation of any government, and to protect its free expression should be our first object." --Thomas Jefferson to Benjamin Waring, 1801. ME 10:236

Of course, that liberal bastard was untrammeled by the English constitution, the will of those loyal to the crown, and the Articles of Confederation...

As a Liberal AND a person of faith, I take umbrage with the tactic of screening my political beliefs and forcing them through the flimsy template of Conservative thought to arrive at the false assumption that Liberals have abandoned the faith of their fathers and embrace a pagan, atheistic value system.

You seem to delight in diluting faith to make it serve your lying assumptions. You and your ilk think that by dismissing the faith of Liberals and imposing your warped assumptions on us that the act of disparaging Liberals can be excused as purging heretics from the ranks of the Godly. Shame on you for using faith as a political weapon. Shame on you for making false assumptions about the faith of others. Shame on you for not getting reality into your thinking.

1. Your post argued against the demonstrable thesis that liberalism is a political religion.

2. I'm pleased that you take umbrage with the post above, as it means that you are not quite the liberal that you think you are, and that there is hope for you.

3. To the degree that one is on the far left of the political spectrum, and there are infinite degees of same, as you document in your post, then the following is absolutely true: "assumption that Liberals have abandoned the faith of their fathers and embrace a pagan, atheistic value system."

4."... warped assumptions..."
I have no such assumptions, but I do have considerable study in the area. Further, if you found the time and interest to study progressive thought through history, you might wish to redifine your position. I do not mean this to seem condescending, but am guessing that you are unfamiliar with Comte, as per the following: Comte's 'Positivism' was an incipient form of liberalism, progressivism.

Auguste Comte (19 January 1798 – 5 September 1857) was a French philosopher, a founder of the discipline of sociology and of the doctrine of positivism. He may be regarded as the first philosopher of science in the modern sense of the term.[1]
Comte developed sociologie in an attempt to remedy the social malaise left by the French revolution. Comte attempted to introduce a cohesive "religion of humanity" which, though largely unsuccessful, was influential in the development of various secular humanist organizations in the 19th century. He also created and defined the term "altruism."[2]
"The law is this: -that each of our leading conceptions, -each branch of our knowledge, -passes successively through three different theoretical conditions: the Theological, or fictitious; the Metaphysical, or abstract; and the Scientific, or positive." -Comte[10]
1. Theological Stage
1. Fetishism
2. Polytheism
3. Monotheism
2. Metaphysical or Abstract Stage
3. Positive Stage
Auguste Comte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comte argued that humanity progressed in three stages and that in the final stage mankind would throw off Christianity and replace it with a new “religion of humanity,” which married religious fervor to science and reason- even to the extent of making “saints” out of such figures as Shakespeare, Dante and Frederick the Great. Charles Forcey, “The Crossroads of Liberalism,” p. 15

Comte believed that the age of mass industrialization and technocracy would pluck the human mind from the metaphysical realm forever, ushering an age where pragmatic managers would improve the plight of all based on some man-made morality! He anointed himself the high priest of this atheistic, secular faith, which he called positivism.
(emphasis mine)

5. "Shame on you for using faith as a political weapon."
This is not the case: you engendered my post by choosing to label yourself 'liberal' without defining exactly where you stood. Had I seen this post, above, I would have tailored my post in accord with same.

My posts re: liberalism are based on the deleterious effects of same, but I would gladly discuss and support any statements that I make.

Here's where your argument runs into the ditch. You have made an assumption that a person of faith cannot be politically liberal. Worse yet, you assume that a persons politics would be stronger than his faith. And even worse, you assume that a person's faith can be abandoned, even in the face of His glory and the wonders of His hand, so that a political ideology might mute the spirit and harden the heart.

1. Your post argued against the demonstrable thesis that liberalism is a political religion.

You demonstrated no such thing. However, it's been repeatedly demonstrated that there is a significant portion of the right grounded in racism, xenophobia, and neochristianity.
3. To the degree that one is on the far left of the political spectrum, and there are infinite degees of same, as you document in your post, then the following is absolutely true: "assumption that Liberals have abandoned the faith of their fathers and embrace a pagan, atheistic value system."

Anyone who does not adhere to the ideology of Liberalism is not a Liberal any more than you are a communist.
4."... warped assumptions..."
I have no such assumptions,

:lol:
Auguste Comte (19 January 1798 – 5 September 1857) was a French philosopher, a founder of the discipline of sociology and of the doctrine of positivism. He may be regarded as the first philosopher of science in the modern sense of the term.[1]
Comte developed sociologie in an attempt to remedy the social malaise left by the French revolution. Comte attempted to introduce a cohesive "religion of humanity" which, though largely unsuccessful, was influential in the development of various secular humanist organizations in the 19th century.

secular humanism is a philosophy distinct from the ideology of Liberalism

5. "Shame on you for using faith as a political weapon."
This is not the case: you engendered my post by choosing to label yourself 'liberal' without defining exactly where you stood.

Says the loon who defines as 'liberalism' anything and everything under the sun aside from total renunciation of shoes and houses. Funny that you're using a computer when you're on the record as denouncing science as 'usurping the prerogatives of god'
My posts re: liberalism are based on the deleterious effects of same,
You don't even know what liberalism is.
but I would gladly discuss and support any statements that I make.
That'd be a first

Here's where your argument runs into the ditch. You have made an assumption that a person of faith cannot be politically liberal. Worse yet, you assume that a persons politics would be stronger than his faith. And even worse, you assume that a person's faith can be abandoned, even in the face of His glory and the wonders of His hand, so that a political ideology might mute the spirit and harden the heart.

Actually, I make no conclusion about 'a person,' but rather mean my precis to point out that people, a generalization, who are liberal would tend to be less religious, and would would be more likely to behave as those indicated in the OP.

Had I meant to concluded about all liberals, then your last post would have defeated that premise.

My posts are meant to spotlight the effects of liberalism vis-a-vis Western political philosophies, as there are many who are unaware of its provenance, how it is contrary to the views of the Founders, and, therefore, it's significance for the future of our nation.

I hope you see that, in terms of the USMB, tip-toeing around the debate would make for a really dull discussion, and so, I regularly take the extreme view.

Sharia is Liberal? Is this the latest attempt at propaganda? You'd have a hard time convincing me that Sharia is anything but an extremely Conservative belief system.

You demonstrated no such thing. However, it's been repeatedly demonstrated that there is a significant portion of the right grounded in racism, xenophobia, and neochristianity.

Anyone who does not adhere to the ideology of Liberalism is not a Liberal any more than you are a communist.

:lol:

secular humanism is a philosophy distinct from the ideology of Liberalism

Says the loon who defines as 'liberalism' anything and everything under the sun aside from total renunciation of shoes and houses. Funny that you're using a computer when you're on the record as denouncing science as 'usurping the prerogatives of god'
My posts re: liberalism are based on the deleterious effects of same,
You don't even know what liberalism is.
but I would gladly discuss and support any statements that I make.
That'd be a first

Hard to believe that I haven't made myself clear:

I find you to be a despicable little worm.

Could you find someone else to stalk?

New Topics

Forum List

Back