the Map of "Zheng He"

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
13178816_1732212563701121_8409732629257354993_n.jpg

World's map as drawn by the Chinese Muslim explorer "Zheng He" in 1418. The map, shows North and South America.

In 1421, a Chinese Muslim Admiral named “Zheng He” landed on American shores. He’s the same great navigator who was celebrated in the opening ceremony of Beijing Olympics on 8 August, 2008.

The British submarine engineer and historian Gavin Menzies gave an astounding seminar on March 15, 2002 to the Royal Geographical Society in London, with evidence proving that Zheng He, a Chinese Muslim navigator in the Ming dynasty, beat Columbus by more than 70 years in discovering America.

The exhibition starts in Hunnan (China) in 1382, with a narrative space giving some background on Zheng He’s youth. Zheng, a Chinese Muslim, was captured as a child in wartime by the Ming army and made a eunuch to serve at court. He became a scholar and a trusted adviser to the third Ming emperor, Zhu Di, who sent him on a mission to “proceed all the way to the ends of the earth to collect tribute from the barbarians beyond the seas.
zheng_he_02.jpg

Zheng He - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love this stuff.
If that's his map there's no way that he visited/discovered everywhere on it.
How do we know that he didn't draw the Americas in from other maps as he obviously did for so much of the rest of the world?

13178816_1732212563701121_8409732629257354993_n.jpg

World's map as drawn by the Chinese Muslim explorer "Zheng He" in 1418. The map, shows North and South America.

In 1421, a Chinese Muslim Admiral named “Zheng He” landed on American shores. He’s the same great navigator who was celebrated in the opening ceremony of Beijing Olympics on 8 August, 2008.

The British submarine engineer and historian Gavin Menzies gave an astounding seminar on March 15, 2002 to the Royal Geographical Society in London, with evidence proving that Zheng He, a Chinese Muslim navigator in the Ming dynasty, beat Columbus by more than 70 years in discovering America.

The exhibition starts in Hunnan (China) in 1382, with a narrative space giving some background on Zheng He’s youth. Zheng, a Chinese Muslim, was captured as a child in wartime by the Ming army and made a eunuch to serve at court. He became a scholar and a trusted adviser to the third Ming emperor, Zhu Di, who sent him on a mission to “proceed all the way to the ends of the earth to collect tribute from the barbarians beyond the seas.
zheng_he_02.jpg

Zheng He - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I loved Menzies book, but frankly it doesn't stand up well to scrutiny. Many of the curiosities that Menzies mentions he documents poorly and I wasn't able to find any more info on- such as the supposed discovery of a junk in the Sacramento Delta.

I think his theory that the Chinese may have landed in the America's is entirely possible. Certainly they have the technical expertise to have made it here, and we do know that they went as far as Africa.

But there is no proof that they ever made it to the Americas.

Forum List

Back