The many friends sprinkled with the dust in the second chapter of Job.

Holos

Feb 21, 2016
California
According to the book of Job, chapter 2, of the Holy Bible, Job was so healthy that once again very similar circumstances happened to him as Satan and the Lord related to him through consideration and inquiry respectively.

The Lord upheld Job's sovereignty and integrity even unto the Lord's own frivolity in relating to Satan, expecting of Satan to support Job.
Job needed not the Lord nor Satan, yet the Lord observed Job carefully in Job's sinless words and successfully gained Satan's support for Job.

All of it in respect to God's set course and so Job would fair God's way properly, even as Job was completely free in God's providence, as were Satan and the Lord.

So were the three friends of Job: God, the Lord and Satan; sprinkled with dust according to their individual places of provenience, recognized by the close and sound scripted words.

Now, would anyone be able to tell me why was it dust which they sprinkled on their heads?

I am using the Revised Standard Version of the Holy Bible:

Bible Gateway passage: Job 2 - Revised Standard Version

Now, would anyone be able to tell me why was it dust which they sprinkled on their heads?

ASHES - JewishEncyclopedia.com

The article offers etymological references, but cannot confidently provide contextual cohesion or syntactical uniformity for the case in the second chapter of Job.

The second chapter of Job is of triumph, and not of mourning as the article proposes the significance of ashes to be, even as the word may be synonymous to dust in the Hebrew language.

I have just read your OP and how you have twisted the Scriptures in Job in a most diabolical way, Holos. What you are doing is wicked and if you do not turn from your wickedness you will be destroyed. You've been warned now.

It is clear you are a servant of Satan and I would strongly advise people not to read your writings or have anything to do with you. I answered you question on my thread not having read what you wrote here. You would have already been put on ignore had I read this first. I will now put you on ignore and hope others will do the same.

I have just read your OP and how you have twisted the Scriptures in Job in a most diabolical way, Holos. What you are doing is wicked and if you do not turn from your wickedness you will be destroyed. You've been warned now.

It is clear you are a servant of Satan and I would strongly advise people not to read your writings or have anything to do with you. I answered you question on my thread not having read what you wrote here. You would have already been put on ignore had I read this first. I will now put you on ignore and hope others will do the same.

You have answered my question on your thread? Why not on this thread, in which it would be promptly pertinent to the topic?

Forum List

Back