The Many Collapses of Keynesianism

How has supply side economics worked out?

This will be over your head but please try to follow. We got from the stone age to here because people "SUPPLIED" the goods and services necessary for the journey. Catching on now?

"Necessary"? Why is it necessary for my tax dollars to bail out banks and their customers,

simple, so your country wont have a great depression!!

who put faith in a banking system where only 10% of deposits are in reserve?

who knows what % should be held in reserve??? Do you know????

90% of your money is being played with by banks, but we're supposed to bail everyone out because of a recession that causes people to want to claim their money?

well we could have a law requiring 100% reserves, for example, but it would not change a thing. Banks could simply borrow from the Fed or make few or no loans in which case we'd probably have no economic growth. Not so simple is it?

I don't get the logic. I don't support a banking system where my tax dollars are assumed to be your safety net when the ponzi scheme rears its ugly head.

ponzi scheme is of course the wrong term since our scheme has produced the highest standard of living in human history. A gold standard has its own problems, and of course there a million ways to run one too.

Why should banks risk 90% of transaction deposits? They have time and savings deposits to use, and could easily establish other accounts where customers can loan the bank money at a market rate.

That way, money you expect to transact with on a daily basis is 100% there, with the rest already assumed to be potentially unavailable.

What good is the standard of living if in the event of an economic downturn, a run on the banks leads to a super depression???

How has supply side economics worked out?

This will be over your head but please try to follow. We got from the stone age to here because people "SUPPLIED" the goods and services necessary for the journey. Catching on now?

No I'm not

How does pumping money into one sector of the economy "tinkle down" to another sector?

actually they are opposites. Keynes is demand side while Friedman is supply side. Its hard to believe you've got this confused

Actually they're not, but the two sides would like you to believe that.

just wasting time or can you suppoprt what you say. dah!!!!!

I take it you're a supply-side supporter, right? Well you say the bailouts prevented us from going into a depression. Thus, supply-side economics and Keynesian economics are one in the same.

No I'm not
How does pumping money into one sector of the economy "tinkle down" to another sector?

where is the pumping?? Henry Ford and Bill Gates could not have gotten mega rich unless their inventions improved the standard of living of the middle and lower classes too! Nw you know what tinkle down really means.

This is a huge day for you?

Last edited:
No I'm not

where is the pumping?? Henry Ford and Bill Gates could not have gotten mega rich unless their inventions improved the standard of living of the middle and lower classes too! Nw you know what tinkle down really means.

They did not rely on government handouts to form their business. They also went out of their way to be sure their employees were paid a competitive wage. Ford was criticized for paying his employees too much. But he knew he needed the working class to be able to afford his cars

Supply side economics does not do that

Actually I didn't.

so please assume I'm slow and explain it another way
for me.

You, along with Keynesians, support bailing out failed institutions rather than allowing the necessary market correction.

yes but Keynes favors government intervention everywhere all the time whereas supply side capitalists don't. Keynes wants to create aggregate demand or aggregate customers while capitalists don't. That is a huge difference.

so please assume I'm slow and explain it another way
for me.

You, along with Keynesians, support bailing out failed institutions rather than allowing the necessary market correction.

yes but Keynes favors government intervention everywhere all the time whereas supply side capitalists don't. Keynes wants to create aggregate demand or aggregate customers while capitalists don't. That is a huge difference.

No, actually he didn't. And calling yourself a capitalist while supporting bailouts is quite a misnomer, since capitalism is a system of a profit and loss.

No I'm not

They did not rely on government handouts to form their business.

who said they did??????????????????????????????????

[
They also went out of their way to be sure their employees were paid a competitive wage.

of course no one works for anyone unless they pay a competitive wage

[
Ford was criticized for paying his employees too much.

not by his employees

[
But he knew he needed the working class to be able to afford his cars

of course it is always far better to sell a Chevy than a Rolls. That is a huge lesson for you to absoorb

[
Supply side economics does not do that

does not do what??? You forgot to say????

Forum List

Back