The manipulated GOP voter: "get your government hands off my medicare"

You have some proof for this?

That Medicare, a defined benefit public insurance program, would no longer exist under his proposal? I suppose Exhibit A would be the proposal. The one in which that defined benefit public insurance program (Medicare) is eliminated. Hm, I guess I actually rest my case with that one.

You're welcome.

That Huffpo article in your link misrepresents Ryan's proposal for Medicare. His proposal would save Medicare by restructuring it for folks under 55; and above 55 it would remain unaffected.

The mantra that we have to end Medicare to save it seems to be catching on with the far right. Good luck with that.

And it's really the Dems who will dismantle Medicare,, by rolling it into Obama care

:lol:

Perhaps you should review what Ryan is proposing.

Ryan's plan is not to "end it to save it" that is your partisan take. His plan would instill it with free market incentves through competitive forces instead of the heavy hand of the bureacracy squeezing providers til they disappear.

There's annually 48b of fraud and waste in Medicare as its presently administered. That will never be forced out and removed under the existing system. The free market is very effective at operating efficiently; bureaucracies are effective at covering it up and ignoring it for a multitude of reasons.

And I have reviewed Ryan's proposal; but I am interested in any source material you have if you would be so kind as to provide a link? (I'll be pestering you for that if it's not forthcoming - AH)

Last edited:
What do you know about "the far right"?
ANswer: Nothing.

I know they've been champing at the bit to dismantle Medicare for quite some time. And now they've summoned the courage to take a crack at it.

I for one applaud them for going all in. :clap2:

Riiight.

This is kabuki theater. Republicans put up a bunch of loons during the midterms and now they don't know what to do with them. So..they are letting them find out how things work, blow off some steam and then become a bit more "moderate" before the 2012 election.

That Huffpo article in your link misrepresents Ryan's proposal for Medicare. His proposal would save Medicare by restructuring it for folks under 55; and above 55 it would remain unaffected.

The mantra that we have to end Medicare to save it seems to be catching on with the far right. Good luck with that.

And it's really the Dems who will dismantle Medicare,, by rolling it into Obama care

Ryan's plan is not to "end it to save it" that is your partisan take. His plan would instill it with free market incentves through competitive forces instead of the heavy hand of the bureacracy squeezing providers til they disappear. There's annually 48b of fraud and waste in Medicare as its presently administered. That will never be forced out and removed under the existing system. The free market is very effective at operating efficiently; bureaucracies are effective at covering it up and ignoring it for a multitude of reasons.

And I have reviewed Ryan's proposal; but I am interested in any source material you have if you would be so kind as to provide a link? (I'll be pestering you for that if it's not forthcoming - AH)

Which is what?

Ending it.

Ryan's plan is not to "end it to save it" that is your partisan take. His plan would instill it with free market incentves through competitive forces instead of the heavy hand of the bureacracy squeezing providers til they disappear. There's annually 48b of fraud and waste in Medicare as its presently administered. That will never be forced out and removed under the existing system. The free market is very effective at operating efficiently; bureaucracies are effective at covering it up and ignoring it for a multitude of reasons.

Doctor's would not have a clue.

Single-Payer National Health Insurance | Physicians for a National Health Program

I would say has an observer that "T" and Racist Rabbi got their asses handed to them.
All they can do is comeback with attacks, there was NO addressing the questions or responses, in other words, it was a one-sided debate, Rabbi and "T" never did debate.
BUT GunZawga, you need to get over yourself.

All the points were answered. Everything was proven on our end. You are not an observer. You are little weasly partisan hack with nothing to contribute.

Your lack of testosterone is exemplified with each ensuing post. Damn that must hurt!

I am truly sorry.

You're kinda wasting your time here. It may be fun..but ultimately it's like dealing with a spinning wheel. You wind up at the same place every time.

Ryan's plan is not to "end it to save it" that is your partisan take. His plan would instill it with free market incentves through competitive forces instead of the heavy hand of the bureacracy squeezing providers til they disappear.

If that's your way of saying Medicare is dismantled and seniors are instead pushed into the individual private market with a defined contribution that's in no way pegged to the actual cost of private insurance, sure. That's what I'm saying. Medicare no longer exists under that proposal. The basic benefit currently guaranteed to seniors in federal law disappears. CMS ceases to function as a payer. You're free to argue the merits of that approach but not noticing that Medicare is eliminated under it? That's a fairly basic point to miss.

Last edited:
You have some proof for this?

That Medicare, a defined benefit public insurance program, would no longer exist under his proposal? I suppose Exhibit A would be the proposal. The one in which that defined benefit public insurance program (Medicare) is eliminated. Hm, I guess I actually rest my case with that one.

You're welcome.

So your answer is no, you don't have any proof.
Medicare is:
AN ACT

To provide a hospital insurance program for the aged under the Social Security Act with a supplementary medical benefits program and an extended program of medical assistance, to increase benefits under the Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance System, to improve the Federal-State public assistance programs, and for other purposes.
Which part of that is being eliminated? That is a quotation from the Social Security Act of 1965, which established the program.
Any time you'd care to rejoin planet Earth and recant your position would be fine.

All the points were answered. Everything was proven on our end. You are not an observer. You are little weasly partisan hack with nothing to contribute.

Your lack of testosterone is exemplified with each ensuing post. Damn that must hurt!

I am truly sorry.

You're kinda wasting your time here. It may be fun..but ultimately it's like dealing with a spinning wheel. You wind up at the same place every time.

Yes, he (and you) end up being wrong.
This is because other people know more, and are smarter and therefore can read and understand things more readily than you.
Don't get too cozy with Mr. Gunzawga (an Ibo word meaning "Bullshit" btw). He has already been unmasked here as a poseur.

I vote Republican generally because when I do, I am voting for the least stupid of the stupid politicians. The largest collection of stupid politicians are all Democrats. However, the rest are all closing in fast.

well now thats debatable aint it Dog?......there are some dam stupid Republicans out there.....they have their Pelosi's.....

g.

What do you know about "the far right"?
ANswer: Nothing.

Well, since that's a valid argument, I'll use it to get out of my car payment.

Go right ahead. Quit making your car payment. Please. Go show them.

The OP is an asshole, of course. For starters no one ever said "keep the government's hands off my medicare."
Secondly, the GOP is trying to save Medicare. The Dems want to destroy it and replace with a single payer system (socialized medicine) for everyone. Anyone who can't see that has not been paying attention.

Point out the lie or take the sword with the samurai!

You clowns amaze me with your ignorance.

did you read the links, asshole? Of course none of them say the GOP is planning on dismantling Medicare. Because the GOP is not planning on dismantling Medicare.
I see we have another posturing lawyer on the lib side here. Let me guess, you were in school with Jillian.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? A couple of the links go back 15 years. Medicare has been in the crosshairs of the GOP ever since it was started.

GOP Moving To Dismantle Medicare | Political Correction

GOP’s budget plan targets Medicare; Democrats smell blood - The Center for Public Integrity

GOP budget chief calls for $6.2 trillion spending cut - CNN

Press Release :: CBO Confirms: GOP Budget Dismantles Medicare, Dramatically Increases Costs for Seniors

Would Paul Ryan's budget abolish Medicare? - Yahoo! News

Republicans finally unveil dismantling of Medicare - Phoenix Independent | Examiner.com

Defenders of Medicare Warn of GOP Cuts - Los Angeles Times

TIBU2.COM: GOP Bait and Switch on Medicare

G.O.P.'s Plan to Cut Medicare Faces a Veto, Clinton Promises - NYTimes.com

Obviously you know very little about the far right as well.....

I am truly sorry.

Yes, he (and you) end up being wrong.
This is because other people know more, and are smarter and therefore can read and understand things more readily than you.
Don't get too cozy with Mr. Gunzawga (an Ibo word meaning "Bullshit" btw). He has already been unmasked here as a poseur.

Dude..you live in a world entirely your own.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF-yh4mU6ps]YouTube - Twilight Zone Intro (1985)[/ame]

If Congress wants cut back why don't they do their jobs cheaper. Leave us Senior Citizens alone. Government shut down., give me a break. Stop paying congress people. Their useless anyway. Why spend millions of dollars getting elected to those jobs, to make a small amout, NO WAY, they line their pockets & take from the old & poor who are jobless, losing their homes. They live in mansions compared to us on fixed incomes. Seniors have a right to get what we paid in all our lives for. Leave social security alone & use your savings to live off of instead on ours. I would love to run this country just for a short time. Congress members are useless & we pay them to take from us. We could feed alot of people with what we waste on overseas jurks that hate us anyway. Take a paycut congressmen & woman..This country is heading like all the others with protest & demands if it keeps going. We live in a wonderful country but too much is being taken from the normal people by the stinking rich Congress & President. GOD BE WITH YOU ALL & HOPE SOMEDAY YOU HAVE TO LIVE POOR LIKE US TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET.

Stop electing republicans..or stop complaining. The choice is simple.

yea lets just elect Democrats.....that will make it so much better......

If Congress wants cut back why don't they do their jobs cheaper. Leave us Senior Citizens alone. Government shut down., give me a break. Stop paying congress people. Their useless anyway. Why spend millions of dollars getting elected to those jobs, to make a small amout, NO WAY, they line their pockets & take from the old & poor who are jobless, losing their homes. They live in mansions compared to us on fixed incomes. Seniors have a right to get what we paid in all our lives for. Leave social security alone & use your savings to live off of instead on ours. I would love to run this country just for a short time. Congress members are useless & we pay them to take from us. We could feed alot of people with what we waste on overseas jurks that hate us anyway. Take a paycut congressmen & woman..This country is heading like all the others with protest & demands if it keeps going. We live in a wonderful country but too much is being taken from the normal people by the stinking rich Congress & President. GOD BE WITH YOU ALL & HOPE SOMEDAY YOU HAVE TO LIVE POOR LIKE US TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET.

*NOT* They've fucked things up enough...RepuBICANS a very close second.

Democrats are not talking about dismantling SSI, Medicare and Medicaid.

as soon as i seen this i knew this was just another bullshit report...........

Currently, the U.S. health care system is outrageously expensive, yet inadequate. Despite spending more than twice as much as the rest of the industrialized nations ($8,160 per capita), the United States performs poorly in comparison on major health indicators such as life expectancy, infant mortality and immunization rates. Moreover, the other advanced nations provide comprehensive coverage to their entire populations, while the U.S. leaves 51 million completely uninsured and millions more inadequately covered.

Life expectancy is up to the person....not the Health System in place......many people who have GREAT plans take shitty care of themselves.....you can have as your Health Clinic the Star Ship Enterprise with Doctor Crusher as your Doctor.....if you dont take care of yourself....there is not much she can do for you.....

and now we are back up to 50 million again for Uninsured......sure we are.....

Forum List

Back