The Man In The High Castle

Oh there aren't actually 20 episodes. Just 10. The other 10 were backgrounds etc. Was interesting though. Now I guess we wait another year for season 3.
Good to hear it's been renewed. I was sorry "Good Girls Revolt" wasn't renewed. It wasn't a great series, but certainly interesting. Probably a lot cheaper to produce than "The Man in the High Castle".

‘The Man In the High Castle’ Renewed For Season 3 By Amazon, Gets A Showrunner
Based on Philip K. Dick’s Hugo Award-winning 1962 alternate history novel, season two of The Man in the High Castle, released on Dec. 16, continues to explore what would have happened if the Allied Powers had lost World War II. While Germany controls much of the East Coast and Japan controls the West Coast, the Rocky Mountains have become a “neutral zone”—and ground zero for a resistance, led by a mysterious figure known only as “the Man in the High Castle.
man-in-high-castle.jpg

Oh there aren't actually 20 episodes. Just 10. The other 10 were backgrounds etc. Was interesting though. Now I guess we wait another year for season 3.
Good to hear it's been renewed. I was sorry "Good Girls Revolt" wasn't renewed. It wasn't a great series, but certainly interesting. Probably a lot cheaper to produce than "The Man in the High Castle".

‘The Man In the High Castle’ Renewed For Season 3 By Amazon, Gets A Showrunner
Based on Philip K. Dick’s Hugo Award-winning 1962 alternate history novel, season two of The Man in the High Castle, released on Dec. 16, continues to explore what would have happened if the Allied Powers had lost World War II. While Germany controls much of the East Coast and Japan controls the West Coast, the Rocky Mountains have become a “neutral zone”—and ground zero for a resistance, led by a mysterious figure known only as “the Man in the High Castle.
man-in-high-castle.jpg

Yay!!!! I find it so incredibly good! Can't wait for season 3. LOL

I tried watching it, but gave up after four episodes. I just didn't find it to be very compelling.

Once you really get into it, it is very compelling imo. It is one of those that you have to sit and try to figure out exactly what is really happening. I think season 2 was better.

I tried watching it, but gave up after four episodes. I just didn't find it to be very compelling.
I find the premise fascinating and think Amazon did an excellent job of creating an alternative America.

OTOH, like some of the other streaming series, it does take time to become "invested" in the series. I've given up on a few, but now that Amazon, Starz and Netflix allow downloading, I can watch more on the road rather than waiting for an area with decent wifi service.

On the political side we often discuss how people tend to watch what they already agree with such as conservatives watching Fox and liberals MSNBC, but we have a similar issue with cable and streaming: There is a lot of great stuff to watch and, unless we want to become couch potatoes, there is only so much time to watch it. Unless something is really interesting to me, I don't watch anything unless it is a high 6.something or 7 on the IMDB scale. Just no time to watch crap anymore. Not a bad dilemma. :)

I read the book a while back.
How was it? How does it compare to the series?
It's a little different and wordy. Phillip K. Dick writes weird sometimes and doing so makes him hard to follow. The series is probably better.

One thing I did find. I had to finally turn on subtitles because they talked so low, sometimes I could not understand what they were saying.. Subtitles made it perfect.

Forum List

Back