The mainstream media will actually start leaning right when....

I submit that when a corporation actively lobbies for lighter enviro regulation, and dumps hazardous waste into the environment, they are creating harm. Pointing that out is not 'left' leaning journalism.
Correct. Pointing it out, and then completely ignoring the other 95% of corporate activity that does good, is left-leaning journalism. And it's exactly what our mainstream media does, day in and day out.

I've asked before, and you have failed to answer, when was the last time you saw a movie depicting corporate actions as having beneficial results for society?

[Irrelevant comments on who controls what, comments which ignore the actual doings of the corporations in question, deleted]

In a way, Gurdari, I should thank you for illustrating my point so well. In your posts here, you completely ignore the points I have made, ducked any inviation to refute them, and have consistently harped on the relatively few existing bad things while doing your best to suppress the myriads of good things companies have done.

I couldn't have provided a better example of extreme left-wing slant, omission, and distortion than you have here, if I tried.

Correct. Pointing it out, and then completely ignoring the other 95% of corporate activity that does good, is left-leaning journalism. And it's exactly what our mainstream media does, day in and day out.

I've asked before, and you have failed to answer, when was the last time you saw a movie depicting corporate actions as having beneficial results for society?

[Irrelevant comments on who controls what, comments which ignore the actual doings of the corporations in question, deleted]

In a way, Gurdari, I should thank you for illustrating my point so well. In your posts here, you completely ignore the points I have made, ducked any inviation to refute them, and have consistently harped on the relatively few existing bad things while doing your best to suppress the myriads of good things companies have done.

I couldn't have provided a better example of extreme left-wing slant, omission, and distortion than you have here, if I tried.

Okay...let's do it. 95%... I guess I'm the only one who needs to back things up? Unless you want to showme your source for that statistic?
I guess you're sick of Chomsky on every channel being asked his opinion on matters, and spend fruitless hours searching for some rightwing perspective, for that I (as someone who provides you with an example of how the media operate... since I must therefore BE media) apologize.

Why criticize me for ignoring facts and making irrelevant comments and then do the same? Is that flattery in its sincerest form?

THE LAST TIME I SAW A MOVIE WITH SLANT? Let's say that I've NEVER SEEN ONE. WHat does that have to do with media slant? I've never seen a movie where the US army is depicted as Nazis invading and conquering other lands... therefor it... what - must be true?

Corporations act according to their own interests (agree or disagree).
Those interests prioritize profit over other factors like the environment or even the company's workers (agree or disagree).
Media in North America (mainstream) is run by corporations (agree or disagree).
Corporations ahve obligations to shareholders and the bottom line (advertisers for example). Agree or disagree.

Now, after researching media psoitions on the US involvment in Haiti, Nicaraugua, Panama, Chile, Vietnam as examples - show me at least SOME evidence of this systemic leftleaning bias. Please. Unless those all ahppen to be bad examples, out of the ordinary?

It does not matter if a politician is left of right wing, the money controlls them, they follow it and vote with it. Nobody in the white house or congress actually gives a shit about us or knows how to fix anything. They want us to spend so they look good, they want us to pay state taxes to open new places to spend more money. Federal taxes for the creation of new programs that ask for money. And fund the war to take over small country's that have black money called oil. And why? Its simple, money gets you elected again, and again. How? campaigns, tv advertising, buttons, bumper stickers. So you see, those with the most money (the middle class) indirectly controll the airwaves.If its a right wing channel and they like what they see, they will watch the comercials and buy shit they dont need. If its a left wing channel same thing, political positions dont matter, its what the american people want to see, and the channels doing whatever it takes to bring them back everyday. The media is not leaning left, the american people are just leaning in the opposite direction of bush.

Who was the last democratic president before clinton? Jimmy carter whos last year in office was 1981. So besides clinton, all presidents in the past 26 years have been republican. How is the media leaning left?!?! Like i said, its not about the media, its about the american people, if they lean left....the media goes with them, if they lean right it does the same. Right now, nobody on this planet is leaning towards this incompitent president. Well aside from the proud devoted simple people who think patriotism is the most important thing since processed meat. So why should the media back him if he is not backing the insterests of his own people? The same people who make the economy go, and watch the tv channels that sell million dollar ads that make us buy shit which makes certain people rich. Its simple math, if you want to be rich, follow the trend, right now the trend is blaming bush, for his silver spoon fed life, and inability to secure our nation diplomatically. Has he EVER NOT lived in the white house?!? I think once when he was pretending to be a pilot.

[unrelateed talk about campaigns and politicians deleted]

How is the media leaning left?!?!
Have you read any of the posts in this thread? I suggest you do so. Your question has been answered there repeatedly.

its not about the media
On the contrary, this thread IS about the media, and what agenda it promotes or suppresses. See the title, and the first post.

[More unrelated, silly notions about what people supposedly believe deleted]

its not LEANING left, as i said in my post indirectly its being "led" left. I guess i have to spell it out. Dont attack my interpretations just because you didnt understand the post. Being LED! not leaning.

And yes the original thread is the foundation of all these reply's. Just like all threads, they evolve and manifest themselves to opinions and facts of any given person. How am i taking anything out of context? I simply dissagree with the original post that the media is leaning left because of its investors. Again i will spell it out for you, I said its not about the media because the media has no power, so how can one channel sway an entire country to lean left. What media are you guys talking about? CNN? CNBC? FOX NEWS? None of these channels are biased enough to sway an entire nation. Since the rise of the internet, The american people can see whats really going on in the world and form their own opinions.

Forum List

Back