the main reason why OWS is hilariously stupid

Once winter sets in, they'll disappear.

It's not easy to sleep outside when temps fall below freezing, and it begins to sleet.
220px-Adult_deer_tick%28cropped%29.jpg

The season is active from May through October. May carry dangerous diseases of mental and physical varieties.

It would really be terrible if someone released about a million of these in a public park occupied by a bunch of malcontents whose 99 weeks of unemployment insurance have expired......

:razz:
Well at least it's all natural 'bio-terrorism' then. I'm sure that's what they'd call it.

You know, that'd not be a bad idea.

they bitch about bailouts.
they bitch about the housing bubble.
they bitch about jobs.

yet they protest wall st instead of the government. the same government that caused each one of those problems. if OWS had any sense they would join forces with the tea party (in an economic context...socially not so much obviously) to get sound money and the free market back on track without the government getting in the way. But nope, these OWS idiots would rather protest middle men and scapegoats and give the real problem a free pass. well done.
The bailouts are the fault of the government.
The housing bubble, not, unless you blame deregulation.
The jobs, not, unless you blame the reluctance of the Republicans to support temporary job measures that boost the economy.
I disagree about the housing bubble. It wasn't so much deregulation, rather it was incompetent regulation. There were already a set of regulations in place, with the requisite reactions by the regulated, and these requisite reactions were not addressed.

With every regulation of the market comes a reaction by the regulated. Those drafting the regulations have a duty to thoroughly analyze the ramifications of those regulations. Rarely do they, because their specialty is politics, not economics.

And, we keep electing the incompetent.

From my reading on it, there were no real regulations on credit default swaps, which are the real culprit in the financial meltdown. A decent run down on them at wiki.

Credit default swap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The jobs, not, unless you blame the reluctance of the Republicans to support temporary job measures that boost the economy.
I disagree about the housing bubble. It wasn't so much deregulation, rather it was incompetent regulation. There were already a set of regulations in place, with the requisite reactions by the regulated, and these requisite reactions were not addressed.

With every regulation of the market comes a reaction by the regulated. Those drafting the regulations have a duty to thoroughly analyze the ramifications of those regulations. Rarely do they, because their specialty is politics, not economics.

From my reading on it, there were no real regulations on credit default swaps, which are the real culprit in the financial meltdown. A decent run down on them at wiki.

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't really address what I said.

You said the regulations weren't enforced. But in reality, CDSs had no regulations in place to enforce.

You said the regulations weren't enforced. But in reality, CDSs had no regulations in place to enforce.
No, I did not say the regulations were not enforced. Read what I said again.

220px-Adult_deer_tick%28cropped%29.jpg

The season is active from May through October. May carry dangerous diseases of mental and physical varieties.

It would really be terrible if someone released about a million of these in a public park occupied by a bunch of malcontents whose 99 weeks of unemployment insurance have expired......

:razz:
Well at least it's all natural 'bio-terrorism' then. I'm sure that's what they'd call it.

You know, that'd not be a bad idea.

I'm certain most Wall Street workers would call it The Judgement of God: Something along the same lines of Locust, Lice, Flies and Frogs decending upon Pharoh's Egypt.

You gotta admit this does look a little like Wall St:
plagues_egypt_hi.jpg

Last edited:

CDS caused the meltdown? How?

they bitch about jobs.

yet they protest wall st instead of the government. the same government that caused each one of those problems. if OWS had any sense they would join forces with the tea party (in an economic context...socially not so much obviously) to get sound money and the free market back on track without the government getting in the way. But nope, these OWS idiots would rather protest middle men and scapegoats and give the real problem a free pass. well done.

And if the Tea Party had any sense, they'd realize that those kids on the street, however naive they may be, are on the same side. They'd find the common ground and work to achieve mutual goals.

Instead, they mock them and continue to pitch their tents with the Republican party. I'm not sure which group is more naive.

they bitch about jobs.

And if the Tea Party had any sense, they'd realize that those kids on the street, however naive they may be, are on the same side. They'd find the common ground and work to achieve mutual goals.

Instead, they mock them and continue to pitch their tents with the Republican party. I'm not sure which group is more naive.
There is no common ground when one group is protesting FOR more government involvement and the other is AGAINST more government involvement.

they bitch about jobs.

There is no common ground when one group is protesting FOR more government involvement and the other is AGAINST more government involvement.

:eek:

You noticed that, huh?

:eek:

You noticed that, huh?
Go figure, huh?

:lol:

they bitch about jobs.

And I don't know who you are most confused about? The Tea Party or the OWS croud. WE in the Tea Party have NOTHING in common with the "Flea Party" OWS croud.

WE want less spending, they want more.
WE want less taxes, they want more.
WE want fiscal reponsibility, they want handouts.
WE want free-market solutions to healthcare, they want free healthcare.

The OWS people don't have any clear prescriptions for solutions. But they're protesting against many of the same problems that the Tea Party targets: Corporate welfare, crony capitalism - corporatism as a mode of governing. Despite the rhetoric of some opportunistic "leaders", I don't think the most of OWS people are genuinely opposed to free markets. I think they're upset about the growing perception that our current setup isn't a free market, that it is, instead, a rigged game. And about that, they're right.

What the Tea Party should be doing, imho, is reaching out to these people and showing them how ill-conceived government has created the problems they're protesting, and how more of the same won't change the equation.

And I don't know who you are most confused about? The Tea Party or the OWS croud. WE in the Tea Party have NOTHING in common with the "Flea Party" OWS croud.

Then clearly you should make enemies of them instead. And go on pretending the Republicans are your friends.

Then clearly you should make enemies of them instead. And go on pretending the Republicans are your friends.

LOL Oh you mean repubs welcomed the tea party with open arms?
:lmao:

The OWS people don't have any clear prescriptions for solutions. But they're protesting against many of the same problems that the Tea Party targets: Corporate welfare, crony capitalism - corporatism as a mode of governing. Despite the rhetoric of some opportunistic "leaders", I don't think the most of OWS people are genuinely opposed to free markets. I think they're upset about the growing perception that our current setup isn't a free market, that it is, instead, a rigged game. And about that, they're right.

What the Tea Party should be doing, imho, is reaching out to these people and showing them how ill-conceived government has created the problems they're protesting, and how more of the same won't change the equation.

That's not what the tea party protests! Is this what the democrats are telling you? It's not true. The tea party protests increased government control of business. Excessive taxation, excessive regulation, unaffordable entitlement programs and crippling union demands. Does this sound like the same thing to you?

Ask a tea partier if they support forgiveness of all debt see how far you get.

Garbage.

They want almost everything that we oppose and we're supposed to be their allies? How stupid is that?

We aren't pretending that the GOP is our friend. We are trying to CHANGE the GOP into real conservatives. Changing the Democrats is impossible, so we must change the GOP. WE began that process in 2010 and it's going to be a long hard fight.

Forum List

Back