The main message of christianity?

but no evidence at all of it

yea of misled faith.....

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Holy-Bible-edited

~S~

And the silence continues re any actual proof Constantine rewrote anything. lol 'lapsed Catholics' said so? ... lol
The Nicene Creed: Where it came from and why it still matters

Sorry, no verses changed in that article either, and in fact it cites them verbatim, the few it does use. It in fact agrees with what I said for the most part. The Arian fraudsters were outed and disposed of, just as they deserved to be.

I'll keep waiting on those rewritten verses; apparently despite all the noise about them nobody thought to collate and organize them, or even list them along with the 'originals' for some reason ...

Last edited:
Paul has 2000 years of his letter's being deemed "scripture" Which Jesus let happen. Briefly, you don't.

The Gospels are the scriptures; Paul's letters are part of the canon, not the Gospels. They are widely accepted as part of the orthodoxy and genuine, and were from the time he wrote and sent them. The canon is an assortment of texts considered relevant to supporting the Gospels and are histories, cultural commentaries, and the like. The vast majority of the attendees, representing all of the major churches and quite a few minor ones, were in agreement on both tossing out the Arians fraudsters and the vast majority of the books that became the somewhat mis-named 'canon'. There would have been no need for such a Council at all if it weren't for the liars, 'gnostics', and other fakes, and no need to establish a 'canon', The orthodox views were there from the first, they were by far the most widely accepted and established provenances with the churches and pastors and scribes.

For the Peanut Gallery, you will find Darrell Bock's The Missing Gospels a great intro read to this stuff; it isn't intended to argue or persuade, it merely looks at the real evidence, and what the Bauer school and the Elaine Pagels rubbish fails to answer or just ignores in order to sell the gnostic craziness.

Last edited:
"Kill all..."
Fortunately, people in those days are not the halfwits of today. In that society, if even two people were put to death in a seventy-year period, it was considered a "Bloody" Court. The punishment listed was to reinforce how vital a particular law was to people at that time for a well-ordered tribal society. Since people were not being put to death right and left, we see a society who felt obedience to these laws worked well for them, in that society, at that time.

Today, we haven't the discipline that our ancestors had in keeping those laws. So...the question should be, Which generation--ultimately--deserves the greater mockery?

Indeed. the 'rationalists' have murdered over 60 million babies, for no crime at all other than inconvenience, and this despite birth control and sex education. Maybe they should realize they aren't even remotely 'rational', just sociopaths who don't want to be restrained by such 'old fashioned notions' as adult self-control.

I had discussion with this one girl (she is nice) but said the main message of jesus contradicts "condemning" faggs or sexual deviants and that we cannot "judge" and that the main message is love thy neighbour and homosexuality is not a sin

I replied

No, one may condemn others if they do something wrong. You do not have to tolerate everything, nobody does, you do not have to do everything and even should not tolerate everything. In the Bible, anyone who opposes the laws of God is warned a few times and punished.

1.Corinthians

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife. 2 And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you.

3 For though absent in body, I am present in spirit; and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment on the one who did such a thing. 4 When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord.
[a]

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? 7 Cleanse out the old leaven that you may be a new lump, as you really are unleavened. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 8 Let us therefore celebrate the festival, not with the old leaven, the leaven of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? 13 God judges[c] those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”And the main message doesnt contradict condemning sexual immorality or sins

The main message is indeed love thy neighbour as yourself and love thy Lord with all your heart But who loves his son chastise him

Proverbs 13:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son,
but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.[a]

Proverbs 3:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
12 for the Lord reproves him whom he loves,
as a father the son in whom he delights.Also its clear homosexuality is a sin not only in the old testament (leviticus) but also in the new (romans)

Romans
God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
Yes. Paul was big on pronouncing judgement. Fortunately, he didn't have the authority to do that. Seems the arrogant hypocrite thought he could overrule Jesus's teachings, and just spout anything he wanted as if he had the authority of God. He didn't. That's a lot like our president views the constitution.

He did have the authority he was choosen by jesus as apostle and jesus gave his apostles "they keys to heaven"

Matthew 18:18

"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Also Jesus himself judged others, when he expelled the money changers from the temple

Matthew 21:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

He wasn't talking to Paul in Matthew 18:18. The only reason to believe there was ever connection between Jesus and Paul is because Paul said there was. I could make the same claim with just as much authority and evidence as he did.

Since the existence of the church paul was seen as apostle by the christians, and its written in the bible which is accepted by 99% of christians. You make ridicolous claims, you probably dont even believe in Jesus or God, you want to saw misinformation like the false prophets. What kind of cult are you if you dont believe paul was a apostle?

Matthew 7:15-20 King James Version (KJV)

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

When did anyone even see Jesus and Paul in the same place? Paul's self proclaimed authority isn't backed up by anything other than Paul's self proclaimed authority. Please show me where I am wrong.

Paul has 2000 years of his letter's being deemed "scripture" Which Jesus let happen. Briefly, you don't.

Jesus let lots of things happen. Doesn't mean Paul had the authority to change God's laws to mean the exact opposite of what Jesus taught.

Forum List

Back