The Main Issue With the 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Christopher

Aug 7, 2009
For me, I see the main issue with the 9/11 conspiracy theories is a lack of real, credible experts on the conspiracy side. Yes, ae911 has many on their list. However, this is just to be on a list to appeal Congress for more investigation, an “independent” investigation. Still, many on that list have little or zero experience in the area needed to question the investigation. For those listed on the ae911 list if they believed in the 9/11 conspiracy theories, why don’t all of them publicly say so? Why don’t they show through analysis their theories? Probably because most of them are just calling for more investigation without actually believing all the conspiracy theories postulated by many 9/11 theorists. Perhaps they are seeking for government work?

As a licensed structural engineer, I try to face the reality of the situation. The fact is there were hundreds of real experts who conducted their independent detailed investigations, who had all the access to the data and information available and who have the proper credentials. Before anyone responds to this post to provide me with more “evidence” or “proof”, I would like them to discredit the following list of actual, credible engineers in the correct field, contained here (which is only a portion of those involved in the investigation): American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)

Here is a quick list of what type of experts this list contains:

Expert in building collapse investigations…Expert in facades…Expert in structural engineering…Expert in metallurgy and connections…Expert in structural engineering…Expert in structural analysis and design…Expert in fire effects on materials…Expert in structural analysis and high-rise design…Expert in blast effects…Expert in building fire safety design and fire computer modeling…Expert in fire investigations…Expert in fire engineering…Expert in steel design and fire-structure interaction…Expert in steel design…Expert in fire engineering…Expert in fire resistance analysis…Expert in structural analysis and high-rise design…Expert in blast-resistant design…Expert in blast effects and structural design…Expert in fire protection…Expert in concrete and concrete structures…Expert in structural engineering and concrete design and construction…Expert in concrete structural and fire engineering.

The entire list contained on ae911, although they may have their own areas of expertise, could not hold a candle to the small list above which is just a portion of the team of experts involved in investigating 9/11.

Also, before anyone says “well…they are part of the government, so they are in on it”, consider this: ASCE is an independent organization made up of thousands of credible and ethical engineers in the United States. They are not a government entity; all you need to do is look at the places in which the engineers on this list work (mostly companies in the private sector). The ASCE teams were also not funded by the government either, read the last sentence before the list: “Funding for the teams is made available through the ASCE Voluntary Fund.” The NIST team also included many of the leading private engineering corporations as part of their efforts, including the original engineering firm for the towers.

Until someone can discredit the vast majority of credible engineers with applicable experience and education, the 9/11 theorists have no case. I would say the following in hopes that those who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories would listen and we could have a rational discussion:
  • I believe we should question government, yet we shouldn’t let resentment fuel our suspicions to the point of using selective reasoning.
  • I have seen lies and deception from the 9/11 conspiracy side that should be questioned just as the government should be. We shouldn’t allow deception on one side and not on the other. Look into the lies on the conspiracy side and question it to the same degree you question the government. Perhaps then people will take you seriously.
  • There are actual real issues involved with the events of 9/11, which are better discussed. Such as: how do we design buildings to protect from such events? How do we create better diplomatic solutions to resolve issues from terrorist groups? How do we have better emergency management procedures? How can we communicate better during such emergencies? For me, these are some of the real issues surrounding the events of 9/11.

They were all in on it, is all they can and will say. I loved when EOTS claimed the entire episode at the Towers and the two other flights could have been done completely with in the Government by a FEW people.

When pressed and reminded of the HUNDREDS of investigators from numerous local State, Federal and Private Industry agencies and Companies he now no longer makes that claim.

NONE of them can explain how with in less then 2 hours the Pentagon and the Pennsylvania site had all the debris and bodies there to prove the planes crashed there. None of them can explain how so many witnesses SAW the Jet that hit the Pentagon. NONE of them can explain where those two jets went to with all their passengers and crew if they did not crash where we know they crashed.

Terrel makes the asinine claim that the Pennsylvania jet landed in another airport and he claims the Washington Jet never took off. Of course he can not say where all the missing and identified DEAD people came from.

Several of them claim no calls were made so they must believe that the family members that got the calls are all IN on it.

There is little point to pointing out the idiocy of their claims, most of the true believers are MENTALLY ILL. The rest are deluded.

As for the list of people that these idiots claim believe their moronic claims, almost none of the people listed actually believe any of the troofer claims, they almost to a person have one small complaint about the Government investigation and want that small point explained.

For me, I see the main issue with the 9/11 conspiracy theories is a lack of real, credible experts on the conspiracy side. Yes, ae911 has many on their list. However, this is just to be on a list to appeal Congress for more investigation, an “independent” investigation. Still, many on that list have little or zero experience in the area needed to question the investigation. For those listed on the ae911 list if they believed in the 9/11 conspiracy theories, why don’t all of them publicly say so? Why don’t they show through analysis their theories? Probably because most of them are just calling for more investigation without actually believing all the conspiracy theories postulated by many 9/11 theorists. Perhaps they are seeking for government work?

As a licensed structural engineer, I try to face the reality of the situation. The fact is there were hundreds of real experts who conducted their independent detailed investigations, who had all the access to the data and information available and who have the proper credentials. Before anyone responds to this post to provide me with more “evidence” or “proof”, I would like them to discredit the following list of actual, credible engineers in the correct field, contained here (which is only a portion of those involved in the investigation): American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)

Expert in building collapse investigations…Expert in facades…Expert in structural engineering…Expert in metallurgy and connections…Expert in structural engineering…Expert in structural analysis and design…Expert in fire effects on materials…Expert in structural analysis and high-rise design…Expert in blast effects…Expert in building fire safety design and fire computer modeling…Expert in fire investigations…Expert in fire engineering…Expert in steel design and fire-structure interaction…Expert in steel design…Expert in fire engineering…Expert in fire resistance analysis…Expert in structural analysis and high-rise design…Expert in blast-resistant design…Expert in blast effects and structural design…Expert in fire protection…Expert in concrete and concrete structures…Expert in structural engineering and concrete design and construction…Expert in concrete structural and fire engineering.

The entire list contained on ae911, although they may have their own areas of expertise, could not hold a candle to the small list above which is just a portion of the team of experts involved in investigating 9/11.

Also, before anyone says “well…they are part of the government, so they are in on it”, consider this: ASCE is an independent organization made up of thousands of credible and ethical engineers in the United States. They are not a government entity; all you need to do is look at the places in which the engineers on this list work (mostly companies in the private sector). The ASCE teams were also not funded by the government either, read the last sentence before the list: “Funding for the teams is made available through the ASCE Voluntary Fund.” The NIST team also included many of the leading private engineering corporations as part of their efforts, including the original engineering firm for the towers.

Until someone can discredit the vast majority of credible engineers with applicable experience and education, the 9/11 theorists have no case. I would say the following in hopes that those who believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories would listen and we could have a rational discussion:

• [*]I believe we should question government, yet we shouldn’t let resentment fuel our suspicions to the point of using selective reasoning.
    [*]I have seen lies and deception from the 9/11 conspiracy side that should be questioned just as the government should be. We shouldn’t allow deception on one side and not on the other. Look into the lies on the conspiracy side and question it to the same degree you question the government. Perhaps then people will take you seriously.
  • There are actual real issues involved with the events of 9/11, which are better discussed. Such as: how do we design buildings to protect from such events? How do we create better diplomatic solutions to resolve issues from terrorist groups? How do we have better emergency management procedures? How can we communicate better during such emergencies? For me, these are some of the real issues surrounding the events of 9/11.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

from a retired civil engineer

• [*]I believe we should question government, yet we shouldn’t let resentment fuel our suspicions to the point of using selective reasoning.
    [*]I have seen lies and deception from the 9/11 conspiracy side that should be questioned just as the government should be. We shouldn’t allow deception on one side and not on the other. Look into the lies on the conspiracy side and question it to the same degree you question the government. Perhaps then people will take you seriously.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

from a retired civil engineer

I knew there was a reason I liked you. Nice to see another engineer on the forum.

They were all in on it, is all they can and will say. I loved when EOTS claimed the entire episode at the Towers and the two other flights could have been done completely with in the Government by a FEW people.

When pressed and reminded of the HUNDREDS of investigators from numerous local State, Federal and Private Industry agencies and Companies he now no longer makes that claim.

NONE of them can explain how with in less then 2 hours the Pentagon and the Pennsylvania site had all the debris and bodies there to prove the planes crashed there. None of them can explain how so many witnesses SAW the Jet that hit the Pentagon. NONE of them can explain where those two jets went to with all their passengers and crew if they did not crash where we know they crashed.

Terrel makes the asinine claim that the Pennsylvania jet landed in another airport and he claims the Washington Jet never took off. Of course he can not say where all the missing and identified DEAD people came from.

Several of them claim no calls were made so they must believe that the family members that got the calls are all IN on it.

There is little point to pointing out the idiocy of their claims, most of the true believers are MENTALLY ILL. The rest are deluded.

As for the list of people that these idiots claim believe their moronic claims, almost none of the people listed actually believe any of the troofer claims, they almost to a person have one small complaint about the Government investigation and want that small point explained.

rgs likes to lie and make up his own the positon of the person he is debating then when they corect him he claims some kind of victory...lol

• I believe we should question government, yet we shouldn’t let resentment fuel our suspicions to the point of using selective reasoning.
  • I have seen lies and deception from the 9/11 conspiracy side that should be questioned just as the government should be. We shouldn’t allow deception on one side and not on the other. Look into the lies on the conspiracy side and question it to the same degree you question the government. Perhaps then people will take you seriously.
Col. George Nelson, MBA, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former U.S. Air Force aircraft accident investigator and airplane parts authority. Graduate, U.S. Air Force War College. 34-year Air Force career.

Licensed commercial pilot. Licensed airframe and powerplant mechanic.
Essay: "In all my years of direct and indirect participation, I never witnessed nor even heard of an aircraft loss, where the wreckage was accessible, that prevented investigators from finding enough hard evidence to positively identify the make, model, and specific registration number of the aircraft -- and in most cases the precise cause of the accident. ...

The government alleges that four wide-body airliners crashed on the morning of September 11 2001, resulting in the deaths of more than 3,000 human beings, yet not one piece of hard aircraft evidence has been produced in an attempt to positively identify any of the four aircraft. On the contrary, it seems only that all potential evidence was deliberately kept hidden from public view. …

With all the evidence readily available at the Pentagon crash site, any unbiased rational investigator could only conclude that a Boeing 757 did not fly into the Pentagon as alleged. Similarly, with all the evidence available at the Pennsylvania crash site, it was most doubtful that a passenger airliner caused the obvious hole in the ground and certainly not the Boeing 757 as alleged. …

As painful and heartbreaking as was the loss of innocent lives and the lingering health problems of thousands more, a most troublesome and nightmarish probability remains that so many Americans appear to be involved in the most heinous conspiracy in our country's history." Physics911, by Scientific Panel Investigating Nine-Eleven, 9/11/2001

Lt. Col. Jeff Latas, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former combat fighter pilot. Aerospace engineer. Currently Captain at a major airline. Combat experience includes Desert Storm and four tours of duty in Northern and Southern Watch. Aircraft flown: McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle and General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark fighter/bomber. Former President, U.S. Air Force Accident Investigation Board. Also served as Pentagon Weapons Requirement Officer and as a member of the Pentagon's Quadrennial Defense Review. Awarded Distinguish Flying Cross for Heroism, four Air Medals, four Meritorious Service Medals, and nine Aerial Achievement Medals. 20-year Air Force career.
Audio interview with Rob Balsamo 6/25/07: Regarding the 9/11 Commission's account of the impact of Flight 77 at the Pentagon and discrepancies with the actual Flight Data Recorder information:

"After I did my own analysis of it, it's obvious that there's discrepancies between the two stories; between the 9/11 Commission and the flight data recorder information. And I think that's where we really need to focus a lot of our attention to get the help that we need in order to put pressure on government agencies to actually do a real investigation of 9/11. And not just from a security standpoint, but from even an aviation standpoint, like any accident investigation would actually help the aviators out by finding reasons for things happening. ...

The things that really got my attention were the amount of descent rate that you had to have at the end of the flight, of Flight 77, that would have made it practically impossible to hit the light poles. [Editor's note: Destruction of the light poles near the Pentagon by Flight 77 was stated in the 9/11 Commission Report.] Essentially it would have been too high at that point to the point of impact where the main body of the airplane was hitting between the first and second floor of the Pentagon. ...

You know, I'd ride my bike to the Pentagon. So, you know I'm a little bit familiar with that area. [Editor's note: Lt. Col. Latas served as a Weapons Requirement Officer at the Pentagon.] But, you know, that kind of descent rate it would have been impossible essentially for the results that we see physically from what the flight data recorder was recording. Like I say, that's an area that I think deserves explanation. ...

The ground track [the path of the airplane] is off from the 9/11 Commission. There are several things that can be brought up but it's been a while since I've seen the film and looked at the flight data recorder. And I can't think of all the discrepancies I saw, but there are several there. [The film he refers to is Pandora's Black Box, Chapter 2, Flight of American 77.] ...

And I think that we Americans need to demand further investigation just to clarify the discrepancies that you've [Pilots for 9/11 Truth] found. And I think that we need to be getting on the phone with our Congressmen and women and letting them know that we don't accept the excuses that we're hearing now, that we want true investigators to do a true investigation." Google Videos

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report

OpEdNews - Article: Former Chief of NIST's Fire Science Division Calls for Independent Review of World Trade Center Investigation

eots we discussed this before, with you and clownlite and 911inside and the rest.
Start a non-profit, collect donations, hire an independent investigator and have a the investigation.
I throw in the first hundred bucks, to a legally formed non-profit org to do so.
There is nothing stopping you, and all the groups that have formed around 911 conspiracies. There seems to be no movement to do so, even after 8 years or so. The only reason I can think of for these groups of patriotic truthers not to do so is that they are not interested.

When a reputable group like popular mechanics did so, you guys all rejected it, and continue to do so.

If the only report that will satisfy you is one of your own choosing, why not gather a few bucks from all the 'patriotic questioners' and have one done?

eots we discussed this before, with you and clownlite and 911inside and the rest.
Start a non-profit, collect donations, hire an independent investigator and have a the investigation.
I throw in the first hundred bucks, to a legally formed non-profit org to do so.
There is nothing stopping you, and all the groups that have formed around 911 conspiracies. There seems to be no movement to do so, even after 8 years or so. The only reason I can think of for these groups of patriotic truthers not to do so is that they are not interested.

When a reputable group like popular mechanics did so, you guys all rejected it, and continue to do so.

If the only report that will satisfy you is one of your own choosing, why not gather a few bucks from all the 'patriotic questioners' and have one done?
no accurate report will ever be accepted by these morons

popular mechanics ?..these poor deluded fools don't know the difference between a magazine article and an scientific and criminal investigation

popular mechanics ?..these poor deluded fools don't know the difference between a magazine article and an scientific and criminal investigation
clearly you are projecting your own failures

Like what exactly is that supposed to mean ?..it is stupid ..pointless.. are you somehow trying to claim popular mechanics did a scientific investigation of 9/11 ? or just trying to avoid he question all together

Like what exactly is that supposed to mean ?..it is stupid ..pointless.. are you somehow trying to claim popular mechanics did a scientific investigation of 9/11 ? or just trying to avoid he question all together
yes, they did, dipshit
they are a well respected(except in the moronic delusional troofer movement) magazine
as we as the history channel, discovery channel Etc are respected scientific researchers

you remain a delusional fuckwad that is in fear of his own elected government

yes, they did, dipshit
they are a well respected(except in the moronic delusional troofer movement) magazine
as we as the history channel, discovery channel Etc are respected scientific researchers

So then you are claiming the t.v programs and magazine articles are equal to scientific and criminal investigations and that the producers of the history channel or discovery are respected scientific researchers ??...what a simpleton

yes, they did, dipshit

So then you are claiming the t.v programs and magazine articles are equal to scientific and criminal investigations and that the producers of the history channel or discovery are respected scientific researchers ??...what a simpleton
more so than YOU could ever be

btw, see why it is a waste to give you MORE than a 5 word response?

Col. George Nelson, MBA, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former U.S. Air Force aircraft accident investigator and airplane parts authority. Graduate, U.S. Air Force War College. 34-year Air Force career.

Licensed commercial pilot. Licensed airframe and powerplant mechanic.
Essay: "In all my years of direct and indirect participation, I never witnessed nor even heard of an aircraft loss, where the wreckage was accessible, that prevented investigators from finding enough hard evidence to positively identify the make, model, and specific registration number of the aircraft -- and in most cases the precise cause of the accident. ...

The government alleges that four wide-body airliners crashed on the morning of September 11 2001, resulting in the deaths of more than 3,000 human beings, yet not one piece of hard aircraft evidence has been produced in an attempt to positively identify any of the four aircraft. On the contrary, it seems only that all potential evidence was deliberately kept hidden from public view. …

With all the evidence readily available at the Pentagon crash site, any unbiased rational investigator could only conclude that a Boeing 757 did not fly into the Pentagon as alleged. Similarly, with all the evidence available at the Pennsylvania crash site, it was most doubtful that a passenger airliner caused the obvious hole in the ground and certainly not the Boeing 757 as alleged. …

As painful and heartbreaking as was the loss of innocent lives and the lingering health problems of thousands more, a most troublesome and nightmarish probability remains that so many Americans appear to be involved in the most heinous conspiracy in our country's history." Physics911, by Scientific Panel Investigating Nine-Eleven, 9/11/2001

Lt. Col. Jeff Latas, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former combat fighter pilot. Aerospace engineer. Currently Captain at a major airline. Combat experience includes Desert Storm and four tours of duty in Northern and Southern Watch. Aircraft flown: McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle and General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark fighter/bomber. Former President, U.S. Air Force Accident Investigation Board. Also served as Pentagon Weapons Requirement Officer and as a member of the Pentagon's Quadrennial Defense Review. Awarded Distinguish Flying Cross for Heroism, four Air Medals, four Meritorious Service Medals, and nine Aerial Achievement Medals. 20-year Air Force career.
Audio interview with Rob Balsamo 6/25/07: Regarding the 9/11 Commission's account of the impact of Flight 77 at the Pentagon and discrepancies with the actual Flight Data Recorder information:

"After I did my own analysis of it, it's obvious that there's discrepancies between the two stories; between the 9/11 Commission and the flight data recorder information. And I think that's where we really need to focus a lot of our attention to get the help that we need in order to put pressure on government agencies to actually do a real investigation of 9/11. And not just from a security standpoint, but from even an aviation standpoint, like any accident investigation would actually help the aviators out by finding reasons for things happening. ...

The things that really got my attention were the amount of descent rate that you had to have at the end of the flight, of Flight 77, that would have made it practically impossible to hit the light poles. [Editor's note: Destruction of the light poles near the Pentagon by Flight 77 was stated in the 9/11 Commission Report.] Essentially it would have been too high at that point to the point of impact where the main body of the airplane was hitting between the first and second floor of the Pentagon. ...

You know, I'd ride my bike to the Pentagon. So, you know I'm a little bit familiar with that area. [Editor's note: Lt. Col. Latas served as a Weapons Requirement Officer at the Pentagon.] But, you know, that kind of descent rate it would have been impossible essentially for the results that we see physically from what the flight data recorder was recording. Like I say, that's an area that I think deserves explanation. ...

The ground track [the path of the airplane] is off from the 9/11 Commission. There are several things that can be brought up but it's been a while since I've seen the film and looked at the flight data recorder. And I can't think of all the discrepancies I saw, but there are several there. [The film he refers to is Pandora's Black Box, Chapter 2, Flight of American 77.] ...

And I think that we Americans need to demand further investigation just to clarify the discrepancies that you've [Pilots for 9/11 Truth] found. And I think that we need to be getting on the phone with our Congressmen and women and letting them know that we don't accept the excuses that we're hearing now, that we want true investigators to do a true investigation." Google Videos

Patriots Question 9/11 - Responsible Criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report

OpEdNews - Article: Former Chief of NIST's Fire Science Division Calls for Independent Review of World Trade Center Investigation

So, the people you provided here are comparable in applicable experience to the list I provided? Not even close.

I have already seen the patroitsquestion911 site as well, it is just many of the same people listed on the ae911 site. After looking through it again, I do not believe we should take any group seriously that thinks that electrical, environmental, agricultural, computer systems, and software engineers are qualified to provide analysis of the structural failure of the towers.

Eeeee----xactly! You guys won't trust it unless you do it yourselves.

Still, what about addressing the fact that to date, the twoofers can't get the money together to have an independent investigation done. That tells me that either the money generated by these .orgs is going someplace else, or that the investigation isn't really wanted.

New Topics

Forum List

Back