The "Mafia" and "La Cosa Nostra"

justinacolmena

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2017
alaska, usa
The FBI needs to clean up its act and learn proper Italian. I mean, I don't even speak Italian, but this is really, really bad.

The "mafia" is a contemptuous term for a lower class of people -- "the mob" -- scarcely worthy of capitalization. It implies continuing discrimination against poor Italian immigrants and their descendants and families. An "org chart"
Mafia Org Chart — FBI
for a supposedly disorganized, lower-class group of people. I'm not even bothering to look at it because the site is so slow to load, but I can tell you right now there is some sort of "boss" at the top with "security" or a bodyguard or a "consigliere" by his side -- just like the boss of anything substantial, whether legal or illegal, and some sort of hierarchy under the "boss."

"La Cosa Nostra" History of La Cosa Nostra — FBI is even worse. Literally, this "thing of ours." I mean, come on, some "thing" that is "ours" and not "theirs." That's all that it means. We really do need to be more specific than that if we are going to fight crime.

But as usual with government double-speak History of La Cosa Nostra — FBI "La Cosa Nostra" is a symptom of a worse problem: "things" are illegal. That is, the mere possession of something is illegal. Cops got a warrant, they barge in, they find some thing they don't like, and they can charge it as a crime right away. Justice is not supposed to be that quick and easy. We've heard about two necessary elements of a crime, mens rea and actus reus. Take "possession with intent to distribute" in regards to some controlled substance, for instance. There is a certain mens rea to this, but there is no actus reus! We're charging a thing, and not an act, as a crime! This is fundamentally wrong, and precisely where we went wrong on the war on drugs and guns and copyrighted computer files.

Hoover was ignored when he tried this line. Maybe you will have better luck.

the Italian Mafia has been in decline for years being replaced by the much more violent Russian Mafia and the even more violent MS-13.

• Banned
It's like somebody was hanged by a lynch mob, and Congress is in a fervor to regulate rope sales, and demand that all kinds of rope are registered and metered by the foot.

• Banned

the Italian Mafia has been in decline for years being replaced by the much more violent Russian Mafia and the even more violent MS-13.

It doesn't matter what it is. You need to be specific about the specific criminal act that a specific person is alleged to have committed. We have too many gangs and too much guilt by association.

It doesn't matter what it is. You need to be specific about the specific criminal act that a specific person is alleged to have committed. We have too many gangs and too much guilt by association.
Well then, don't associate.........

• Banned

It's too vague a thing not to "associate" with in some way or another.

When I do a search online for "mafia" or "la cosa nostra," I find some page put up by some prominent Italian family who is "on the right side of the law" feuding with some other prominent family who is "mafia" -- that is, really low-class. Except they are talking too much. It's the FBI and DOJ themselves asserting the code of Omertà. Sort of like it's "classified" but not really. It's just that they want to present the image of a "Mob boss" in a certain way in court or at the movies -- you know, those FBI warnings at the start of every movie -- and to talk about these things in a way that does not correspond to how they want to present them in court is a violation of Omertà.

The "mafia" is "the masses" or "the mass" of classless folk -- the same multitudes on whom Jesus had compassion and fed so many with five loaves and two fishes. Certainly there are robbers and murderers and all sorts of criminals among them.

Too much emphasis on "family" is a "mob" thing that comes from North Korea, which has shady connections to the U.S. movie industry and pop culture, e.g., Rodney King, if you play basketball.

It's too vague a thing not to "associate" with in some way or another.

When I do a search online for "mafia" or "la cosa nostra," I find some page put up by some prominent Italian family who is "on the right side of the law" feuding with some other prominent family who is "mafia" -- that is, really low-class. Except they are talking too much. It's the FBI and DOJ themselves asserting the code of Omertà. Sort of like it's "classified" but not really. It's just that they want to present the image of a "Mob boss" in a certain way in court or at the movies -- you know, those FBI warnings at the start of every movie -- and to talk about these things in a way that does not correspond to how they want to present them in court is a violation of Omertà.

The "mafia" is "the masses" or "the mass" of classless folk -- the same multitudes on whom Jesus had compassion and fed so many with five loaves and two fishes. Certainly there are robbers and murderers and all sorts of criminals among them.

Too much emphasis on "family" is a "mob" thing that comes from North Korea, which has shady connections to the U.S. movie industry and pop culture, e.g., Rodney King, if you play basketball.
You completely missed my point........

Besides, now it appears you may need psychotropic medications.

• Banned

That really is the height of hypocrisy. Think about it. Some top secret three-letter government agency trying to bring some doctor on board and prescribe "psychotropic medications." The whole thing is just too absurd. Like the JFK assassination. JFK was supposed to be the "strong man" of the family, while his sister Rosemary was mentally disabled and had to be brutally lobotomized under a totally false pretext of "medicine." She had part of her brain scooped out with a spatula and destroyed through an incision cut in her skull while she was AWAKE. Oops, something went terribly wrong with the surgery. That's not what they "meant" to do...

And right away after JFK's shooting, the assassin was shot by another man, who apparently went to prison for that deed, and then JFK's successor, LBJ, immediately shoved an already prepared Gun Control Act of 1968 through Congress to ban guns. Meanwhile the Secret Service is obviously infiltrated by North Korea, which has been counterfeiting $100 U.S. "superbills" all along with stolen "intaglio" presses, the special ink and paper, and all that paraphernalia. FBI as well is beholden to that scheme, of course.

And that's almost the first question they ask at a mental evaluation at any psychiatric hospital: "Who's the president?" -- I mean, okay, sure, let's just put that thought in the mind of a mental patient who doesn't have it already. So guns are banned because Secret Service, FBI, DOJ, and all that bullshit.

That really is the height of hypocrisy. Think about it. Some top secret three-letter government agency trying to bring some doctor on board and prescribe "psychotropic medications." The whole thing is just too absurd. Like the JFK assassination. JFK was supposed to be the "strong man" of the family, while his sister Rosemary was mentally disabled and had to be brutally lobotomized under a totally false pretext of "medicine." She had part of her brain scooped out with a spatula and destroyed through an incision cut in her skull while she was AWAKE. Oops, something went terribly wrong with the surgery. That's not what they "meant" to do...

And right away after JFK's shooting, the assassin was shot by another man, who apparently went to prison for that deed, and then JFK's successor, LBJ, immediately shoved an already prepared Gun Control Act of 1968 through Congress to ban guns. Meanwhile the Secret Service is obviously infiltrated by North Korea, which has been counterfeiting $100 U.S. "superbills" all along with stolen "intaglio" presses, the special ink and paper, and all that paraphernalia. FBI as well is beholden to that scheme, of course.

And that's almost the first question they ask at a mental evaluation at any psychiatric hospital: "Who's the president?" -- I mean, okay, sure, let's just put that thought in the mind of a mental patient who doesn't have it already. So guns are banned because Secret Service, FBI, DOJ, and all that bullshit.
Does the day nurse know you're using her computer?

Forum List

Back