The madness that is Republican

or the fact that our credit rating will be lowered, which will discourage countries like China from buying US government securities.

Or selling them. The whole default thing is a canard anyway. Government will still get 60% of its budget from ongoing tax collections. If it were catastrophic to not pay our debt, wouldn't we continue to pay our debt out of the 60% we're still getting? Just a thought...

we pay our debt by other countries investing in government securities, which pay very low interest, but are extremely safe. Why? because the US government has never defaulted. Once you default, these investors will never again be so confident.

I'm good with you responding to my posts. In fact I appreciate it. But could you do me a favor and read them...

True. They know where the real power lies, and it’s not in the House.

If that's the case, then we know who to blame when the government defaults, don't we?

The irony, of course, is conservatives whine about the government being ‘too big’ yet say noting about the inordinate size of and power of the Executive, in conflict with the Framers’ original intent. The right loves the Imperial Presidency, the ability to rule unchecked, to issue EOs and signing statements, to effect policy without Congressional oversight, and appoint judges and justices to the courts. .

Libtards are the ones who worship the executive branch, and they are the ones who are always trying to give mo powers.

They attack Obama for doing exactly what GWB did, and what a future republican president will certainly do.

Bush refused to sign an increase in the debt limit until Democrats agreed to increase taxes?

I didn't know that.

As noted: for the GOP it’s not about what’s best for the Nation, it’s about the acquisition and retention of power.

ROFL! Libtard posts are always so ironic!

waaaaaaaaa, those pesky Republicans are getting in the way of giving our beloved Obama and his comrades in arms, MORE TRILLIONS TO WASTE before he leaves office. Hell, TWO TRILLION wasn't enough in just THREE YEARS.

And they want to PREVENT him raising TAXES on people to pay for his spending spree...oh those DAMN REPUBLICANS. they are meanies

I'm so happy for you, Steph. For all of you right wingers. Maybe this country will go right down the tubes thanks to the leaders of your party. That's what you wanted, right??? Maybe you'll get your wish!!!

Obama is the one ready to veto Congressionally approved measures to extend the debt ceiling. The Democrat controlled Senate, stop one before it could get to the President. That is a fact.

waaaaaaaaa, those pesky Republicans are getting in the way of giving our beloved Obama and his comrades in arms, MORE TRILLIONS TO WASTE before he leaves office. Hell, TWO TRILLION wasn't enough in just THREE YEARS.

And they want to PREVENT him raising TAXES on people to pay for his spending spree...oh those DAMN REPUBLICANS. they are meanies

I'm so happy for you, Steph. For all of you right wingers. Maybe this country will go right down the tubes thanks to the leaders of your party. That's what you wanted, right??? Maybe you'll get your wish!!!

my my, were you BITCHING ABOUT THAT when your HERO the Obama spent over 2trillion dollars in JUST THREE YEARS.
so if our country goes down, BLAME HIM.
You all can't keep SUCKING the money from TAXPAYERS...we are all BROKE.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

my my, were you BITCHING ABOUT THAT when your HERO the Obama spent over 2trillion dollars in JUST THREE YEARS.

If you went back to the archives, how many quotes do you think there would be from our liberal friends who yawn at endless $1.5 trillion Obama deficits who were hysterical Bush was mortgaging our children's future with $200-$300 billion deficits? And they'll see this and not even blush. For whatever reason the good Lord made the liberal gene inactivate the gene that makes one recognize their own hypocrisy. I guess if they could see it, they couldn't be liberals so it sort of had to be.

But we’ve now reached the point at which routine housekeeping, which didn’t even give conservative Republicans a second thought as recently as 2008, is considered beyond the pale. This is madness

What is madness is when we have a projected deficit of 1.4 TRILLION dollars Republicans only propose $100 BILLION in cuts. I am disgusted with them. But as for your point, once again you show yourself to be the ignorant fool that you are. Every time the debt goes up fiscal conservatives squawk. There is nothing new about this, just as there is nothing new about your ignorance on this or any other subject.

BTW, I took you off my ignore list, but if you start PMing me again you're back on, you useless bitch. As I told you in my last PM before I shut you off I'm not here to have private conversations with dim wits. You want to insult me, nsult me in public. I'm not interested in a private conversation with you
I have never initiated a PM to you. I once replied to your neg rep. You are the one that PMed me out of the blue to insult me.

I have no problem with you putting me on ignore, liar.

But we’ve now reached the point at which routine housekeeping, which didn’t even give conservative Republicans a second thought as recently as 2008, is considered beyond the pale. This is madness

What is madness is when we have a projected deficit of 1.4 TRILLION dollars Republicans only propose $100 BILLION in cuts. I am disgusted with them. But as for your point, once again you show yourself to be the ignorant fool that you are. Every time the debt goes up fiscal conservatives squawk. There is nothing new about this, just as there is nothing new about your ignorance on this or any other subject.

BTW, I took you off my ignore list, but if you start PMing me again you're back on, you useless bitch. As I told you in my last PM before I shut you off I'm not here to have private conversations with dim wits. You want to insult me, nsult me in public. I'm not interested in a private conversation with you
I have never initiated a PM to you. I once replied to your neg rep. You are the one that PMed me out of the blue to insult me.

You're definitely strongly against having to do a drug test for your welfare check, aren't you? You started this whole negative rep thing with me and you can't even follow the conversation. In the future, I will assume every post or message I get from you is independent since you have no long term memory. Hence your opposition to drug testing for welfare...

This whole thing will end with a bill remarkably like the one just rejected by Senate long about August 2nd. Then the Senate and President can decide how, "for the country over politics" they really are.

why would you tell lies about Ravi?

i'm pretty sure she wouldn't waste her time pm'ing you. are you another loon who can't tell the difference between a rep comment and a pm or profile page comment?

just wondering...

pretty much what i figured.... what a nutter.

What kind of nonsensical numbers are you throwing around?

The federal budget under Bush in 2008, for one year, was 3 trillion.

Wow, I'm hurt. She said she was going to neg rep me in a post, so I neg repped her. I have only done that twice, I don't neg rep people for making arguments I disagree with. Only for acting like the bitch Ravi did. She sent me a note specifically about the neg rep. I replied to that she wanted to go that route, not me. Then she replied she didn't know I'd neg repped her. That was when I stopped responding to the bitch. Believe what you want, but since you asked that's the story.

This statement has been shared a few time, not to single SI Modo out but to use his post as an example.

It is not that the dysfunctional cycle should continue, but the outrage being expressed at the suggestion that the debt ceiling should be raised again is quite hypocritical.
And, if true, is that reason to continue being reckless/dysfunctional/insane, now?

Is that your point?

You don't see not raising the debt ceiling and instantly cutting $1.5 trillion in spending in a fragile economy as reckless/dysfunctional/insane?

Republicans have managed to entrench themselves around an insanely incongruous set of positions,

a. we can't have any tax increase of any sort because it would be a job killer, and,

b. we have to have massive cuts in federal spending.

The insanity is, of course, that tens of thousands of Americans in both the public and private sector will have to LOSE THEIR JOBS if massive cuts are made.

i'm pretty sure she wouldn't waste her time pm'ing you. are you another loon who can't tell the difference between a rep comment and a pm or profile page comment?

just wondering...
It has always been my rule to only exchange PMs with people I like. If someone negs me, I sometimes respond but I have never initiated a negative PM.

Not counting neg reps, of course....but those aren't PMs.

There's no point, IMO.

just wondering...
It has always been my rule to only exchange PMs with people I like. If someone negs me, I sometimes respond but I have never initiated a negative PM.

Not counting neg reps, of course....but those aren't PMs.

There's no point, IMO.

I know. And that's pretty much what i figured.

eh... no surprises.

Republicans have managed to entrench themselves around an insanely incongruous set of positions,

a. we can't have any tax increase of any sort because it would be a job killer, and,

b. we have to have massive cuts in federal spending.

The insanity is, of course, that tens of thousands of Americans in both the public and private sector will have to LOSE THEIR JOBS if massive cuts are made.

The taxpayers don't care if a bunch of tics lose their jobs. There's nothing a bit "incongruous" about that. No one in the private sector will lose his ob as a result of government cutbacks. Precisely the opposite is the case.

Wow, I'm hurt. She said she was going to neg rep me in a post, so I neg repped her. I have only done that twice, I don't neg rep people for making arguments I disagree with. Only for acting like the bitch Ravi did. She sent me a note specifically about the neg rep. I replied to that she wanted to go that route, not me. Then she replied she didn't know I'd neg repped her. That was when I stopped responding to the bitch. Believe what you want, but since you asked that's the story.

if she were on ignore, you couldn't have negged her.

and she didn't initiate any contact with you. so perhaps you'll think before you lie next time. and if you don't want a response, don't neg people.

and a lesson in honesty might be a good thing for you.

No one does "putting party before country" better than contemporary republicans :razz: :clap2:

with these guys yes i agree......but unless you tell me the Dems are not the same way with the things they want.....then i will have to say....they have you well trained....

Since 1939, Congress has raised the debt limit 89 times. That’s not a typo. The issue has come up 89 times, and in 89 instances, Congress passed a clean bill. In fact, in two-thirds of these instances, there was a Republican president, and no one ever used the vote as leverage for a reward.

During the Bush presidency, Republicans raised the debt ceiling, without strings or preconditions, seven times. The current GOP leadership in Washington has voted to raise the debt limit 19 times. Bush’s former budget director said this “ought to be treated as the housekeeping matter it is.”

But we’ve now reached the point at which routine housekeeping, which didn’t even give conservative Republicans a second thought as recently as 2008, is considered beyond the pale. This is madness.

Political Animal - The easiest, most effective way to resolve the crisis

Agreed. There wasn't a peep from them for 6 years, when they were in the majority & had the Presidency, w/ two HUGELY expensive, UNPAID-FOR wars. Why's that? :eusa_eh: :eusa_shhh: :lol:

if she were on ignore, you couldn't have negged her.

and she didn't initiate any contact with you. so perhaps you'll think before you lie next time. and if you don't want a response, don't neg people.

and a lesson in honesty might be a good thing for you.

What's really going on here is that he's whining because I negged him.

:lol:

Forum List

Back