The lynch-mob mentality

And back to the point of the Original Post and opinion piece, group-think, especially when used to marginalize another group, race, nationality, or religion because it doesn't fit "majority" opinion is unacceptable...

SO WHAT ! ! !

Just because a group believes something does not make it so; Logical fallacy: Argumentum ad populum - appeal to popularity/bandwagon - everybody is doing it!

1 : loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups

In my opinion, not a particularlyly good thing in view of what these sorts do, which takes us back to Orwell...

So what? So you were wrong it's not only my opinion but an opinion shared by hundreds of millions.

Tell me are you a practitioner of faith? If so, which faith?

That may we be your definition of what a nationalist is, but I've already given you my thoughts, which isn't too far off from Merriam-Webster's definition.

I got my definition of nationalism from Merriam-Webster's here: Nationalism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Just because an OPINION is shared by "hundreds of millions" does NOT make an OPINION into a fact.

Whether I am or am not of some "faith" is not what this is about, but if it was "faith" then it would be based on some subjective opinion, NOT fact!

And I am not wrong, you are!

Once again you're wrong. I have never said my opinion was fact, I merely said my opinion was shared by millions of others. And in reading both definitions, nationalist and nationalism, I see nothing wrong with it as long as it's coupled with individualism. You're right about one thing, your faith or lack thereof has nothing to do with the discussion, I was simply curious.

Are you feeling threatened here? Your response is awfully "personal."

Threatened? That you inundate this board with mindless, partisan rhetoric? Only in a bandwidth sort of way.:lol:

Apparently you didn't read the piece. It certainly was not "partisan" but then, why would one with your mindset be bothered with something as insignificant as the truth!

HEY! ya stankin dumb ass slug trailin political whorin hack!!!!!! Gunny don't have to "read" yo stupid O-n-P to know what your bandwidth abuzin keyboard has to offer. Who's message board and who's rulz do you think this is twit tits!!! Don't you EVER back talk Gunny again. If he says your stupid OP is partizan then so be IT!!!! Now carry on like notnin happened. Move along..there is nothing to see here.

Forum List

Back