The Low-Information Voter: All They Know Is That They're Angry & Its All Obamas Fault

No, this is not what I'm doing. A "regular person" doesn't just get livid with NOTHING factual or reasonable backing it up. If this is what a "regular person" in America is today. We got some MAJOR problems.

These people are drunk on FOXNews, and FOXNews has PURPOSELY fed them a steady diet of lies and propoganda. These people are people who already leaned a certain way, and what FNN has done is spread the sickness from those with absolutely no sense to those with a little bit of sense to those with some sense...all on the right.

I don't appreciate you suggesting that I outright have something against "regular people," the facts just doesn't bear that out.

Edit:
Oh, and to suggest that Rachel Maddow's interview style is somehow..."abrasive" I think that's near laughable. I'd like to know what and how you define abrasive, also, what examples do you have on her being such as well. You want to know whats abrasive, or who...Bill O'Reilly...that's abrasive if I ever seen it.

Provide a list of the alleged lies and propaganda that Fox News spreads.

Obama Rips Fox News Over Madrassa Story - News Story - WCVB Boston

That's it? Steve Doocey a guy whose job it is to give opinions.

By the way, what part of "list" did you not understand?

Did Rachel's questions show the ignorance of the low information voters or did they not?

LOL. No they didnt you partisan hack. They showed she is willing to lie in order to promote her agenda.

Did Rachel's questions show the ignorance of the low information voters or did they not?

No, they showed what a hack she is. Like I said, there's a reason she has about a 1 share.
*Pulling out my pad and pen and writting..."Hawk and Soggy both believe that people who are wrong and/or ignorant on an issue yet have a strong opinion on it that is wrong are not really ignorant or showing their ignorance."

OK...noted.

thumbs-up-low-res.jpg

Here's the thing: these people are 100% correct when they rage about what is happening to them. The Big Lie propaganda machine has fed them bullshit about how government caused their problems, and Big Business will make these problems all go away if only voters will push government away/disempower Washington. The average nurse, teacher or truck driver is not an economist and these people are not good at sifting information when in a panic because no human is.

It is unfair to complain that the Big Lie propaganda campaign has worked. Of course it has worked. What we need to be attacking instead are the rich bastards (and nations) responsibile for the Big Lie Machine, not our fellow Americans who have been seduced/bullied into buying it.

As for Rachel Maddow....the woman screams at the audience on her show, at least the few times I have watched it. Seems to me that all the newscasters are doing this now, to one degree or another (Anderson Cooper just gets all misty-eyed). Pardon me, but that is emotional manipulation, not news, and would/should make a real journalist cringe.

I miss Walter Chronkite, Marc.

the American people

want somebody to articulate their

rage for them. I've been telling

you people since I took this job

six months ago that I want angry

shows. I don't want conventional

programming on this network. I

want counter-culture. I want

anti-establishment.

She closes the door.

DIANA

Now, I don't want to play butch

boss with you people. But when

I took over this department,

it had the worst programming

record in television history.

This network hasn't one show in

the top twenty. This network is

an industry joke. We better

start putting together one winner

for next September. I want a

show developed, based on the

activities of a terrorist group.

Joseph Stalin and his merry band

of Bolsheviks. I want ideas from

you people. And, by the way,

the next time I send an audience

research report around, you all

better read it, or I'll sack the

fucking lot of you, is that

clear?

(apparently, it is.

Network

HOWARD (ON MONITOR)

I don't have to tell you things

are bad. Everybody knows things

are bad. It's a depression.

Everybody's out of work or scared

of losing their job, the dollar

buys a nickel's worth, banks are

going bust, shopkeepers keep a

gun under the counter, punks

are running wild in the streets,

and there's nobody anywhere who

seems to know what to do, and

there's no end to it. We know

the air's unfit to breathe and

our food is unfit to eat, and

we sit and watch our tee-vees

while some local newscaster

tells us today we had fifteen

homicides and sixty-three

violent crimes, as if that's

the way it's supposed to be.

We all know things are bad.

Worse than bad. They're crazy.

It's like everything's going

crazy. So we don't go out any

more. We sit in the house, and

slowly the world we live in

gets smaller, and all we ask is

please, at least leave us alone

in our own living rooms. Let me

have my toaster and my tee-vee

and my hair-dryer and my steel-

belted radials, and I won't say

anything, just leave us alone.

Well, I'm not going to leave you

alone. I want you to get mad --

ANOTHER ANGLE showing the rapt attention of the PEOPLE

in the control room, especially of DIANA --

HOWARD

I don't want you to riot. I

don't want you to protest. I

don't want you to write your

congressmen. Because I wouldn't

know what to tell you to write.

I don't know what to do about the

depression and the inflation and

the defense budget and the Russians

and crime in the street. All

I know is first you got to get

mad. You've got to say: "I'm

mad as hell and I'm not going

to take this any more. I'm a

human being, goddammit. My life

has value." So I want you to

get up now. I want you to get

out of your chairs and go to

the window. Right now. I want

you to go to the window, open

it, and stick your head out

and yell. I want you to yell:

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not

going to take this any more!"

DIANA

(grabs HUNTER's

shoulder)

How many stations does this

go out live to?

HUNTER

Sixty-seven. I know it goes out

to Atlanta and Louisville,

I think --

HOWARD (ON MONITOR)

-- Get up from your chairs.

Go to the window. Open it.

Stick your head out and yell

and keep yelling --

But DIANA has already left the control room and is

scurrying down --

100. INT. CORRIDOR

-- yanking doors open, looking for a phone, which

she finds in --

101. INT. AN OFFICE

DIANA

(seizing the phone)

Give me Stations Relations --

(the call goes through)

Herb, this is Diana Christenson,

are you watching because I want

you to call every affiliate

carrying this live --

I'll be right up --

102. INT. ELEVATOR AREA - FIFTEENTH FLOOR

DIANA bursts out of the just-arrived elevator and

strides down to where a clot of EXECUTIVES and OFFICE

PERSONNEL are blocking an open doorway. DIANA pushes

through to --

103. INT. THACKERAY'S OFFICE - STATIONS RELATIONS

HERB THACKERAY on the phone, staring up at HOWARD

BEALE on his wall monitor --

HOWARD (ON MONITOR)

-- First, you have to get mad.

When you're mad enough --

Both THACKERAY'S SECRETARY's office and his own office

are filled with his STAFF. The Assistant VP Station

Relations, a 32-year-old fellow named RAY PITOFSKY,

is at the SECRETARY's desk, also on the phone. Another

ASSISTANT VP is standing behind him on the SECRETARY's

other phone --

DIANA

(shouting to THACKERAY)

Whom are you talking to?

THACKERAY

WCGG, Atlanta --

DIANA

Are they yelling in Atlanta,

Herb?

HOWARD (ON CONSOLE)

-- we'll figure out what to do

about the depression --

THACKERAY

(on phone)

Are they yelling in Atlanta,

Ted?

104. INT. GENERAL MANAGER'S OFFICE - UBS AFFILIATE - ATLANTA

The GENERAL MANAGER of WCGG, Atlanta, a portly

58-year-old man, is standing by the open windows of his

office, staring out into the gathering dusk, holding

his phone. The station is located in an Atlanta

suburb, but from far off across the foliage

surrounding the station, there can be heard a faint

RUMBLE. On his office console, HOWARD BEALE is

saying --

HOWARD (ON CONSOLE)

-- and the inflation and the oil

crisis --

GENERAL MANAGER

(into phone)

Herb, s0 help me, I think they're

yelling --

LOL. No they didnt you partisan hack. They showed she is willing to lie in order to promote her agenda.

No, they showed what a hack she is. Like I said, there's a reason she has about a 1 share.
*Pulling out my pad and pen and writting..."Hawk and Soggy both believe that people who are wrong and/or ignorant on an issue yet have a strong opinion on it that is wrong are not really ignorant or showing their ignorance."

OK...noted.

thumbs-up-low-res.jpg

No, what I said was that Rachel Maddow is a partisan hack parading as a journalist for willing left wing dupes like yourself.

Pay attention.

There was a time, believe it or not, when TV news departments had no duty to be profitable. The general feeling was, the channels owed the public quality news coverage and that these departments would always be money pits.

Of course, that's long gone. Now local news is all "if it bleeds, it leads" and national news seems to be a race to the bottom, led by Fox. Staying informed is only 50% gathering information....the other 50% is tossing out bullshit masquarading as data. Not everyone can spend 5 hours a day just sifting the fucking "news" for truth.

Madeline, I don't think you have a clue of who or what Rachel Maddow is about. You're so off on her its not funny. If she "screams" at her audience as you put it, I think it would be rather easy for you to produce 3, 2 or at least 1 YouTube video evidencing this. In this day and age of media saturation its next to the easiest thing to do to produce such evidence to bolster your facts/arguments.

With that said, I disagree with you again, wholeheartedly about "these people." Again, you can't expect a SANE person to get so livid with NOTHING to back it up.

The questions in my OP were SPECIFIC to 2nd Amendment issues AND the faux voter intimidation issue...NONE of which has ANYTHING to do with THEM. Your argument began with "its real what's happening to THEM."

C'mon Madeline...tell me this isn't really you.

LOL. The people have every right to get livid over what is happening. There is a real assault going on against the 2nd Amendment rights. We have a President who supports banning hand guns, and a court that is one vote away from essentially abolishing the 2nd amendment.

And everyone also has good reason to be livid at Eric Holder for dropping a clear cut case of voter intimidation from the Black Panthers.

Of course never mind the many other bigger issues that people are really fed up over, like the rediculous spending and bailouts.

Soggy, there is no way in hell a sane or honest person could defend a person being so strong and firm on an issue or issues that they have absolutely NO facts to back it up on.

Rachel asked them directly..."What SPECIFICALLY did he do to prevent or attack 2nd amendment rights." They BOTH ended up responding with "I don't have the facts at the moment."

But they were BOTH absolutely SURE that he was anti 2nd amendments.

Dude...that's the DEFINITION of ignorance, willful ignorance at that.

Soggy wrote:

No, what I said was that Rachel Maddow is a partisan hack parading as a journalist for willing left wing dupes like yourself.

Pay attention.

I'm guessing you only object to Maddow because she does not "partisan hack" in line with your views. So what is your preferred news outlet, Soggy? Impress me with the impartial, balanced news coverage you demand.

PBS and BBC America seem to me to be the last of them among tv news shows, and neither one is near "exciting" enough to "entertain" a Fox News viewer.

There was a time, believe it or not, when TV news departments had no duty to be profitable. The general feeling was, the channels owed the public quality news coverage and that these departments would always be money pits.

Of course, that's long gone. Now local news is all "if it bleeds, it leads" and national news seems to be a race to the bottom, led by Fox. Staying informed is only 50% gathering information....the other 50% is tossing out bullshit masquarading as data. Not everyone can spend 5 hours a day just sifting the fucking "news" for truth.

No, that was never the case. Once again you are talking out of your ass about things you know nothing about.
There was a standard of "journalistic integrity" that is long gone. That meant that news reporters actually, you know, reported the news. They gave as unbiased a report as they could. That is a particularly American phenomenon btw because British and French newspapers always had slant.

Madeline, I don't think you have a clue of who or what Rachel Maddow is about. You're so off on her its not funny. If she "screams" at her audience as you put it, I think it would be rather easy for you to produce 3, 2 or at least 1 YouTube video evidencing this. In this day and age of media saturation its next to the easiest thing to do to produce such evidence to bolster your facts/arguments.

With that said, I disagree with you again, wholeheartedly about "these people." Again, you can't expect a SANE person to get so livid with NOTHING to back it up.

The questions in my OP were SPECIFIC to 2nd Amendment issues AND the faux voter intimidation issue...NONE of which has ANYTHING to do with THEM. Your argument began with "its real what's happening to THEM."

C'mon Madeline...tell me this isn't really you.
*cough* Maddy, *cough* respond, *cough* please.

Soggy wrote:

Pay attention.

I'm guessing you only object to Maddow because she does not "partisan hack" in line with your views. So what is your preferred news outlet, Soggy? Impress me with the impartial, balanced news coverage you demand.

PBS and BBC America seem to me to be the last of them among tv news shows, and neither one is near "exciting" enough to "entertain" a Fox News viewer.

I have to impress you? I don't think so honey. And BTW.. I don't watch the news because there is no news to watch.

There is enough info readily available on the INTERNET and I don't have to listen to sanctimonious douches like Maddow, Couric or Olberman or O'Reily to get to it.

I can't say it's a shock that Marc is completely ignoring the fact that Rachel is editing out the information she doesnt like and only keeping the stuff she does.

Kind of easy to prove your point when you limit alternative information isn't it?

Also, I'm amused of the arrogance from the "Anyone who disagrees with me is uninformed, stupid, or lying" crowd.

People look at the same information and come to different conclusions. Get used to it.

Keep telling yourself the voters are stupid, uninformed, and its all Bush's fault til November 3rd. I'll get back to you about then.

I can't say it's a shock that Marc is completely ignoring the fact that Rachel is editing out the information she doesnt like and only keeping the stuff she does.

Kind of easy to prove your point when you limit alternative information isn't it?

Also, I'm amused of the arrogance from the "Anyone who disagrees with me is uninformed, stupid, or lying" crowd.

People look at the same information and come to different conclusions. Get used to it.

It's fascist mantra.... you're either agree with me or you're a:

1. Racist
2. Redneck
3. Moron (also spelled moran by some of our Marxist friends)
4. Stupid
5. Homophobe
6. Idiot
7. Retard
8. Mouth breather (I especially like this one)
9. Ape
10. All of the above.

Occasionally they'll label you a Jew or a Zionist....

Last edited:

It's fascist mantra.... you're either agree with me or you're a:

1. Racist
2. Redneck
3. Moron (also spelled moran by some of our Marxist friends)
4. Stupid
5. Homophobe
6. Idiot
7. Retard
8. Mouth breather (I especially like this one)
9. Ape
10. All of the above.

Occasionally they'll label you a Jew or a Zionist....

well the rightwads do the exact same thing

Both parties are populated with inbreds and social misfits on hiatus between prison sentences

So I'm home now watching MSNBC, rewound my DVR to about 3 hours and luckily caught the better portion of Rachel Maddow's show. She's now in Alaska to interview Joe Miller and others.

Still watching, but just before this commercial break she asks some angry, clearly, RW voters some things and they start shouting out things like "Get rid of Eric Holder" She asks why are they against Eric Holder. One shouts back, "He's against guns." She asked the lady why? "What has Eric Holder specifically done that is against guns?" She responds with "he's voted down the line that are all anti-gun. Rachel then explains to her that Eric Holder has never had to vote on anything, he's not in Congress or in Senate. Some back and forth, with Rachel sincerely trying to figure what exactly do they have that tells them that Eric is "anti-gun." She ends up saying that she doesn't have all the facts on hand, but she just KNOWS he's anti gun.

Then a younger male, white, as well as the lady above, BTW, chimes in spewing the same nonsense. Again Rachel asks the young man, "What specifically has Eric done that is against the 2nd Amendment." He starts to flutter, then says, "Rachel, just Google Eric Holder and 2nd Amendment and Guns and you'll see all the ammo there." She responds, I will, but why are you currently so angry, what specically has he done that has you so angry....he says, he doesn't have all the facts on hand, but if she Googles it she will find it. And he was sincerely asking her to do so.

Then another older lady who's REALLY angry now, again, white, tells her "The black panthers is why I'm mad at Eric Holder." She's visibly livid on camera and ready to shout and Rachel asks her what about the Black Panthers, the lady replies "Voter Intimidation...not being prosecuted!" Rachel informs her that it was decided by the Bush Administration that there was nothing to prosecute the lone 2 New Black Panthers for. Then she cuts the camera back to where she was at the time, live, and then tells the audience that s he continued to question the woman, who got even more angry. Then told that she cut off the camera and had another very long convo with the lady who then calmed down. The lady told her that she's voting for Miller because Obama's not prosecuting the NBPs because they are black...so she's voting for Joe Miller.

This, folks, is the atmosphere that FOXNews has created. FOX LOVES the Low Information Voter.

WoW!!

*SMH*

You go with that liberals. Keep telling us, in your arrogant ignorant smugness that the voter is stupid. That we don't know how good we have it with Obama. That we should be happy to have 10% unemployment and a deficit our kids, kids, kids will be paying off. :eusa_snooty:

You go with that and then you wonder why you lost so big on November 2.

You will blame stupid voters. You will blame vote stealing.

You will blame ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING besides where the blame belongs WITH YOURSELVES AND YOUR ARROGANCE!

Keep this up liberals. I want you to keep this up. It will make people all the more energized to go to the polls on Tuesday AND TOSS YOUR ARROGANT ILK OUT ON THEIR EARS WHERE THEY BELONG! And that's in the street, looking for a job like everyong else!

Remember these arrogant pukes on election day AND VOTE!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

These people are panicked by economic and environmental ruination (there has been leaks/spills in Alaska of late), they have been jerked all over hell and back by the finest propaganda machine man ever created, they are preoccupied trying to stay afloat and cannot study on every issue like a PhD candidate........

Rachel Maddow has an abrasive style (at least when I watched her) and a calm conversation with any of these people about what concerns them most could have been had, Marc. Maddow made time and place choices that maximized their ignorance and fear.

Yanno, one criticism of the left is that we look down on "regular people". Ain't that more or less what you are doing?
No, this is not what I'm doing. A "regular person" doesn't just get livid with NOTHING factual or reasonable backing it up. If this is what a "regular person" in America is today. We got some MAJOR problems.

These people are drunk on FOXNews, and FOXNews has PURPOSELY fed them a steady diet of lies and propoganda. These people are people who already leaned a certain way, and what FNN has done is spread the sickness from those with absolutely no sense to those with a little bit of sense to those with some sense...all on the right.

I don't appreciate you suggesting that I outright have something against "regular people," the facts just doesn't bear that out.

Edit:
Oh, and to suggest that Rachel Maddow's interview style is somehow..."abrasive" I think that's near laughable. I'd like to know what and how you define abrasive, also, what examples do you have on her being such as well. You want to know whats abrasive, or who...Bill O'Reilly...that's abrasive if I ever seen it.

Yeah! :bsflag::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How DARE people listen to other news outlets than what Obama allows! How dare there be freedom of the press and the freedom of people to read and listen to other news outlets than our "fearless leader."

This is for you MarcATL. It definitely suits you. You have those quotes of me saying Obama is half black yet? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

obama-snob.jpg

When you have a swath of society that spews every. single. talking point that comes out of FNN it doesn't take rocket science to ascertain where it came from.

These people were mad as hell from the point they lost as evidenced here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/85023-right-america-feeling-wronged-hbo-documentary.html

I don't care what anybody says otherwise, its simply not true. They're like angry retarded robots/Frankensteins...."Obama...BAAAAD! Must SMASH!!!"

Their knowledge, information or mindset doesn't get far past that analysis or thought. Only FNN PUMPS that into the society on a minute-by-minute, hour-by-hour, day-by-day, week-by-week basis. And of course the rest of the RepubliCON News Network in the form of RW talk radio shows, who are the majority of that particular form of media. They all feed off each other.

Yeah as if YOU aren't spewing talking points from Obama, CNN and MSNBC! Hypocrite! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

obama-snob.jpg

Forum List

Back