The Lottery

Every once in a great while (maybe once a year or so) I'll plunk down a buck if the jackpot is stupidly huge (like over $100 mil).

I figure if I win the world's going to get the best damned educational website it's every seen.

I'll just keep publishing and improving it until I run of our money, or time, whichever comes first.

That, and I'll buy new tires for the truck.

Good idea... I think you need it... :lol:

But I see you were up real late last night and now you're up real early. Did you sleep at all last night?

Sleep is for the weak, amigo.

Way back when I was in the Navy stationed at Fort Detrick in Maryland I discovered they had a lottery. I had never lived anywhere that had a lottery so I didn't know a thing about playing the lottery. I was at a nearby convience store and they had sheets with all the winning lottery numbers on it for over the last year. I took one of the sheets back to where I lived and for a couple of days I averaged out all of those lottery numbers and came up with what I believed to be the "average" lottery numbers. In Maryland you got two chances at the lottery for $1.00 so every week I would buy $5.00 worth of the lottery tickets with all the same number. That mean I had 10 lines of lottery numbers and they were all the same thing. Well, now and then I would have 1 or 2 numbers called out in the lottery. Didn't win a thing for several months but then one Saturday night I happened to be watching the tv when they pulled the lottery numbers and low and behold, I had 5 out of the 6 numbers called. Just to make sure I did in fact have 5 of the 6 numbers called the next day, Sunday, I went to the same convience store and got a printed out lottery report and bingo, it was true. However, I couldn't find out how much I won until the next day, Monday. On Monday I found out that 5 out of 6 numbers paid $1,015.00. That meant that I won $10, 150.00. Not bad for a $5.00 investment. I have long since moved to Illinois and I still play the lottery every week. $5.00 a week, all the same numbers but I haven't had the same kind of luck here. Have had 3 and 4 numbers now and then but never anything like a big payoff. I can afford to drop $5.00 a week on the lottery but more than that I think is foolish because the odds of winnning anything are so great. What happens if I win the grand prize someday? Don't know. I don't really need the money. I have everything in life I really need to be happy. Have a few wants but no real needs. Most likely if I ever hit the big jackpot I will make a lot of people really happy and donate much to a specific charity.

I was just wondering if anyone here ever plays the lottery. The Powerball for here in Wisconsin and else where was $215,000,000.00, and I bought $20 worth on it and didn't hit jack shit. But I see no one won the jackpot and it's up to $245,000,000.00 for the Wednesday drawing. Call me a fool but I might drop $50 on that game. I mean hey, $50 for a chance to win $245,000,000.00? That's a drop in the bucket.

Good Lord.... what would I do with a one time payment of $104,700,000.00? Whew... I don't know, but I'd sure like to find out.

Around 80 million after taxes. I play every week but I don't win even the smaller prizes on mega millions or Classic lotto. They have it rigged.

I figure lightening could strike once..

I play a couple bucks worth a week.
I also use it as an excuse to go buy the local paper, you know, so I can check my numbers (wink wink)

For some reason I've yet to figure out, the girlfriend isnt pumped about me buying a newspaper everyday. Shes weird. So lotto is my scheme.

Quite honestly, I dont think I'd really want to win the big one. I think once that money came down, I'd have more friends than I knew what to do with.

But if I did win, I'd build a huge house in the country and prolly start a brewery.
My hometown could also use a gun shop.

Lotteries are a tax on the poor, or stupid. Whatever.

Yeah, I was reading the Readers Digest a few days ago and it had some interesting stats about the lottery.

Those without a high school diploma spend twice what high school graduates spend, on average.

W. Virginia makes more lottery revenue than any other state (go figure).

While I dont think its dumb to blow a couple bucks on it, its f-ing stupid to think of lottery as your golden ticket and rely solely on that in life.

Forum List

Back