The Looters

William Joyce said:

It's who lives there and they're starving---I'd be right with em if they didn't beat the hell outta me first.

I think I know where you are going with this. According to the U.S. Census statistics (year 2000), the city of New Orleans was made up of 67% African American and 28% Caucasian.

http://neworleans.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm

Based on that, it would be logical to assume that there is a bigger chance of a looter being African American than Caucasian.

But, if you aren't referring to race, then I apologize.

You could be referring to the looters being actually from New Orleans, a certain religion, or, according to some reports, being police officers.

BTW, there is letigimate looting going on. There are police officers who are "looting" first aid equipment, water, etc to give to any survivors they should come up on.

But there have been reports of police officers loading computers into shopping carts and walking away too.

And I'm with Dillo, if I lived there, and I had a family starving, I'd be looting too - food, water, etc. Not blue jeans and DVDs.

GotZoom said:
I think I know where you are going with this. According to the U.S. Census statistics (year 2000), the city of New Orleans was made up of 67% African American and 28% Caucasian.

Based on that, it would be logical to assume that there is a bigger chance of a looter being African American than Caucasian.

You could be referring to the looters being actually from New Orleans, a certain religion, or, according to some reports, being police officers.

BTW, there is letigimate looting going on. There are police officers who are "looting" first aid equipment, water, etc to give to any survivors they should come up on.

But there have been reports of police officers loading computers into shopping carts and walking away too.

And I'm with Dillo, if I lived there, and I had a family starving, I'd be looting too - food, water, etc. Not blue jeans and DVDs.

And that's only the beginning----there will tons of work to do to clean up and rebuild the area the theoretically only Mexicans are willing to do so maybe by the time it's a ll over it will be Nuevo Orleans. Whatcha think, Wliiam?

dilloduck said:
And that's only the beginning----there will tons of work to do to clean up and rebuild the area the theoretically only Mexicans are willing to do so maybe by the time it's a ll over it will be Nuevo Orleans. Whatcha think, Wliiam?

Interesting...

Bourbon Street - Tequila Street (I'm there!)

Beignets - Empanadas

Silky Sullivans - Hussong's (or Cabo Wabo Cantina)

Hurricanes - Margaritas

Strip Clubs - Strip Clubs (some things won't change)

I don't have a problem with the people looting the grocery stores for essentials and food.

There have been reports of people breaking into jewelry stores and clothing stores. There has been a policeman shot and a report of a looter shooting another looter. Also people broke into Wal-Mart and stole all of the guns. These are the people who should be arrested. Here is a time when people could come together and instead they are showing there worst possible side.

Food and water, understandable. Electronics and jewelry, not. How depressing to watch.

I heard a report that people who evacuated were actually trying to break into a hospital in Shreveport, and have already robbed nurses at gunpoint.

William Joyce said:
its true the looters share certain traits and because of that conclusions are being made all over the US. Why, after all these years, have certain groups not risen to the challenge to better thenselves?

Wolfe said:
its true the looters share certain traits and because of that conclusions are being made all over the US. Why, after all these years, have certain groups not risen to the challenge to better thenselves?

because liberals all tell them they can't without government help...basically they aretelling them they are too stupid to pull themselves out of the situation they got themselves it...which is NOT true...they are smart enough, but unfortunately, they have been listening to liberals too long, and it is hard to change your beliefs once they are set. It takes someone with an open mind to listen to the opposing side and actually think about what they are being told, rather than listen to raving loonies saying all conservatives hate blacks, and all they want to do is oppress them, etc.

Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the daylight crimes go down. "To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he told AP. Said one male looter who claimed to have eight grandchildren to feed: "It's about survival right now."

New Orleans wasn't the only place looters were active.

An AP reporter along the beach in Biloxi, Miss., says it "looks like a free-for-all," as looters come running out of souvenir shops, loaded down with
merchandise.

I can't believe this man is making excuses for these people. People are either part of the solution or part of the problem. Maybe the reason some people don't improve their situation in life is because their moral compuss just spinnes in circles.

GotZoom said:
Interesting...

Bourbon Street - Tequila Street (I'm there!)

Beignets - Empanadas

Silky Sullivans - Hussong's (or Cabo Wabo Cantina)

Hurricanes - Margaritas

Strip Clubs - Strip Clubs (some things won't change)

don't forget the Cinqo de mardi Gras parade :dance:

GotZoom said:

I'm not "with Dillo," but I would be if I lived in NO. I'd be with dillo in whatever backwater he lives in around here!!!

Point is, I lived many years in Miami, and spent many stationed in the MidAtlantic and Far East. I've been through four hurricanes/typhoons myself. What part of "there's a hurricane coming get the hell out" don't these people get?

There was MORE than plenty of warning.

Trigg said:
I don't have a problem with the people looting the grocery stores for essentials and food.

There have been reports of people breaking into jewelry stores and clothing stores. There has been a policeman shot and a report of a looter shooting another looter. Also people broke into Wal-Mart and stole all of the guns. These are the people who should be arrested. Here is a time when people could come together and instead they are showing there worst possible side.

Guns, and bullets of course, are essentials. They help stop looting and assist in securing all other manner of property. They are particularly helpful when desperate times are at hand.

Did anyone catch the CNN interview of a New Orleans resident who said she blames Bush for the problems they are having? That's the kind of thing that can make me lose sympathy really fast. :mad:

Abbey Normal said:
Did anyone catch the CNN interview of a New Orleans resident who said she blames Bush for the problems they are having? That's the kind of thing that can make me lose sympathy really fast. :mad:

Don't tell me you were surprised? Hell, I've been waiting for it. I'd have bet the farm that one was coming.

GunnyL said:
Don't tell me you were surprised? Hell, I've been waiting for it. I'd have bet the farm that one was coming.

The world famous climatologist, Cindy Sheehan, has already made TV apperarances saying all this is the result of Bush policies. I''m really starting to hate this woman and the any one who aims a camera at her or sticks a mic in her face. :finger:

A good number of folks do not own a car, live paycheck to paycheck and perhaps were even more reluctant to try to hitchhike their way out of the city because they had elderly, sick and handicapped family members.
I can't blame those people for staying, and my heart goes out to those who had no choice but to stay behind and put their life in the Lords' Hands.

This was especially true in New Orleans, one of the most impoverished cities in America.

Trigg said:

Actually, I could understand the guns. If things are getting that bad id probably want a gun myself.

Abbey Normal said:

Yeah, I saw the news interview a few people who b****ing about how they arent getting what they are entitlted to fast enough. Well if they think they are entitled to anything, I think they already received it. I don't understand how people can survive such destruction and be so ungrateful for what they have and what people are willing to do help them.

Forum List

Back