The Looming Issue In the Coming Elections

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://polipundit.com/index.php?p=9621

No surprise here, but I like the way he does this concisely:
Saturday, August 20th, 2005
Border Security

One very real trump card the Democrats have in their hand for 2006 and 2008, is the issue of Border Security. Contrary to much of the discussion, Republicans are quite concerned with the issue, and President Bush, coming from Texas, has more direct experience with the problem and its ramifications than most public officials. In fact, a look at most Administrations since World War Two have expressed at least some concern about the security of the nation’s borders, and have asked for expert assistance over the years many times for a plan to control the entry of illegal aliens. However, before 9/11 the risk of terrorist entry into the United States was always seen as remote, and the deleterious effects of illegal residency by millions of people was always demoted to very low priorities, in large part because the measures deemed most effective were considered too expensive, difficult, or onerous to be included in a party platform or candidate’s message.

The available options to reduce illegal entry into the country remain difficult and unpopular, but there is a present spirit that actions must be taken. And in a close race, a challenger can gain critical ground by pressing the message that more needs to be done, even without naming specific measures to be taken. Politically sharp Democrats may be expected to take up that cry; they can simultaneously repair their National Security credentials by moving “to the right” of Republicans on the issue, and by not specifying actions they mean to take, they can also maintain their base through assurances that they mean to protect the nation and Civil Rights of minorities at the same time. Since the Republicans may be expected to continue in control of Congress after the 2006 and 2008 elections, even those Democrats who are elected using these tactics will still have an out, as they will be able to claim their attempts to improve security are thwarted because they do not hold the majority.

To my mind, there are three specific issues within illegal entry into the United States, which need to be addressed, and here is where I would like us to discuss the matter:

1. Employers have faced increasingly strict measures for knowingly hiring illegals. However, the Congress has refused to pass some laws which would have put real teeth into the prevention of hiring illegal aliens. Why, do you think, has this been the case?

2. Mexico is not cooperating with the United States. Instead, they have taken such actions as to provide Consular Identification Cards for Mexican nationals in the U.S., without verifying that they are here legally. Also, there are indications that Mexico’s own borders are very porous, especially to anyone heading North into the U.S. What actions could the United States take to change this condition, bearing in mind that Mexico is a sovereign state, and in some years past hostility between the U.S. and Mexican governments over the border issue has led to additional conflict?

3. The greatest danger of illegal entry into the United States, is that someone practiced in border-running, often known as a “coyote”, will bring in terrorists. The law at present is relatively light against border-runners. What definition, legally, should be established to create a legal class for pofessional border-runners, and what legal actions should be taken against repeated border-runners to discourage the profession?
-- DJ Drummond

They will never close the border. The white race must be diluted. It's part of the new world order.

rtwngAvngr said:
They will never close the border. The white race must be diluted. It's part of the new world order.

Nah that's just a possible by-product of cheap labor. :shocked: I guess we want to be like the Phillipines, where everyone can have their own cook, maid, and lawn guy.

I think we're better off paying Americans the wage to get the work done like fruit picking and doing our own scut work at home, unless we have that kind of disposable income.

Kathianne said:
Nah that's just a possible by-product of cheap labor. :shocked: I guess we want to be like the Phillipines, where everyone can have their own cook, maid, and lawn guy.

I think we're better off paying Americans the wage to get the work done like fruit picking and doing our own scut work at home, unless we have that kind of disposable income.

Having lots of help was real cool before even all the tech, white collar, and otherwise managerial jobs started going overseas as well. Well I guess if anyone can get themselves out of a jam it's "those of western culture coloration". Anytime world. We'll bear the brunt again and figure out a whole new paradigm of improved living for everyone else. I hate feeling like such a buchananite protectionist but damn, this is scary shit.

rtwngAvngr said:
Having lots of help was real cool before even all the tech, white collar, and otherwise managerial jobs started going overseas as well. Well I guess if anyone can get themselves out of a jam it's "those of western culture coloration". Anytime world. We'll bear the brunt again and figure out a whole new paradigm of improved living for everyone else. I hate feeling like such a buchananite protectionist but damn, this is scary shit.

I don't agree with the 'out to get the white people' but I do think illegal immigration is an extremely dangerous problem, that is not being seriously dealt with, by either major party. They do a huge disservice to all, by giving the 'buchananite protectionists' a chance to run with this. The people want something done, NOW and the pols had better start listening.

Kathianne said:
I don't agree with the 'out to get the white people' but I do think illegal immigration is an extremely dangerous problem, that is not being seriously dealt with, by either major party. They do a huge disservice to all, by giving the 'buchananite protectionists' a chance to run with this. The people want something done, NOW and the pols had better start listening.

It's not even white people really. It's self reliant, freedom loving people. It's the culture of white people, actually. This is also why assimilation into the mainstream hasn't been encouraged in immigrants since the sixties.

Free, self reliant people, will not accept the dependance the new world order demands of all.

Kathianne said:
I guess we want to be like the Phillipines, where everyone can have their own cook, maid, and lawn guy.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't talk about my wife like that

Forum List

Back