The look on this woman's face...

...tells the story about government dependence & their nanny unions...

Ohio’s union fight: What you need to know - The Washington Post

I can sense what she's thinking... "what am I going to do if I have to get a real job." Out of curiosity what are your feelings about government sponsored union jobs???

Teaching is not a real job?

Only in NYC when it comes to teaching 8 year old's the proper way to use a condom.The correct way to perform oral sex and how to do it if you have braces.

This is the going to happen soon in NYC schools and the parents will have to let it happen or pull the kid out of school.

Good to see a liberal education in action. :(

I get just a bit annoyed at the incessant argument that unions are so terrible because all they do is protect bad teachers. While this may be true in a limited number of cases, most teachers do their job quite well. The argument that it's the teacher's fault that kids do poorly is absurd. All you need is half a brain and it's easy to understand that kids that do poorly most often come from backgrounds that are not conducive to doing well in the first place. Most poor students come from families where the parents do not put in the time or give the effort to help their own kids. It really is amazing how kids that go to school in districts where income levels are higher do much better than inner city kids where income levels are low and many of the parents are on welfare. It has absolutely nothing to do with the teachers or the unions.

As for the argument that unions just drive up costs, give me a break. If government officials are giving away the house during contract negotiations, then voters need to fire those responsible and elect those who will negotiate in good faith with the taxpayer's money. And this isn't just about teachers. It's about all public employees from police officers to firefighters to sanitation workers. These people have a right to negotiate fair contracts.

No, it isn't. If you have posted here a while, you know that.

Disagreed. If one accepts that the future of our nation lies in our children and, therefore, our nation's greatest resource is our children, then teaching is not only a real job, but one of the most important jobs in the nation.

Glib comments aside, I'd like to hear your reasoning on why you think it isn't a real job.

She was being sarcastic.

Hence the hazard of using sarcasm in a text medium. Thanks for the feedback.

Only in NYC when it comes to teaching 8 year old's the proper way to use a condom.The correct way to perform oral sex and how to do it if you have braces.

This is the going to happen soon in NYC schools and the parents will have to let it happen or pull the kid out of school.

Good to see a liberal education in action. :(

I'd love to see a credible link verifying this obviously ludicrous idea.

Forum List

Back