The Longest War...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Just watched a very good but disturbing Documentary on HBO called 'The Battle For Marjah.' This Documentary pretty much cemented my belief that the War in Afghanistan is over. It just doesn't seem like there is anything more to gain. The fact is the Taliban are supported by many Afghans. It will be impossible to remove them completely. This reality just has to be accepted. It's time for our kids to come home. They fought bravely and achieved some very big victories. But there is nothing more to be gained over there. Afghanistan's future is now completely in the Afghan's hands. We've given them a chance and some real opportunities to do right. Now it's time for them to seize on these opportunities and make Afghanistan a success. I wish them all the best and pray for a bright future. The Longest War is now over so lets welcome our brave kids back home. :)

Last edited:
Large regions in Afghanistan just don't want us there. They actually prefer the Taliban. I know that's insane & backwards but it is what it is. The Taliban are despicable monsters but these areas are their homes. They're never leaving. Time to start wrapping things up over there.

Yes there have been some great successes but now it should be left up to the Afghans to create a bright future for their nation. It's all in their hands now. We can't do anymore for them. The opportunity is now there for them to build a prosperous nation. It's time for them to seize on this opportunity. Lets welcome our brave kids back home.

I was especially shocked at how awful the Afghan Security Forces were. I see no hope in ever training them sufficiently. The will just isn't there for them. It's all about major cultural differences in the ways Wars are fought. We'll never train them up to the standards we demand. So that's all over too. It really is now all in the Afghan's hands.

Forum List

Back