the lobby that never sleeps

ERGO

Bursting Bubbles
Feb 24, 2012
The Israel Lobby Never Sleeps
H.R.4133 United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012

adlocto_dees.jpg

There has been no media reporting on H.R.4133 United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012 introduced into the House of Representatives of the 112th Congress on March 5th “To express the sense of Congress regarding the United States-Israel strategic relationship, to direct the President to submit to Congress reports on United States actions to enhance this relationship and to assist in the defense of Israel, and for other purposes.” The sponsors include Eric Cantor, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, and Howard Berman (all of whom are Jewish) and also Steny Hoyer of Maryland, who is Norwegian but might as well be Jewish given his frequently expressed love for Israel. The bill provides Israel with a blank check drawn on the US taxpayer to maintain its “qualitative military superiority” over all of its neighbors combined. It is scheduled for passage on a “suspension of the rules,” which means it will not actually be voted on and will be approved by consent of Congress.

It is perhaps no coincidence that on Monday the Republicans in the guise of the redoubtable Howard “Buck” McKeon released their proposal for increased defense spending (yes, increased) for 2013. It includes a cool $1 billion for Israel to upgrade its missile defenses. That’s on top of the $3 billion it already receives plus numerous co-production programs that are off the books and defense spending that is not considered to be part of the annual grant. Perhaps “Buck” should consider changing his sobriquet to “Warbucks.” Buck is not Jewish but he is a Mormon, perhaps a sign of what will be coming if we are so unlucky as to vote into office the born again Hawk Mitt Romney. Mitt has a foreign policy team consisting of more than thirty stalwarts, mostly drawn from the Bush Administration, and nearly all of whom are neocons. It features Robert Kaplan, John Bolton, and Dan Senor.

Israel and its partisan hacks in Congress are utterly shameless. At a time when the country is screaming for some measure of restraint in government spending, Israel is the one budget line that only sees increases.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZZ5zGAWKE]AIPAC: The Voice of America[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQE1Fe9nQeQ&feature=channel&list=UL]AIPAC: The Voice of America[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Christians United For Israel...
Christians United for Israel has grown to become the largest pro-Israel organization in the United States and one of the leading Christian grassroots movements in the world. CUFI spans all fifty states and reaches millions with our message. Each year CUFI holds hundreds of pro-Israel events in cities around the country. And each July, thousands of pro-Israel Christians gather in Washington, D.C. to participate in the CUFI Washington Summit and make their voices heard in support of Israel and the Jewish people.

Our impact has been immediate. Our growth has been phenomenal. And we've only just begun.
Welcome - Christians United for Israel

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8D87oAgas]Christians United for Israel - YouTube[/ame]

Ergo -

Interesting stuff...I do think the relationship between Israel and the US has become a bit of a tail wagging the dog. Israel seem to demand money and support from the US, while offering precious little in return.

I do think the US SHOULD defend Israel from attack, but that support should be balanced and objective. Israel should have to earn it.

This thread will be spammed into oblivion, but hopefully people will put the spammers on Ignore, and we can discuss this.

Ergo -

Interesting stuff...I do think the relationship between Israel and the US has become a bit of a tail wagging the dog. Israel seem to demand money and support from the US, while offering precious little in return.

I do think the US SHOULD defend Israel from attack, but that support should be balanced and objective. Israel should have to earn it.

This thread will be spammed into oblivion, but hopefully people will put the spammers on Ignore, and we can discuss this.

Who spams? There is a thread dedicated to you: http://www.usmessageboard.com/5286609-post1.html

Admiral Mike Mullen, former Chairman US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Reaffirms Strong US--Israeli Bond in Visit To Israel.
I have frequently spoken and met with my counterpart, General Ashkenazi, and that relatonship [with Israel] is a critical relationship that I cherish, as I do and we do from the United States to Israel to the People of Israel.

There's literally not a day that I don't think of you and your countrymen. I'd like to raise a glass to both our countries, to both our militaries and to great success in the future. The closeness of our two countries has never been more important. You're a very special group of people
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4tEpFH3kDA]Admiral Mike Mullen Reaffirms Strong U.S.-Israeli Bond in Visit to Israel - YouTube[/ame]

Ergo -

SAIGON

Wall Street Journal: Where Tech Keeps Booming, In Israel, a Clustering of Talent, Research Universities and Venture Capital...

"Google, Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, eBay . . . ," says one of eBay's executives. "The best-kept secret is that we all live and die by the work of our Israeli teams."

There are more new innovative ideas coming out of Israel than there are out in Silicon Valley right now. And it doesn't slow during economic downturns." The authors of "Start-Up Nation," Dan Senor and Saul Singer, are quoting an executive at British Telecom, but they could just as easily be quoting an executive at Intel, which last year opened a $3.5 billion factory in Kiryat Gat, an hour south of Tel Aviv, to make sophisticated 45-nanometer chips; or Warren Buffett, who in 2006 paid $4 billion for four-fifths of an Israeli firm that makes high-tech cutting tools for cars and planes; or John Chambers, Cisco's chief executive, who has bought nine Israeli start-ups; or Steve Ballmer, who calls Microsoft "as much an Israeli company as an American company" because of the importance of its Israeli technologists. "Google, Cisco, Microsoft, Intel, eBay . . . ," says one of eBay's executives. "The best-kept secret is that we all live and die by the work of our Israeli teams."

Israel is the world's techno-nation. Civilian research-and-development expenditures run 4.5% of the gross domestic product—half-again the level of the U.S., Germany or South Korea—and venture-capital investment per capita is 2½ times that of the U.S. and six times that of the United Kingdom. Even in absolute terms, Israel has only the U.S.—with more than 40 times the population—as a challenger.

Israel—a country of just 7.1 million people—attracted close to $2 billion in venture capital in 2008, as much as flowed to the U.K.'s 61 million citizens or the 145 million people living in Germany and France combined." At the start of 2009, some 63 Israeli companies were listed on the Nasdaq, more than those of any other foreign country. Among the Israeli firms: Teva Pharmaceuticals, the world's largest generic drug maker, with a market cap of $48 billion; and Check Point Software Technologies, with a market cap of $7 billion.
Book Review: "Start-Up Nation" - WSJ.com

Ergo -

Hopefully, someday American citizen's will wake up to the fact that Israel is Not our 51st state.

And that there is nothing in the Constitution about defending or supporting Israel.

Sadly, the Zionist lobby in the U.S. has a choke hold on our government and politicians.

Thus our foreign policy is extremely out of balance because of U.S. backing of this rogue state.

Until America severs ties with this terrorist nation.

Our credibility with other nations around the world will always be suspect. :doubt:

Sunni -

I agree, by and large. At times, Israel makes the US look bad, especially when it forces the US to defend completely indefensible things, such as the use of cluster bombs against civilian targets in Lebanon.

I would like to see the US stand by Israel, but only offer funds on the basis of a genuine commitment to peace. If Obama called Netanyahu and said "We want to see genuine peace plan on the table within 12 months, or you've seen your last dime", Israel would deliver, without question.

Ergo -

Hopefully, someday American citizen's will wake up to the fact that Israel is Not our 51st state.

And that there is nothing in the Constitution about defending or supporting Israel.

Sadly, the Zionist lobby in the U.S. has a choke hold on our government and politicians.

Thus our foreign policy is extremely out of balance because of U.S. backing of this rogue state.

Our credibility with other nations around the world will always be suspect. :doubt:
Maybe, open a quran? In it, your own allah created Israel. You don't even know your own religion---How do you even manage to get through life so embarrassingly ignorant?
Quran 10:93: We settled the Children of Israel in a beautiful dwelling place, and provided for them sustenance of the best: it was after knowledge had been granted to them
United States Senator Daniel Inouye, President Pro Tempore of the US Senate, Awarded Medal of Honor, Purple Heart, Distinguished Service Cross, Bronze Star...
If one looks at most of this world, especially the Middle East, one country stands out as a foundation of stability and as a pillar of democracy. And at a time like this, when you have revolution in Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia and Jordan, thank God we have Israel.
http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=252905

Last edited:
Ergo -

Tashbih Sayyed, Muslim Pakistani Scholar, Journalist, Author and Former Editor in Chief of Our Times, Pakistan Today, and The Muslim World Today Muslim World Today: Front Page 1222005

A Muslim In A Jewish Land
I tried very hard to find any Muslim state that has true democracy and where religious minorities are accorded equal democratic rights, but failed. The map of the Muslim world is too crowded with kings, despots, dictators, sham democrats and theocratic autocrats and the persecution of minorities is an essential part of Islamist social behavior.

Here, protected by Israel's democratic principles, the Muslim Arab citizens of Israel are afforded all the rights and privileges of Israeli citizenship. When the first elections to the Knesset were held in February 1949, Israeli Arabs were given the right to vote and to be elected along with Israeli Jews. Today, Israel's Arab citizens are accorded full civil and political rights entitled to complete participation in Israeli society. They are active in Israeli social, political and civic life and enjoy representation in Israel's Parliament, Foreign Service and judicial system.

Large Arab residences, wide spread construction activity and big cars underlined the prosperity and affluence of Palestinians living under the Star of David. The big houses owned by Arab Israelis and the amount of construction that was going on in the Arab towns exposed the falsity of propaganda that Israel discriminates against Israeli Arabs from buying lands. The Arab Waqf owns land that is for the express use and benefit of Muslim Arabs. Government land can be leased by anyone, regardless of race, religion or sex. All Arab citizens of Israel are eligible to lease government land.

On my way from the city of David to the Royal Prima hotel in Jerusalem, I asked my Palestinian taxi driver how he feels about moving to the territories under Palestinian Authority. He said that he could never think of living outside Israel. His answer blasted the myth spread by anti-Semites that Israel's Arab citizens are not happy there. Another Israeli Arab informed me that Arabs in Israel have equal voting rights. In fact, Israel is one of the few countries in the Middle East where Arab women can vote. In contrast to the non-Israeli Arab world, Arab women in Israel enjoy the same status as men. Muslim women have the right to vote and to be elected to public office. Muslim women, in fact are more liberated in Israel than in any Muslim country. Israeli law prohibits polygamy, child marriage, and the barbarity of female sexual mutilation. Moreover, I found out that there are no incidences of honor killings in Israel. The status of Muslim women in Israel is far above that of any country in the region. Israeli health standards are by far the highest in the Middle East and Israeli health institutions are freely open to all Arabs, on the same basis as they are to Jews.

Israel's Arabic press is the most vibrant and independent of any country in the region. There are more than 20 Arabic periodicals. Today, there are hundreds of Arab schools. Israeli universities are renowned centers of learning in the history and literature of the Arab Middle East.

Aware of the constraints that a non-Wahhabi is faced with while performing religious rituals in Saudi Arabia, Kiran (my wife) could not hide her surprise at the freedoms and ease with which peoples of all religions and faiths were carrying out their religious obligations at the Church of the holy Sepulcher, Garden Tomb, Sea of Galilee, newly discovered Western Wall Tunnels, Western Wall, tomb of King David and all the other holy places we visited.

My first visit to Israel has not only consolidated my belief that Israel is vital for the stability of the region but has also convinced me that the existence of Israel will one day convince the Muslims of the necessity of reformation in their theology as well as sociology. Looking at the development and transformation that the land has gone through because of the Jewish innovative spirit, hard labor and commitment to freedoms for all times to come, I am convinced that it is true that God created this earth but it is also a fact that only an Israel can keep this earth from dying.

Ergo -

what? no complaints about the money we give to terrorist supporters?

lol.. i love people who say they want thigns "balanced".

now you know why we laugh at you.

Sunni -

I agree, by and large. At times, Israel makes the US look bad, especially when it forces the US to defend completely indefensible things, such as the use of cluster bombs against civilian targets in Lebanon.

I would like to see the US stand by Israel, but only offer funds on the basis of a genuine commitment to peace. If Obama called Netanyahu and said "We want to see genuine peace plan on the table within 12 months, or you've seen your last dime", Israel would deliver, without question.
Israel (JStone) is always bragging about they are a modern nation and how many hi-teck companies open start-up's and R & D centers there.

And how the GNP is one of the best in the world.

But yet, Israel always has it's beggers tin cup out and asking for more U.S. aid. :doubt:

Sunni -

Israel (JStone) is always bragging about they are a modern nation and how many hi-teck companies open start-up's and R & D centers there.

But yet, Israel always has it's beggers tin cup out and asking for more U.S. aid. :doubt:

You're ignorant about your own religion: Allah created Israel...
Quran 10:93: We settled the Children of Israel in a beautiful dwelling place, and provided for them sustenance of the best: it was after knowledge had been granted to them

And, you're ignorant about the US and Israel. Israel receives military hardware, not economic assistance.

Israel has a $200 BILLION GDP, the 40th largest economy in the world and the 30th highest per capita income in the world.

Two-thirds of US foreign aid goes to the arabs and muslimes who perpetrated 9/11 and protected bin Laden.

You need to be less ignorant and more educated if you want to be successful in life. You'll also be happier and not miserable as you are. You clearly have deep-seated psychiatric issues and are obsessed with a country the size of Vermont. This is severely abnormal

Last edited:
Sunni -

When America say's it will mediate a situation between Israel and another nation.

The people in those countries just roll their eyes.

They are well aware the U.S., cannot and will not, be fair or impartial as an arbitrator whenever Israel is involved.

Sunni -

When America say's it will mediate a situation between Israel and another nation.

The people in those countries just roll their eyes.

They are well aware the U.S., cannot and will not, be fair or impartial as an arbitrator whenever Israel is involved.

Idiot, your own quran says your own allah created Israel. You don't even know your own religion. You're not embarrassed to show your incredible level of ignorance?

“John Hagee, fundamentalist pastor from San Antonio and friend of Israel…He believes that Jews can come to God without going through Jesus Christ… trying to convert Jews is a ‘waste of time,’ he said. ‘The Jewish person who has his roots in Judaism is not going to convert to Christianity. There is no form of Christian evangelism that has failed so miserably as evangelizing the Jewish people. They (already) have a faith structure.’ Everyone else, whether Buddhist or Baha’i, needs to believe in Jesus, he says. But not the Jewish people. Jews already have a covenant with God that has never been replaced by Christianity, he says.”

The first act of Christian cults is to distort the Bible’s original, clear teaching in favor of more recent “revelations” or interpretations. Cults may emphasize the few verses in Scripture that seem to support their beliefs but ignore a host which don’t. This is like taking scissors to huge sections of the Bible. Jesus says anyone who removes even a line of His Revelation will have their name erased from His book of life (Rev. 22:19)
This behavior precisely describes Christian “Israel-first” Zionism.
Evangelism is the central emphasis of the New Testament. The Book of Acts opens with the Christian’s duty to proclaim the good news of salvation first to Jews in Israel and then to the whole world. Yet Christian Zionism is not concerned with evangelism to Jews. The foremost Christian Zionist leader today, Pastor John Hagee, forbids evangelism of Jews or even mention of the name of Jesus in his huge “pro-Israel” rallies.
See..NPN Email Alert.Christian Zionism is primarily devoted to upholding the right of a nation of Christ-rejecting Jews to occupy Palestine. It is primarily a political, not evangelistic, movement. How do Christian Zionist leaders justify such departure?

Christians need to research the little known Noahide Laws

“The U.S. Congress officially recognized the Noahide Laws in legislation that was passed by both houses. Congress and the President of the U. S., George Bush Sr., indicated in Public Law 102-14, 102nd Congress, that the United States of America was founded upon the Seven Universal Laws of Noah, and that these Laws have been the bedrock of society from the dawn of civilization. They also acknowledged that the Seven Laws of Noah are the foundation upon which civilization stands and that recent weakening of these principles threaten the fabric of civilized society, and that justified preoccupation in educating the Citizens of the U.S. of America and future generations is needed. For this purpose, this Public Law designated March 26, 1991 as Education Day.”
These laws along with those who promote them, are telling people there are two sets of laws. One for the Jews (Yahudim) and the other for Gentiles (goyim). We know this is not Scriptural because we are told:
There is one Torah for the native-born and for the stranger who sojourns among you.” (Ex. 12:49)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGMePu_0gpI]Ted Pike - Zionism and Christianity_ Unholy Alliance. - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hi0bJ9eAS8]The Other Israel (FULL) Rev. Ted Pike - YouTube[/ame]

Sunni -

And, you're ignorant about the US and Israel. Israel receives military hardware, not economic assistance.

Israel has a $200 BILLION GDP, the 40th largest economy in the world and the 30th highest per capita income in the world.

Two-thirds of US foreign aid goes to the arabs and muslimes who perpetrated 9/11 and protected bin Laden.

You need to be less ignorant and more educated if you want to be successful in life. You'll also be happier and not miserable as you are. You clearly have deep-seated psychiatric issues and are obsessed with a country the size of Vermont. This is severely abnormal

The anti Israel lobby is quite strong also. Too many posters here skipped history in high school, the Shoah was a crucial section; all Americans should be required to learn how & why modern day Israel was founded.

The anti Israel lobby is quite strong also. Too many posters here skipped history in high school, the Shoah was a crucial section; all Americans should be required to learn how & why modern day Israel was founded.
Now with a little show tune music in the background............."There's no business......Like Shoah business"!!! :lol:

The question is why isn't the Israel Lobby being forced to register as a foreign agent? Americans need to concern themselves with their own country first. The concern of Israel is the Israeli's concern, not America's! I do question the loyalty of some the dual citizens of Israel. It's seems a lot of American Jews and Christian Zionists are putting the interests of Israel first. The "anti Israel lobby" doesn't even come close to the undue influence of the Israeli Lobby.
As far as Shoah (the NOT holocaust) The Zionist Jews have hijacked WW2 history for their political agenda. One needs to understand WW2 history in the full context of history, like going back to 1897 and learning about the first Herzl lead Zionist conference in Basel,Switzerland and the arranging of the Federal Reserve Act, WW1 and the Balfour Agreement and the onerous Versailles Treaty... the Jacob Schiff/Max Warburg financed Russian-Bolshevik Revolution that left millions of Christian Russians murdered at the hands of crazed atheist Jewish Bolsheviks. I am so sick and tired of the manipulation and guilt that the Zionist controlled propaganda mills in this country and elsewhere have perpetrated on the unsuspecting and uncritical minds. You can't even question the holocaust story, and it is a story, in most countries w/o being fined and sent to prison. Who has that kind of power? The exclusive Jewish Israel is an racist apartheid state and should be ashamed of the way they have treated and treats the Palestinians/Arab.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back