• Wtf?

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Freja

VIP Member
Feb 11, 2016
Sweden
BREAKING NEWS

Swedish media reports that Disneys "The Lion King" is fascist propaganda.

Andrev Walden from Aftonbladet writes:

It's not obvious, especially not for a child. We don't wear the critical glasses when we watch a movie with furry characters and musical elements.

The lions, with birth right to the throne, rule over a kingdom where zebras and gazelles find themselves to be possibly eaten, they search for their executioners and bow down to them by the foot of the imperiums parliament: the Pride Rock.
When Simba asks his father naive questions about ruling, his father Mufasa gives him a confusing lecture about the Circle of Life and warns him from going outside the borders of the kingdom, where the suns beams cannot reach.
Mufasas brother, Scar, is disfigured, effeminized and peculiarly dark compared to his blonde family. He is weak but clever and is for some reason out to destroy his own land in conspiracy. Which he does by taking in degenerated foreigners (The hyenas) into the kingdom, kills the king and drive away the inheritor of the throne.
The hyenas, which by nature is unexceptionally incompetent, are early in the movie called "filthy freeloaders". They park themselves around the foot of the Pride Rock and the lions are forced to work twice as hard to provide food for both themselves and the workshy migrants.
The kingdom changes, the sun goes away, the water goes away and dark clouds form, which explains the disappearance of the sun. The order in the kingdom is ruined and the society falls apart.
Until the lost son is awakened from his vegative state by the asexual, butterfly catching, Timon and Pumbaa. He sees the darkness that has covered the fatherland and returns to throw out both traitors and the foreigners with force.
Simbas awakening happens in two steps, first the heterosexual meeting with the now sexually matured Nala. Then the spiritual meeting with Rafiki who reminds Simba of his origin and his duties.
When the "filthy freeloaders" are thrown out and the traitor is killed, then the harmony of the kingdom is restored. The sun, the water and the vegetation returns to celebrate the sons regeneration.

The movie is like a course in fascist propaganda. From the decaying kingdom that is plagued by parasites, to lost masculinity, to the cleansing and the rebirth. All the way to the deeply rooted fascisms horny resonant bottom: blood and earth.

Fascismen är underbar

Do you think the Lion King is fascist? Why?
What do you think of the comparisons to the different animals?
Do you agree with the text?

Personally, I feel like it was the journalist himself that thought that the MENA (Middle East, North Africa) people / asylum seekers were comparable to the hyenas. Do you agree?

I thought about posting this in the "Sweden is falling apart"- thread. But I think this article deserved a thread of its own.

(btw, I've translated the text as good as I can. My english isn't perfect and feel free to use google translate if you don't believe me.)

Last edited:
It certainly always should have been considered royalist propaganda, at least.

I thought it was a movie with sexual innuendos and male chauvinist appeal..

Wow, that movie has so much meaning....

I guess you could take it a number of ways. I took it as a description of Africa before, during, and after european colonization.
I bought the movie for the kid and never paid attention to it, since I noticed it has a well used them to it..

Sometimes people just have too much time on their hands and over think even the most simplistic. I suppose it's possible to find political propaganda in just about anything if you look hard enough.

Good grief this movie has been out for over 20 years and meant for entertainment purposes only

Sometimes people just have too much time on their hands and over think even the most simplistic. I suppose it's possible to find political propaganda in just about anything if you look hard enough.

Good grief this movie has been out for over 20 years and meant for entertainment purposes only

Agree 100%.

Unfortunatly this is typical swedish media. It's like some sort of contest in who can find the most racist/fascist/nazi things in either books or movies.
Although its pure bullshit, it can still be entertaining to read. :lmao:

I think those of you saying people are reading too much into the movie miss one very important historical fact. Movies have long been the messengers of political opinion and hidden meaning. Its not that far of a stretch to see similarities in real world and historical events.

I think those of you saying people are reading too much into the movie miss one very important historical fact. Movies have long been the messengers of political opinion and hidden meaning. Its not that far of a stretch to see similarities in real world and historical events.

I agree & no doubt about movies being used for propaganda & hidden meanings...some yes, but not all.......but the Lion King? NO, I don't see it

I guess you could take it a number of ways. I took it as a description of Africa before, during, and after european colonization.
I bought the movie for the kid and never paid attention to it, since I noticed it has a well used them to it..
You can see "sex" in the leaves if you squint and have too much time on your hands

July 8, 1997

that's when it came out

and just now these asshats have done deep research

but yea, lets be like europe...

The point of letting you know this, was to show you how incompetent the swedish media is. I was thinking of being sarcastic in the thread-start... wish I had been.
I thought the headline being "BREAKING NEWS" was enough. Cause really... who gives a shit if they can manage to overanalyze an old childrens movie into it being fascist?!

Do you know what it's like having these people as media???
A NIGHTMARE!!! :eek:

I also wanted to see if there was anybody that actually agreed with the text this journalist published.

July 8, 1997

that's when it came out

The point of letting you know this, was to show you how incompetent the swedish media is. I was thinking of being sarcastic in the thread-start... wish I had been.
I thought the headline being "BREAKING NEWS" was enough. Cause really... who gives a shit if they can manage to overanalyze an old childrens movie into it being fascist?!

I also wanted to see if there was anybody that actually agreed with the text this journalist published.

What is going on over there? Your country has been taken over by nutjobs apparently. Sorry about that. The US seems to be heading in the same direction sadly.

July 8, 1997

that's when it came out

What is going on over there? Your country has been taken over by nutjobs apparently. Sorry about that. The US seems to be heading in the same direction sadly.

Thank you, I hope the US never ends up like Europe, and certainly not Sweden.

Do you mean in general or when it comes to media?

Media is terrible overall... they always twist news when it's about asylum seekers to make stuff not seem "so serious". When there has been a fight they use words like "friction" and "disbute" even though they were fighting with knives at a high school... :hmpf:

I have some funny news, but I will post it in the "sweden is falling apart" thread, as its part of how Sweden is brainwashing their citizens.

Forum List

Back