The Lincoln Douglas Debate:

Yes. Newt will wipe the floor with Obama in a debate. Obama is no match for Newt.

Have you ever watched Obama off the script? He bumbles everything. Newt is crisp from the cuff.

Not really, Obama is very smart and has a great sense of humor. He's got a firm grasp of the issues and he holds people's interest. He lights up a room, something your repubs couldn't have a clue about. Repubs are self absorbed, ignorant and they don't have any ideas, they're archaic, greedy obstructionists and obviously so.

I know it kills you guys that Obama is the one who got Bin Laden, pulled our guys out of Iraq and has taken decisive action in foreign policy. His policies will move us forward domestically, one of the smartest things he can do right now is what he's doing. Taking the Republican agenda public.

Smart strategy.

beatlemania.jpg

The Cain-Gingrich Debate
A substantial debate produces few disagreements, but plenty of contrast.
by John Hayward

Cain is an inspirational figure, but Gingrich’s experience and mastery of the issues would be important assets in the general election, because in the teeth of an aggressively hostile media, a command of fine detail is necessary to keep an inspirational message from becoming derailed. Where Gingrich was cordial and supportive, Obama will pounce, and the next day’s headlines will be filled with all the things Herman Cain didn’t know by heart. Cain would really profit from the continuing support of Gingrich… or vice versa. They really are quite a team.
The Cain-Gingrich Debate - HUMAN EVENTS

Cain, Gingrich debate targets hard issues with historic format - Your Houston News: News:

Who won the Cain-Gingrich debate?
posted at 10:09 pm on November 5, 2011 by Ed Morrissey printer-friendly

Who won? It’s pretty clear that Gingrich had the better of this debate. He had better command of both the issues and the facts, offered plenty of corroborative studies and resources, and managed to make all of it accessible to the average voter. Cain did well at times, but twice had to ask Newt to handle questions first, which isn’t exactly a confidence builder.

Mostly, I think the voters won this debate. We finally had 90 minutes of substantive discussion of the real issues in entitlement reform, offered in positive terms from two of the men who want to lead this country. With media “moderators” out of the way, we put aside slogans and soundbites and the sniping that broadcast outlets love to provoke to write stories on the fluff rather than the issues

Cain and Gingrich Meet for a Congenial Debate

In substance and tone, the meeting could not have been more different from the recent debates among the candidates running for the Republican presidential nomination, during which sharps attacks have flown in all directions.

Both said they favored giving block grants to the states for Medicaid and welfare programs. Mr. Cain said unemployment benefits should shrink over time. Mr. Gingrich said any such benefits should be tied to mandatory training programs.

Over all, Mr. Gingrich seemed to earn more hearty and spontaneous applause for his answers than did Mr. Cain, who took a pass on one question to let Mr. Gingrich “go first,” as he said. He also used some of his time to take a second shot at answering a question that he acknowledged he did not address well on the first try.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/u...gingrich-meet-for-a-congenial-debate.html?amp

I was disappointed I wasn't able to watch the debate, but read the reviews of many reporters. They mostly seemed to be saying that the format of the debate was much more informative and useful in allowing the candidates to answer questions on issues in greater depth.

Many of the articles said that Cain and Gingrich maake a good team, regardless of who is on top of the ticket.

Have you ever watched Obama off the script? He bumbles everything. Newt is crisp from the cuff.

Not really, Obama is very smart and has a great sense of humor. He's got a firm grasp of the issues and he holds people's interest. He lights up a room, something your repubs couldn't have a clue about. Repubs are self absorbed, ignorant and they don't have any ideas, they're archaic, greedy obstructionists and obviously so.

I know it kills you guys that Obama is the one who got Bin Laden, pulled our guys out of Iraq and has taken decisive action in foreign policy. His policies will move us forward domestically, one of the smartest things he can do right now is what he's doing. Taking the Republican agenda public.

Smart strategy.

beatlemania.jpg

:clap2:

:lol::lol:

Sarah just got NAILED!

:clap2:

Hardly a "LIncoln Douglas" debate because the two participants agreed on 90% of what they were talking about.

My own thought. These are both very capable guys, but only one of them is capable in the feild that they are applying for, and that's politics. I think Cain is a very sharp guy, but clearly, not a politician, and I guess that's his appeal, but he'd get eaten alive in Washington.

Newt, I could stand to vote for, but I think his personal baggage makes him damaged goods.

Still, I would vote for either of these two over the Community Organizer or the Weird Mormon Robot.

Sorry to break this to you, chief.......but every politician that you have ever voted for is a community organizer.
:eusa_hand::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Clearly and unequivocally false, butt- boy.

What a non surprise.

LonelyLaughable bases his "arguments" on false premises.

Very likely going to be Cain/Gingrich vr Obama/Biden.

You're kidding, right?
Three months ago no one had head of Cain, and Gingrich's campaign was about to go under with aides quitting right and left. So today somehow they're front runners?
We havent had the first primary yet.

Forum List

Back