The Life Of An Alcoholic

good lord you don't know my feelings about pets! they are treated too much like people! better than people.
I love people much more than animals!
Oy.

I'm done here.
There is something wrong with you. Seriously.
Because she loves people more than animals?
I love my dogs, Gracie, but they're DOGS.
Sigh. I know. But, for someone like me...all I have IS my dog. All other humans in my life has shit on me, knocked me around, abused me, lied to me, etc. My DOG loves me whether I am homeless or sick or sad or depressed. She loves me. And I love her. MORE than people because PEOPLE have done so much hurt to me...I cannot say more.

Now i went and got myself all maudlin, so pardon me if I agree to disagree and not get involved in this thread again.

One last word.......

Alcoholism affects more than the body. It affects the mind. The heart. The soul. The love. And once the alcoholic is sober, well ladedah for them. All is great in their world now. They can go to AA meetings and get cakes and pats on the back for a job well done but what about US? The ones that STILL suffer what the alcoholic did to kill our souls? WHAT ABOUT US? WE STILL SUFFER.

meh

I used to drink my fair share as a teen and early 20s, but then I realized what an arse I was, and I stopped. I still drink on occasion but rare occasion. I've probably been "drunk" twice in the past 5 years, once at a friend's b-day party at a bar, and another time at a wedding reception for my cousin. Both times, I barfed and had a very unpleasant experience. I find that I really do not have much fun when I'm drinking like that. It's much better for me to keep it to one or two and sip them and never drink on an empty stomach!
I think for a lot of young people getting drunk is kinda fun. Kids within in their tweens to mid-twenty's all seem to like to get drunk once in a while.

And smoke doobies too.

I used to drink my fair share as a teen and early 20s, but then I realized what an arse I was, and I stopped. I still drink on occasion but rare occasion. I've probably been "drunk" twice in the past 5 years, once at a friend's b-day party at a bar, and another time at a wedding reception for my cousin. Both times, I barfed and had a very unpleasant experience. I find that I really do not have much fun when I'm drinking like that. It's much better for me to keep it to one or two and sip them and never drink on an empty stomach!
I think for a lot of young people getting drunk is kinda fun. Kids within in their tweens to mid-twenty's all seem to like to get drunk once in a while.

And smoke doobies too.

That's only because they're stupid.

Doesn't matter. If you aren't willing to admit it's a problem and you aren't willing to try to quit, then it's not going to happen. The only one who can make that decision is you, Bonzi.

I already have quit. With no intention of going back. Unless I wind up in a situation where I live alone and can do what I want.

It's only a problem if you perceive it that way.

So then you didn't quit for yourself and for the good of yourself. Usually, if you are quitting for someone else, it isn't going to last. The first stressful situation, and you will be hitting the bottle again. There are a multitude of fatal diseases associated with alcoholism, hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, some types of cancers. Alcoholic dementia is something that begins to happen as you age too. My dad suffered from alcoholic dementia towards the end of his life.

Alcohol-related dementia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Epidemiological studies show an association between long-term alcohol intoxication and dementia.[2] Alcohol can damage the brain directly as a neurotoxin,[2] or it can damage it indirectly by causing malnutrition, primarily a loss of thiamine (vitamin B1).[3] Alcohol abuse is common in older persons, and alcohol-related dementia is under-diagnosed.[4] While moderate alcohol consumption (up to four glasses of wine per week) has been shown to protect against dementia, higher rates of consumption increase the chances of getting it.[2]

And smoke doobies too.

Most of us were stupid when we were young.

And smoke doobies too.

Most of us were stupid when we were young.

Yup, that's my point! :D

I got over drinking a long time ago, thankfully. I just remember one time when I was sick and hung over, thinking, "why do I keep doing this to myself? It totally sucks!" Also, after seeing what it did to my father is kind of a wake up call. The stuff is poison, and usually nothing good comes from getting shitfaced. Lol. ;)

All it takes to rise above addiction or depression is discipline and willpower, and there are plenty of ways to strengthen those things.

All it takes to rise above addiction or depression is discipline and willpower, and there are plenty of ways to strengthen those things.

Some people have to be hospitalized because they become physically ill. See DTs when it comes to alcohol withdrawal which have actually been fatal.

Medscape: Medscape Access
Oh, no, not the Goddess Ashtray. She just executes her decision to stop and then calls upon the almighty spirits of the earth, sun, moon, and Taco Bell. Then after sucking on her bong and drinking some fruity alcoholic beverages she can accomplishment any feat put in front of her by the mighty spirits of the universe, including to stop drinking, and to pass out into a puddle of her own filth.

The Mighty Goddess Ashtray: The Dim Star in the Night Sky!

Some people have to be hospitalized because they become physically ill. See DTs when it comes to alcohol withdrawal which have actually been fatal.

Medscape: Medscape Access

One of nature's many ways of culling the herd, I guess. Still, it is far better to believe that one can overcome any addiction or depression with discipline and willpower, even in situations where that may not be one hundred percent accurate. The mind is an incredible thing... and it's power often vastly underestimated.

Last edited:
Bottom line. People get to make their own decisions about their own lives.

I don't believe it's fair (personally) to do something that is harmful to others that have not asked for it, but, if you are single you have every right to "mistreat" yourself - it's your body (as the pro-abortionists love to always proclaim) -

Everything said above it true - the self destructive nature, will power, etc. etc. But the bottom line is, some people just are not interested and don't care......

I don't believe it's fair (personally) to do something that is harmful to others that have not asked for it, but, if you are single you have every right to "mistreat" yourself - it's your body (as the pro-abortionists love to always proclaim) -

Everything said above it true - the self destructive nature, will power, etc. etc. But the bottom line is, some people just are not interested and don't care......
Would anyone miss you?
When I got sober, I was single and lived alone. I could have drunk myself into oblivion, but my dad and kids, even maybe my soon to be ex wife would have missed me, (and the child support checks)

Would anyone miss you?
When I got sober, I was single and lived alone. I could have drunk myself into oblivion, but my dad and kids, even maybe my soon to be ex wife would have missed me, (and the child support checks)

Maybe, but you know, life has a way of moving on.
My husband would miss most because he's with me every day.

I'm a pretty emotionally distant person so, either way, I may not die of alcoholism. I don't want to be drunk all day. I just want to be drunk every day for a little while.....

Watch "Leaving Las Vegas". That's an alcoholic.

My parents had a penchant for booze, but it was an occasional crutch and not a way of life.

Same holds true for me.

It helps me deal with you fuckers... on occasion. :fu:

I've seen it.
It's my dream....
What in the flying fuck is that supposed to mean?

It just means I'd love to be able to drink myself to oblivion (or I did the day I posted this) not so much today, I just want to have my coffee this morning :) :coffee: (Oh I see now, this was actually in response to the Leaving Las Vegas" comment.....

Forum List

Back