The Lie of Educating Afghani Children

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
longform-original-4017-1436398972-4.jpg

This is what all the $millions – and lives – have given the youth of Afghanistan.

But over the last two years, USAID has quietly whittled away at that number without explaining what happened to the more than 115 schools it no longer says it built or refurbished. After BuzzFeed News pressed for an answer, Larry Sampler, the head of USAID’s Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs, said the agency had “revised its operational definition of school construction” to a “stricter definition.”

We are, of course, not surprised. A tribal society refuses to education its future away. If they learn about the outside world and what future can away them, they no longer care to remain confined to their towns and villages.

Read the full story @ The Big Lie That Helped Justify America s War In Afghanistan - BuzzFeed News with lots more pictures

America's war in Afghanistan was about getting Bin Laden and those who supported him, (terrorists and Taliban)....from what I can remember from the time it began.... educating the children, was not a top reason at all for going to war there...do you remember this being a reason given for us getting in to a War in Afghanistan? I sure don't....

Edit:
(the article title from buzz Feed, said educating the Afghani children was a reason to justify going to war in Afghanistan, and I don't remember this being given as a justification to start a war in Afghanistan)

Last edited:
America's war in Afghanistan was about getting Bin Laden and those who supported him, (terrorists and Taliban)....from what I can remember from the time it began.... educating the children, was not a top reason at all for going to war there...do you remember this being a reason given for us getting in to a War in Afghanistan? I sure don't....

Edit:
(the article title from buzz Feed, said educating the Afghani children was a reason to justify going to war in Afghanistan, and I don't remember this being given as a justification to start a war in Afghanistan)

To me, the main thrust of this article was all the $$$$$ spent on the supposed effort to eradicate poverty by educating the children and raising them out of the 8th century. All that money spent for nothing!

Forum List

Back