The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

The founders designed a system free of religion.

Pretnd they didnt but the facts are clear

You really don't know much about the Founders, do you?

The Founders designed a system where religion was Integral. That's why they protected it from government interference.

The Constitution was designed for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to any other.

John Adams

It is probaby why the Constitution is followed less and less. It is inadequate to an amoral and non-religious people. We are more suited to the governance of dictators.

Not just Merrry Xmas, but also Happy New Year, which would make it NOT a religious issue, but a financial one. They shouldn't be sending out holiday greetings on our dime. I figured fiscal conservatives would realize that, but apparently ODS is an intractable disease!

Hello McFly?

They aren't talking about christmas crads. they are talking about any greeting. They won't allow a congressman to end a letter of business with a constituant with the words "Merry Christmas". Not paying to send christmas cards I agree with, but that isn't what's absurd.

Do they actually open their mail and read it? How would they know? I think this is about the envelopes and what's written on them or pieces that are obviously Xmas cards.

Apparently, when you want the taxpayer to pay for the mail, you have to submit it to the Franking Commision. So yeah, they know what it says.

Hey nit wit, they aren't banning Christmas cards, they are saying you cannot use the greeting "Merry Christmas" in any mail.

Not just Merrry Xmas, but also Happy New Year, which would make it NOT a religious issue, but a financial one. They shouldn't be sending out holiday greetings on our dime. I figured fiscal conservatives would realize that, but apparently ODS is an intractable disease!

Hello McFly?

They aren't talking about christmas crads. they are talking about any greeting. They won't allow a congressman to end a letter of business with a constituant with the words "Merry Christmas". Not paying to send christmas cards I agree with, but that isn't what's absurd.

Indeed. The Congress is free to speak commensurate with thier beliefs...the constituient has to 1...ignore it...move on...

2. Get enraged and mount a campaign to oust the critter from office.

But for something as this? Pardon us while we laugh at the pettiness of thier argument... ;)

We the subscribers, citizens of the said Commonwealth, having taken into serious consideration, a Bill printed by order of the last Session of General Assembly, entitled "A Bill establishing a provision for Teachers of the Christian Religion," and conceiving that the same if finally armed with the sanctions of a law, will be a dangerous abuse of power, are bound as faithful members of a free State to remonstrate against it, and to declare the reasons by which we are determined.

Looks like the PC police have threatened members of the House of Representatives against wishing constituents a "Merry Christmas," if they want to do so in a mailing paid for with tax dollars.

Members who submit official mailings for review by the congressional franking commission that reviews all congressional mail to determine if it can be "franked," or paid for with tax dollars, are being told that no holiday greetings, including "Merry Christmas," can be sent in official mail.

"I called the commission to ask for clarification and was told no 'Merry Christmas.' Also told cannot say 'Happy New Year' but can say 'have a happy new year' – referencing the time period of a new year, but not the holiday," said a Hill staffer who requested anonymity.

Congressmen can't say 'Merry Christmas' in mail | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

At this point, I'd ask "are you fucking kidding me?" But why bother? I already know they're serious.

Seriously absurd.

You don't mean "Liberal's official hostility toward religion" you mean "official hostility toward Christianity". Liberals are very tolerant of Islam.

liberals are pieces of shit.

We the subscribers, citizens of the said Commonwealth, having taken into serious consideration, a Bill printed by order of the last Session of General Assembly, entitled "A Bill establishing a provision for Teachers of the Christian Religion," and conceiving that the same if finally armed with the sanctions of a law, will be a dangerous abuse of power, are bound as faithful members of a free State to remonstrate against it, and to declare the reasons by which we are determined.

You should check into the highlighted. You won't appear so thoroughly ignorant of what you post.

those who claim the separation of church and state was NOT part of the founders intentions.

BEFORE she hit the "submit" button, does anybody here think that TDM realized that she had written only the introductory PORTION of a sentence but not a whole sentence?

by the way, the "separation of church and state" was ABSOLUTELY a part of the Founders' and Framers' intentions.

But what they specifically intended is clearly NOT what YOU imagine it to have been.

YOUR "understanding" of the meaning of "separation of church and state" is a sterling example of your piss-poor liberal education.

It is wrong.

You are wrong.

Last edited:
what did the father of the constitution think of that law to give money to christain teachers?

what did the father of the constitution think of that law to give money to christain teachers?

Can you phrase that abortion of an attempted question in English?

I am quite certain that the Founders and the Framers would not have believed that the government ought to refrain from paying teachers of any particular faith on the basis of their faith.

You should check into the highlighted. You won't appear so thoroughly ignorant of what you post.

Explain in detail how you think it doesnt say what I said it says?

The founders designed a system free of religion.

Pretnd they didnt but the facts are clear

You really don't know much about the Founders, do you?

The Founders designed a system where religion was Integral. That's why they protected it from government interference.

The Constitution was designed for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to any other.

John Adams

It is probaby why the Constitution is followed less and less. It is inadequate to an amoral and non-religious people. We are more suited to the governance of dictators.

Au contraire...

Statists...are free to move to a Governance that they agree with instead of trying to change traditions of this one.

Can you phrase that abortion of an attempted question in English?

I am quite certain that the Founders and the Framers would not have believed that the government ought to refrain from paying teachers of any particular faith on the basis of their faith.

Its a quite lengthy and well explained DENIAL of the tax payer dollar for christain teachers.

Just denying facts does not make you look very smart.

Forum List

Back