The Liberal War on Women

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
You think republicans want to take away your birth control?

Liberals like Obama want to take away your life!

It begins: FDA may pull Avastin approval over cost concerns

When Barack Obama and the Democrats spent most of a year pushing their deeply unpopular health-care system overhaul, they repeatedly insisted that government intervention in the market would not mean that treatment decisions would come down to cost issues — even while demonizing providers as Tonsil Vultures and amputation-happy predators. Today, however, the Washington Post reports on an effort at the FDA to decertify Avastin as a treatment for breast cancer and its implications for cost savings at Medicare:

It begins: FDA may pull Avastin approval over cost concerns « Hot Air

The real war on women is coming from the left!

more:

Federal regulators are considering taking the highly unusual step of rescinding approval of a drug that patients with advanced breast cancer turn to as a last-ditch hope.

The debate over Avastin, prescribed to about 17,500 women with breast cancer a year, has become entangled in the politically explosive struggle over medical spending and effectiveness that flared during the battle over health-care reform: How should the government balance protecting patients and controlling costs without restricting access to cutting-edge, and often costly, treatments?

FDA considers revoking approval of Avastin for advanced breast cancer

What's Obama's response to dying women?

Hey! Take a pain pill!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-dQfb8WQvo]Obama to Jane Sturm: Hey, take a pill - YouTube[/ame]

The Avastin Story

Avastin received accelerated approval from the FDA for metastatic breast cancer in 2008 on the basis of a study in which patients who were treated with Avastin, in combination with paclitaxel, had a progression-free survival advantage of 5.5 months over paclitaxel alone but no overall survival advantage.3 Toxic effects were substantial, but this interim end point suggested real clinical benefit. Unfortunately, in what were supposed to be confirmatory studies enrolling almost 2000 women, progression-free survival was shorter than in the initial study, and no quality-of-life or survival advantage could be shown for Avastin-containing regimens.

The Avastin Story

Avastin received accelerated approval from the FDA for metastatic breast cancer in 2008 on the basis of a study in which patients who were treated with Avastin, in combination with paclitaxel, had a progression-free survival advantage of 5.5 months over paclitaxel alone but no overall survival advantage.3 Toxic effects were substantial, but this interim end point suggested real clinical benefit. Unfortunately, in what were supposed to be confirmatory studies enrolling almost 2000 women, progression-free survival was shorter than in the initial study, and no quality-of-life or survival advantage could be shown for Avastin-containing regimens.

Here's what you leave out!

but it will keep your cancer from worsening by an average of 1 to 2 months.”
When you count your life by days two months can be a Godsend.

I know. My father was given THREE WEEKS TO LIVE.

No, he did not have breast cancer (of course, BUT HE DID HAVE CANCER), and the measures they took to extend my father's life by THREE MONTHS was everything to us.

But liberals like Obama will say "take a pain pill because YOUR LIFE doesn't justify the cost."

THE REAL WAR ON WOMEN IS BY THE LEFT!

The Avastin Story

No, he did not have breast cancer (of course, BUT HE DID HAVE CANCER), and the measures they took to extend my father's life by THREE MONTHS was everything to us.

But liberals like Obama will say "take a pain pill because YOUR LIFE doesn't justify the cost."

Actually men can get breast cancer....

Male Breast Cancer Statistics, Symptoms, Signs, Facts, Causes and Treatment by MedicineNet.com

I agree with you...to families any amount of time that can add to their loved ones lives is important to them. I guess Obama doesn't care about his loved ones either...i wonder what he'd think if Michelle needed it?

Fuking hypocrite.

Bitch and moan about Obama's preventative health ideas that give a better quality of life with less costs then bitch because an end of life drug that has issues and is to expensive is questioned.

What the hell you want to happen. You know how much money is wasted trying to extend a dying patients life by a few days or weeks.

There has to be a limit on how much is spent to prolong life a few days or even weeks.

We are all gonna die. Bankrupting the health system for a few days is stupid. I watched it happen with a MIL. Spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to do what? Postpone the inevitiable by a week. And she didn't even know it was being done to her. Stupid.

Avastin doesn't extend your life if you're a breast cancer patient, not even the original trials upon which accelerated FDA approval was judged warranted claimed that.

Thanks.

Avastin shows everything that was kind of wrong with the system, where profit was put above science.

the sad thing is, the GOP is all about profit.

Shocking, those GOP'ers!!!
Shocking!

a. The Chicago Tribune reported that one the story of one wealthy family that established a Pure Trust to own the famous Chicago Merchandise Mart. The family is known to maintain several other Pure Trusts for tax shelter purposes as well. One such Trust was reported in the Chicago Tribune. March 22, 1947 with the caption: "[Family] Divides Merchandise Mart." "A Trust agreement formed several years before, in which… [they] helped to materially distribute ownership in the 30 Million Dollar Merchandise Mart, among members of the family. It is said that many of these Trusts are domiciled in the Fiji Islands of the South Pacific." http://movewealth.leebot.com/where-do-trusts-come-from.html. BTW, you may know the family…it was that of ‘The Liberal Lion,’ Teddy Kennedy.

b. Continue that thought for a moment. When Joe Kennedy died, the fortune of $300 million to $500 million paid just $134 thousand in inheritance taxes as a result of the Fiji tax-shelter. That’s 0.0004 percent. Cary Reich, “Financier, the biography of Andre Meyer,” p. 367.

Fuking hypocrite.

Bitch and moan about Obama's preventative health ideas that give a better quality of life with less costs then bitch because an end of life drug that has issues and is to expensive is questioned.

What the hell you want to happen. You know how much money is wasted trying to extend a dying patients life by a few days or weeks.

There has to be a limit on how much is spent to prolong life a few days or even weeks.

We are all gonna die. Bankrupting the health system for a few days is stupid. I watched it happen with a MIL. Spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to do what? Postpone the inevitiable by a week. And she didn't even know it was being done to her. Stupid.

What a fine example of the implied high road taken by the Left when engaging in what they believe passes for civil discourse.

Without vulgar language your repertoire would be...what? ....cut in half?

Notice how the Liberal replaces intellect with emotion. This is, no doubt, based on a medieval concept of recognizing witches and demons. In fact, Liberals attempt to deal with opponents in similar fashion: recall Clarence Thomas’ “High Tech Lynching.”

I look forward to the next post in which you prove that you have reached the nadir of your ability.

Fuking hypocrite.

Here is your leftist!

After all those old people aren't paying taxes any more.

LET 'EM DIE!

Give 'em a pain pill and let them die.

Thank you for exposing the contempt the left has for both the old AND WOMEN.

The sad part is, this idiot thinks he's helping his side, instead of EXPOSING the rank hate and double standard the left has for the elderly and women.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually men can get breast cancer....

Male Breast Cancer Statistics, Symptoms, Signs, Facts, Causes and Treatment by MedicineNet.com

I agree with you...to families any amount of time that can add to their loved ones lives is important to them. I guess Obama doesn't care about his loved ones either...i wonder what he'd think if Michelle needed it?

If Michelle needed that drug, YOU KNOW she would get it!

But use "plebes" out here in flyover land. That's just "too good for us."

Why the left gins up a PHONY OUTRAGE over birth control, the Obama admin is setting out to REALLY KILL WOMEN.

The left can't double talk their way out of this.

Avastin doesn't extend your life if you're a breast cancer patient, not even the original trials upon which accelerated FDA approval was judged warranted claimed that.

I'm sorry, YOU ARE LYING. The VERY ARTICLE YOU CITED says it will extend life by ONE TO TWO MONTHS, shall I post it again?

but it will keep your cancer from worsening by an average of 1 to 2 months.”[/quote]

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1109550

Last edited:
Fuking hypocrite.

What a fine example of the implied high road taken by the Left when engaging in what they believe passes for civil discourse.

Notice how the Liberal replaces intellect with emotion. This is, no doubt, based on a medieval concept of recognizing witches and demons. In fact, Liberals attempt to deal with opponents in similar fashion: recall Clarence Thomas’ “High Tech Lynching.”

I look forward to the next post in which you prove that you have reached the nadir of your ability.

And you can basically boil it down to "screw the old, let 'em die!"

Fuking hypocrite.

Liberals are simply sheep lined up for slaughter and will fight you to remain in line.

Liberals are simply sheep lined up for slaughter and will fight you to remain in line.

And they goose step all the way.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So Obama cuts costs and you complain...maybe you should just get your own medication and stop relying on Obama.

You don't get it. It isn't about paying for it, or not paying for it. IT'S BEEN PULLED BY THE FDA over costs. Even if you paid for it yourself, you can't get it.

Nice try.

Forum List

Back