The "liberal" vision of firefighting.

Really? it's called collective Bargaining.

lol

Collective bargaining Results in Companies having to pay More than the Rate the Free Market justifies.

Not saying I am against it, I am just pointing out in the pure sense of it, that is not free markets.

How are you defining "free market"?

In this case it would be in a pure sense. Wages and benefits being determined by supply and demand of Workers, and not Collective pressure to ignore those factors and set Wages above the average.

You seem to be missing the point.

In Tennessee the firefighters did not put out the fire because the fee was not paid in advance. As I posted in a thread discussing that situation, I think the whole thing sucks, and if I had been a firefighter there I would have ignored the orders not to put out the fire. Nonetheless, the city is justified in not using their resources to put out fires if they choose to do that.

In the OP I posted the firefighters refused to put out fires that were already covered. The National Guard even had to show up to defend the firefighters who refused to obey the union and tried to put out fires, because the union condoned violence in order to extort more money from the city. You are correct that there is no comparison, yet the reason they do not compare has absolutely nothing to do with the point you are trying to make.

The real difference between them is that you seem to think that firefighting resources are free. Either that, or you think that a tax base is some type of bottomless pit, so that anyone who needs a service is justified in demanding it.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Except when a con wants one, that is. Some of the ski areas in Vermont now send a bill for services if that person has skiied off a clearly marked trail and needs to be rescued. You wouldn't believe the outcry from all the fat cats living in their starter castles up on Killington Mountain the first time some idiot got a bill from the Ski Patrol for $500 after they had spent an afternoon getting him unpried from a big pine tree.

As a side note, Killington residents, 99% Republican flatlanders, attempted a few years ago to secede from the State of Vermont and restructure its boundaries so it could move to New Hampshire where there's no income tax.

How does a con, whatever you think that means, wanting it makes the lunch free?

They think such rescues should be conducted for nothing. The charge is justified the same way a fine is justified if someone disobeys a rule of the road and gets caught.

Except when a con wants one, that is. Some of the ski areas in Vermont now send a bill for services if that person has skiied off a clearly marked trail and needs to be rescued. You wouldn't believe the outcry from all the fat cats living in their starter castles up on Killington Mountain the first time some idiot got a bill from the Ski Patrol for $500 after they had spent an afternoon getting him unpried from a big pine tree.

As a side note, Killington residents, 99% Republican flatlanders, attempted a few years ago to secede from the State of Vermont and restructure its boundaries so it could move to New Hampshire where there's no income tax.

How does a con, whatever you think that means, wanting it makes the lunch free?

They think such rescues should be conducted for nothing. The charge is justified the same way a fine is justified if someone disobeys a rule of the road and gets caught.

Maggiemae, I have friends in the killington region, Mendon, vt.....

Are you near there? Maybe you know them? Maybe you ARE them? hahahahahaha!

Ever wonder what happens when fire departments refuse to put out fires? It is a long article, but well worth the read.

The Firemen Next Time - John Berlau - National Review Online

I wonder if the people who condemned the firefighters in Tennessee will speak up against these examples. After all, everyone has a right to strike, even if it means a house, or five, burns down, or someone ends up dead.

I wonder if the people who approve of the "free market" firefighters in Tennessee will speak up in favor of this too... after all, organized labor is part of a free market...

The difference here is stark. In this case these strikers are causing tax payers to go with out fire coverage.

In the other case a Guy refused to pay the annual fee for coverage.

How can you even compare the 2?

You can't.

When the FF didn't put out the fire, they just protected the ones that paid for thier service.

The FF that struck refused to provide a paid for service. Basically they all stole and should be held accountable.

I wonder if the people who approve of the "free market" firefighters in Tennessee will speak up in favor of this too... after all, organized labor is part of a free market...

The difference here is stark. In this case these strikers are causing tax payers to go with out fire coverage.

In the other case a Guy refused to pay the annual fee for coverage.

How can you even compare the 2?

You can't.

When the FF didn't put out the fire, they just protected the ones that paid for thier service.

The FF that struck refused to provide a paid for service. Basically they all stole and should be held accountable.

Yep, and only protecting the ones that paid for their services is kinda what happened when Chicago damn near burned to the ground.

Democrat's wet dream of being like France that has annual riots lasting months. These people start more fires than they put out.
PARIS – Masked youths clashed with police and set fires in cities across France on Tuesday as protests against a proposed hike in the retirement age took an increasingly radical turn. Hundreds of flights were canceled, long lines formed at gas stations and train service in many regions was cut in half.

Forum List

Back