The Liberal Myth that the Rich Pay "Virtually No Taxes"

So you really want to go back to pre-Reagan tax rates?

You do realize that the lowest bracket was 14% not 10 and that if you were singlr making 45K a year you would be in the 55% bracket

Be careful what you wish for

I'm 81 years old. Back in the day anyone who made more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess in taxes. The only difference I noticed was that there weren't as many privately owned ocean going yachts and private planes. Screw the people who ride the labors of others to become filthy rich...either that or use personal advantage in the stock market. 'Course there's always a chance they inherited it. In the late 1940's a corporate executive earned 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By 1970 that had changed to about 100 times as much. In 2012 a typical CEO made 550 times what an average worker made in this country. Just how much do you goddamned greedy assholes want? What will it take to satisfy you?

I worked my ass off to make what I make and wanting to keep it is not greedy

Greedy is other people saying I don't have a right to keep my own fucking money

You are a sucker for actually working for your money

The ultra wealthy use you as an example why they should not pay more in taxes

IDGAF what the so called 1% pay in taxes because in all honesty if they paid more it would not reduce my tax burden and it wouldn't mean more money in your pocket either

In case you forgot I'm a flat tax proponent so I do think we should all be paying the same rate on every dollar of income no matter what the source

How about if the ultra rich get a nice big tax cut and you get a nice big tax increase to help make up the loss of revenue.

You good with that idea?

As to your flat, fair tax. When we all have the same amount of income THEN we can all pay the same amount of tax.

That would be "fair". You good with that idea?

You don't understand the concept of a flat tax do you?

Let me relieve you of your ignorance

If the flat tax rate was 10% then everyone would pay 10% of their income from the first dollar earned no deductions no exceptions that means no more dependent deductions, no more mortgage deductions no more charitable deductions etc everyone pays the same rate

So if you make 30K your tax bill will be 3K,
If someone makes 3 million their tax bill will be 300K

So the guy making 100 times more than you pays 100 times more tax

Get it?

You do realize that the lowest bracket was 14% not 10 and that if you were singlr making 45K a year you would be in the 55% bracket

I'm 81 years old. Back in the day anyone who made more than $300,000 a year paid 91% of the excess in taxes. The only difference I noticed was that there weren't as many privately owned ocean going yachts and private planes. Screw the people who ride the labors of others to become filthy rich...either that or use personal advantage in the stock market. 'Course there's always a chance they inherited it. In the late 1940's a corporate executive earned 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By 1970 that had changed to about 100 times as much. In 2012 a typical CEO made 550 times what an average worker made in this country. Just how much do you goddamned greedy assholes want? What will it take to satisfy you?

None of us have a goddamned thing to say about whether or not we will be born, where we will be born, who our parents will be, whether or not we will be mentally sound, whether we will be crippled....thank your lucky stars and shut the phuck up!!

PS....I'm not the least bit impressed by your reference to your money....I have all the money I will ever need and so far it hasn't taken a month off my age.

Sorry boyo but you think that the fucking government has a right to 90% of people's money just because you settled for a life that puts you in no danger of having to pay the taxes you want everyone else to pay isn't my fucking problem

90%?? I'm LMAO! You goddamned Republican pricks think 30% is too much. 'Course you don't think about it too much if you're late for an appointment and a bridge is out on your way.

Since Ronald Reagan slashed tax rates to pre depression levels the infrastructure in this great country has deteriorated to a level which is worse than at any time since the industrial age began. You bastards admire low taxes but you demand high accommodations.....what else is new? It's been happening all my life......'course I'm just 81.

What you people will never admit is that poor people are paying an unbelievable percentage of their income in taxes. When all forms of local, state, government taxes and fees are added together they end up paying a higher percentage of their disposable income in taxes than any rich person. A $0.40 a gallon gasoline tax is nothing to a rich man but to a poor man who has to drive 30 miles a day to and from his work site it can be considerable. A close friend of mind who owns a construction company on the MS gulf coast earning nearly a million dollars a year told me that if he ever has to pay more than 20% of his gross income in any kind of taxes he will fire his accountant and hire another one. Everything has been geared to the wishes of the rich. DUUHH! What else is new?

Weren't you the one pining for the good ol' days when anyone making 300K was in the 90% bracket?

And FYI I'm not a republican in fact I'm not a member of any political flock and Reagan IMO was just another big government dupe saying he was for smaller government

So the revenue increases were caused by too much investment?

lolol. I thought tax increases killed investment.

You once again demonstrate your ignorance of the economy

Clinton was the benefactor of a bubble that luckily burst right after he left office

You dodged the truth. Keep on being you.

The truth that Clinton surfed a stock market bubble out of office

If you think a bubble is caused by investing in healthy market conditions you must have forgotten the dot bomb era and the later housing bubble I suppose that was too much investment as well

s=kull
Seeing as how you seem to believe that Bush was responsible for nothing, how was it that Clinton was responsible for both the high tech bubble and the subsequent collapse.

This ought to be good.

Where did I say Clinton was responsible for anything

I said he got lucky and surfed the dot com bubble out of office

And I don't know why you think I'm a fan of Bush I'm not never was but I guess you're one of those people who have to think in 2 dimensions you know black or white democrat or republican because you cannot fathom more than 2 choices for anything

Bill Clinton was responsible for a couple of things. He raised taxes and balanced the budget, generated surpluses and presided over arguably the best ever peacetime economy. I might mention that he also left office after two terms with a record breaking 66% approval rating:

Final Presidential Job Approval Ratings
Truman - G.W. Bush

Year Interview Dates President
Approval %

1952 Dec. 11-16 Harry S. Truman 32%
1960 Dec. 8-13 Dwight D. Eisenhower 59%
1969 Jan. 1-6 Lyndon B. Johnson 49%
1974 Aug. 2-5 Richard Nixon 24%
1976 Dec. 10-13 Gerald Ford 53%
1980 Dec. 5-8 Jimmy Carter 34%
1988 Dec. 27-29 Ronald Reagan 63%
1993 Jan. 8-11 George Bush 56%
2001 Jan. 10-14 William J. Clinton 66%
2009 Jan. 9-11 George W. Bush 34%
*data excludes presidents who died in office (F. Roosevelt & Kennedy)
data compiled from the Gallup Poll

Last edited:

None of us have a goddamned thing to say about whether or not we will be born, where we will be born, who our parents will be, whether or not we will be mentally sound, whether we will be crippled....thank your lucky stars and shut the phuck up!!

PS....I'm not the least bit impressed by your reference to your money....I have all the money I will ever need and so far it hasn't taken a month off my age.

Sorry boyo but you think that the fucking government has a right to 90% of people's money just because you settled for a life that puts you in no danger of having to pay the taxes you want everyone else to pay isn't my fucking problem

90%?? I'm LMAO! You goddamned Republican pricks think 30% is too much. 'Course you don't think about it too much if you're late for an appointment and a bridge is out on your way.

Since Ronald Reagan slashed tax rates to pre depression levels the infrastructure in this great country has deteriorated to a level which is worse than at any time since the industrial age began. You bastards admire low taxes but you demand high accommodations.....what else is new? It's been happening all my life......'course I'm just 81.

What you people will never admit is that poor people are paying an unbelievable percentage of their income in taxes. When all forms of local, state, government taxes and fees are added together they end up paying a higher percentage of their disposable income in taxes than any rich person. A $0.40 a gallon gasoline tax is nothing to a rich man but to a poor man who has to drive 30 miles a day to and from his work site it can be considerable. A close friend of mind who owns a construction company on the MS gulf coast earning nearly a million dollars a year told me that if he ever has to pay more than 20% of his gross income in any kind of taxes he will fire his accountant and hire another one. Everything has been geared to the wishes of the rich. DUUHH! What else is new?
You have dementia. I started my business during Reagan's term. mostly serving other businesses. The economy was doing very well, if you weren't, it wasn't Reagan's fault.

How much are you costing us a month anyway?

You once again demonstrate your ignorance of the economy

Clinton was the benefactor of a bubble that luckily burst right after he left office

You dodged the truth. Keep on being you.

The truth that Clinton surfed a stock market bubble out of office

If you think a bubble is caused by investing in healthy market conditions you must have forgotten the dot bomb era and the later housing bubble I suppose that was too much investment as well

s=kull
Seeing as how you seem to believe that Bush was responsible for nothing, how was it that Clinton was responsible for both the high tech bubble and the subsequent collapse.

This ought to be good.

Where did I say Clinton was responsible for anything

I said he got lucky and surfed the dot com bubble out of office

And I don't know why you think I'm a fan of Bush I'm not never was but I guess you're one of those people who have to think in 2 dimensions you know black or white democrat or republican because you cannot fathom more than 2 choices for anything

Bill Clinton was responsible for a couple of things. He raised taxes and balanced the budget, generated surpluses and presided over arguably the best ever peacetime economy. I might mention that he also left office after two terms with a record breaking 66% approval rating.

None of that means he didn't get lucky when he caught the wave of the tech bubble while in office

He was also responsible for the deregulation of banks, investment firms and insurance companies that made too big to fail possible

Bill Clinton was responsible for a couple of things. He raised taxes and balanced the budget, generated surpluses and presided over arguably the best ever peacetime economy. I might mention that he also left office after two terms with a record breaking 66% approval rating.
You're confused. That was the congressional Republicans. Clinton did cut the military and finally signed in welfare reform when his feet were held to the fire. 9/11 was also planned out while he was busy playing with his dick.

IDGAF what the so called 1% pay in taxes because in all honesty if they paid more it would not reduce my tax burden and it wouldn't mean more money in your pocket either

In case you forgot I'm a flat tax proponent so I do think we should all be paying the same rate on every dollar of income no matter what the source

How about if the ultra rich get a nice big tax cut and you get a nice big tax increase to help make up the loss of revenue.

You good with that idea?

As to your flat, fair tax. When we all have the same amount of income THEN we can all pay the same amount of tax.

If the flat tax rate was 10% then everyone would pay 10% of their income from the first dollar earned no deductions no exceptions that means no more dependent deductions, no more mortgage deductions no more charitable deductions etc everyone pays the same rate

Get it?

Haven't seen a flat tax proposal that doesn't result in the rich paying significantly less and the working poor paying significantly more

Calling it "fair" does not mean that it is

funny-equality-justice-baseball-fence.jpg

Last edited:
Skull, rathter that you wanting to lower EVERYBODIES tax rate, how about you just concern yourself with lowering your tax rates?

You seem to believe that there is a large group of working men and women who pay zero in Federal income tax.

Why dont you emulate them? Work for less and get more back in refund.

Thats a great idea for you. Cause you sure seem concerned about paying those damn taxes.

You have dementia. I started my business during Reagan's term. mostly serving other businesses. The economy was doing very well, if you weren't, it wasn't Reagan's fault.

How much are you costing us a month anyway?

Well...let's see. My wife and I worked a combined 84 years in the Oak Ridge Nuclear Plants. Between us we draw $4500 in pensions and our social security is about $3500. She's 67 and I'm 81....we should be able to tough it out since we don't owe anybody anything.

You good with that idea?

Get it?

Haven't seen a flat tax proposal that doesn't result in the rich paying significantly less and the working poor paying significantly more

So you think the system is "fair" now?

Where almost half the people pay no income tax and the other half pays it all?

Skull, rathter that you wanting to lower EVERYBODIES tax rate, how about you just concern yourself with lowering your tax rates?

You seem to believe that there is a large group of working men and women who pay zero in Federal income tax.

Thats a great idea for you. Cause you sure seem concerned about paying those damn taxes.

IOW be a lazy fuck like you?

If the rich pay "virtually nothing" in taxes, as liberals continue to claim, how is it that they pay the majority of federal personal income taxes? According to federal income tax data, the top 1% pay about 45% of all federal income taxes. The top 10% pay at least 60% of all federal income taxes. And the top 20% pay over 80% of all federal income taxes.

Top 1% pay nearly half of federal income taxes

Top 10 Percent of Earners Paid 68 Percent of Federal Income Taxes

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax

STEPHEN MOORE: Do the rich pay their fair share of taxes?

Do the rich pay lower taxes than the middle class?

The Rich Pay More than Their Fair Share of Taxes | Economics21

What's more, the top 1% pay around 24% of all federal taxes (income taxes, corporate taxes, tariffs, etc.). The top 10% pay over 50% of all federal taxes.

1 Percenters Pay 24 Percent and Top 10 Percent Pay 53.3 Percent of All Federal Taxes

And this is on top of the huge amount of county and state taxes that the rich pay, especially rich people who own businesses. I have two relatives who own businesses, and I can't believe how much they get soaked in county and state taxes, especially property taxes.

Liberals who go around peddling the kool-aid myth that "the rich pay virtually no taxes" or that "the average rich person pays less than a middle-income earner" obviously don't know any rich people and/or any business owners and are basing these silly claims on grossly misleading "studies" churned out by liberal think tanks and economists.

Liberals do nothing of the sort. At most the liberal refrain has been the wealthy don't pay their fair share. And they don't. Why do we have a tax code as large as we do?

Not Because the working men and women hire lobbyists to wine and dine the Congress to pass tax breaks?

You good with that idea?

Get it?

WHAT????? You mean that those ultra wealthy who have had the benefit of legislation, banking, schooling and inheritance arent paying the same percentage as I am?

That is so unfair. Its also unfair that my dear ole departed Dad didnt leave me a few million dollars either.

Ah well, life is just unfair. And who ever told Skull that life has to be "fair" was full of shit.

You good with that idea?

Get it?

WHAT????? You mean that those ultra wealthy who have had the benefit of legislation, banking, schooling and inheritance arent paying the same percentage as I am?

That is so unfair. Its also unfair that my dear ole departed Dad didnt leave me a few million dollars either.

Ah well, life is just unfair. And who ever told Skull that life has to be "fair" was full of shit.

Hey Moron no one left me anything

My wife and I both come from very meager roots but just because we rose above it and didn't settle like you did you think I should be taxed at a higher rate than the people like you who did settle

Poor skull. Cant defend his position worth a fuck and now has to resort to insults.

To bad there is no way to bet on the accuracy of your opinion of others.

Cause I would like to bet you that what you just wrote about me is all wrong. And I wouldnt mind taking your money on that bet.

You want to risk your money on your mouth?

You good with that idea?

Get it?

We can fix that

Start paying those who do not meet the tax threshold a working wage that does

Poor skull. Cant defend his position worth a fuck and now has to resort to insults.

Cause I would like to bet you that what you just wrote about me is all wrong. And I wouldnt mind taking your money on that bet.

What kind of person tell someone to make less so they can basically go on the dole?

A lazy fuck that's what kind

You good with that idea?

Get it?

Hey Moron no one left me anything

My wife and I both come from very meager roots but just because we rose above it and didn't settle like you did you think I should be taxed at a higher rate than the people like you who did settle

Oh no skull. Somebody left you something. It was the inflated opinion of your self. Somebody left you with the opinion that you are an island. Somebody left you with the opinion that the ultra rich are somehow your better.
Some one left you the opinion that your success has no other people who contributed to it.

I could go on but why? Ive got to put a furnace in ONE of my rentals. Its cold outside.

What kind of person tell someone to make less so they can basically go on the dole?

A lazy fuck that's what kind

Cool. Insults. You want to put your money where your mouth is or not?

You good with that idea?

Get it?

We can fix that

Start paying those who do not meet the tax threshold a working wage that does

No we have to get rid of all the shit in the code that allows refundable tax credits and frivolous deductions and all the social engineering crap that's in the tax code like mortgage deductions and charitable deductions credits for buying a stupid hybrid car etc etc
Then we have to tax every dollar earned no matter where it was earned at exactly the same rate just like we tax everything else

Forum List

Back