The Liberal Myth that the Rich Pay "Virtually No Taxes"

Are fed income taxes the only taxes out there ?? These threads always ignore the fact that there are a shit load of other taxes out there .

The real question is what is the real tax rate of the rich . Whenever some rich guy (usually a politician ) has to reveal his taxes it is always a lot lower than the posted rates because we have so many tax shelters.

So just to be clear, you think that if we bring in corporate and other investment taxes, that means the share the rich pay goes ... down ...?

I'm just annoyed at the constant mantra that the "rich" get socked wh all the taxes and get no benefit put of it.

The rich do get socked with most of the taxes. And who said get "no" benefit. We don't get nearly what we pay, but who said we get "no" benefit. You made that up. And that's your standard? If we get any benefit it justifies whatever we're forced to pay?

Are fed income taxes the only taxes out there ?? These threads always ignore the fact that there are a shit load of other taxes out there .

The real question is what is the real tax rate of the rich . Whenever some rich guy (usually a politician ) has to reveal his taxes it is always a lot lower than the posted rates because we have so many tax shelters.

So just to be clear, you think that if we bring in corporate and other investment taxes, that means the share the rich pay goes ... down ...?

I'm just annoyed at the constant mantra that the "rich" get socked wh all the taxes and get no benefit put of it.
huh?

Timmy just sits in a chair in the corner and chants Marxist rhetoric to himself, no one really knows what he's saying

The rich do get socked with most of the taxes. And who said get "no" benefit. We don't get nearly what we pay, but who said we get "no" benefit. You made that up. And that's your standard? If we get any benefit it justifies whatever we're forced to pay?
The rich pay the most taxes because they have the most money.

And they pay less because the top tax rate is capped.

Your conclusion is a non-sequitur. The nominal rate is capped. You need to understand the difference between the nominal rate and the effective rate

You need to understand that with a capped rate as incomes go up the tax percentage goes down.
how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad

Your conclusion is a non-sequitur. The nominal rate is capped. You need to understand the difference between the nominal rate and the effective rate

You need to understand that with a capped rate as incomes go up the tax percentage goes down.
how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad.

how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad.

Explain to me why their are tax brackets.
I have no idea, it wasn't ever explained. I've asked over the years, but I can't get anyone to define fair.

Fair is when people who earn more than him pay higher rates.

There is nothing less fair than what liberals consider "fair"

huh?

Timmy just sits in a chair in the corner and chants Marxist rhetoric to himself, no one really knows what he's saying
Why are there tax brackets?

how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad

Explain to me why their are tax brackets.
I have no idea, it wasn't ever explained. I've asked over the years, but I can't get anyone to define fair.
Then you admit you don't understand taxes, and should stop acting like you do.

From the guy who doesn't understand the difference between nominal and effective rates ...

They earn more

Not necessarily since you're referring to the nominal rate not the effective rate. Capping the nominal rate does not necessarily mean the effective rate goes down. You obviously don't know what that means, maybe you need to Google the terms.

Here's an example:

Nominal rate for $1M = 38%
Let's say the effective rate is 22%

Then you earn another million and pay 38% on the second million. The effective rate would go up to 30% from 22%.

I totally made up those numbers, I'm just showing you that capping the nominal rate does not mean the effective rate has to go down.

Why are there tax brackets?

So the Federal government can redistribute income.

A national sales tax (like the Fair Tax) would be far better for everyone. But assuming we stay with income taxes, there should be one rate. No minimum, no maximum, no deductions. And 10% should be the maximum rate. You earn a dollar, you pay a dime. You earn $10M, you pay $1M.

Democrats would never go for that. It's not divisive, and your whole game is based on divisive politics

Good lord arguing with Kaz is like arguing with a rock, except they are dumber than the rock. It stopped raining I'm going out for a ride. Have a good one Kaz. I'll rip a wheelie for ya lol

The rich pay the most taxes because they have the most money.

A flat tax would achieve the same result. The progressive taxes cause half the country to pay no taxes and one percent to pay double the share we'd pay based on our income

Good lord arguing with Kaz is like arguing with a rock, except they are dumber than the rock. It stopped raining I'm going out for a ride. Have a good one Kaz. I'll rip a wheelie for ya lol

You've provided zero content, you don't understand the difference between nominal and effective rates and you didn't understand my math showing you that. And you call anyone dumb? LOL

Forum List

Back