The liberal media misses the whole point of the tea party protests !

A 24/7 news network promoting this as if it was the coolest thing ever and the turnout was like this?

The way you can tell what this was about is by looking at the home made signs.

They were all over the place on their issues and spewed alot of hate for anything Democratic.

You dont get to do a doever and declare it was about some one thing.

YOU ARE FRINGE

this "protest" proves it.

Grow up and quit trying to get some crazy assed kid to kill more babies like your Timmy boy did.

YOu lost the election and have a party that is in complete disaray

Try as they might the liberal media: most newspapers primarily the N.Y. TiIMES, the cable news networks: MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, ABC and BET, totally misrepresented the real issue of the April 15th national protests. It wasn't just higher taxes as they portrayed it, it was fiscal irresponsibility, government intrusion into all aspects of our lives: health care, runaway spending, social engineering involving gay marriage, forced abortion providing in all hospitals, failing schools etc. It was a wake up call for Obama and his congress and senate ramming their failed stimulus program through and the inconceivable trillions of debt mortgaging our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It was a clear message that Obama's "change" is NOT the change the millions of protesters thought they were getting. This protest was a call to arms for the 2010 mid term elections where "change" will definitely occur. This days' events show clearly how effective Fox News and talk radio reallly are. The people are getting the message!

Who here would doubt the effectiveness of the Murdoch news outlets on shaping opinions? I don't.
I think the "liberal' media, MSNBC and DailyKos and Huffington, etc, see the Tea Parties as a move by FOX to expand their audience base, gather those people who are unhappy over several issues into one solidified audience, and make them loyal FOX viewers.
Not a grassroots movement. A highly CORPORATE grab at audience and converts and to whip up the base. Don't want the far-right Base to get unmotivated and resigned to being a small minority.
Get them up. Get them outraged over something, Give them something to do.
Cults do the same to augment and handle their their membership.
They will tap into that membership from time to time, especially to hammer away at their REAL threat:
Barack Obama.
His policies being successful scares the crap out of the rightwing establishment.

If Obama succedes the republican party will be dead.

He will succede and they will have nothing left to them.

The only hope the people of the party have is for America to be a mess for decades.

I have very good reasons to hope for the death of the republican party.

I love this country and am tired of the failure the Republicans have given this country.

Taxes have increased. Cigarette tax increased (btw, did cigar taxes increase as well or just ciggies?), sales tax in CA increased to 8 1/4%, Oregon is considering a 2,000%! increase on beer, Obama is proposing tax increases on energy producers (Obama’s Proposed Tax Increase On Energy Producers: A Formula For Failure « PA Pundits - International), and nearly $1 trillion in new taxes over the next 10 years (Obama's Budget: Almost $1 Trillion in New Taxes Over Next 10 yrs, Starting 2011 - Political Punch).

People having Tea Parties to protest increases in taxes and massive spending. What's the problem? Should the people just remain silent? I'm baffled at those who think this is just 'whining rightwings'. You don't think people have a right to voice their discontent with the government? Last I checked the government works for us . . . it would behoove the government to put on their listening ears.

If Obama succedes the republican party will be dead.

He will succede and they will have nothing left to them.

The only hope the people of the party have is for America to be a mess for decades.

I have very good reasons to hope for the death of the republican party.

I love this country and am tired of the failure the Republicans have given this country.

Do you think the Democrats are right on all issues and the Republicans wrong on all issues?

As utopian as that sounds, TM, you can't predict the future any better than those who were certain we'd find stockpiles of phantom WMDs. You probably shouldn't put all of your chips on some economic jackpot becoming Obama's saving grace because none of us knows what is around that corner. Obama is still popular and he is barely into his term. don't kid yourself into thinking that you are impervious to reality just because it feels good to talk shit.

History shows that when you are heading into a huge economic contraction that if the Government cuts spending it adds to the downward slide.

If the Government increases spending it slows it down.

Its simple math people.

It worled before and will work again.

What will you say when it works again?

Taxes have increased. Cigarette tax increased (btw, did cigar taxes increase as well or just ciggies?), sales tax in CA increased to 8 1/4%, Oregon is considering a 2,000%! increase on beer, Obama is proposing tax increases on energy producers (Obama’s Proposed Tax Increase On Energy Producers: A Formula For Failure « PA Pundits - International), and nearly $1 trillion in new taxes over the next 10 years (Obama's Budget: Almost $1 Trillion in New Taxes Over Next 10 yrs, Starting 2011 - Political Punch).

People having Tea Parties to protest increases in taxes and massive spending. What's the problem? Should the people just remain silent? I'm baffled at those who think this is just 'whining rightwings'. You don't think people have a right to voice their discontent with the government? Last I checked the government works for us . . . it would behoove the government to put on their listening ears.

$1 trillion in new tax revenues? Great! Obviously the Obama administration is listening to the folks complaining about deficits, and raising taxes and revenues to lower it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back