The Liberal Global Cooling Scare of the 70s...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
The 1970?s Global Cooling Compilation ? looks much like today | Watts Up With That?

... was not Isolated to one Newsweak cover.

Those who Lived through it know better... or are Lying to you.

It's not as easy to source articles from the past so the Left has been able to Dismiss the limited examples so far as out of the mainstream...

This is why they more and more us Climate Change.

Dishonest to the core.

Has anyone in the media asked al Nobel Gore why the Arctic ice is not only gone as of last Summer like he predicted, instead it grew substantially?...

Of course they haven't.

:)

peace...

I lived through it. The reality is that it was a marginal view, even at the time.

Climate myths: They predicted global cooling in the 1970s - environment - 16 May 2007 - New Scientist

The calls for action to prevent further human-induced global warming, by contrast, are based on an enormous body of research by thousands of scientists over more than a century that has been subjected to intense - and sometimes ferocious - scrutiny. According to the latest IPCC report, it is more than 90% certain that the world is already warming as a result of human activity (see Blame for global warming placed firmly on humankind).

Update: A survey of the scientific literature has found that between 1965 and 1979, 44 scientific papers predicted warming, 20 were neutral and just 7 predicted cooling. So while predictions of cooling got more media attention, the majority of scientists were predicting warming even then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lived through it. The reality is that it was a marginal view, even at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9RygL_bfQM

Climate myths: They predicted global cooling in the 1970s - environment - 16 May 2007 - New Scientist

The calls for action to prevent further human-induced global warming, by contrast, are based on an enormous body of research by thousands of scientists over more than a century that has been subjected to intense - and sometimes ferocious - scrutiny. According to the latest IPCC report, it is more than 90% certain that the world is already warming as a result of human activity (see Blame for global warming placed firmly on humankind).

Update: A survey of the scientific literature has found that between 1965 and 1979, 44 scientific papers predicted warming, 20 were neutral and just 7 predicted cooling. So while predictions of cooling got more media attention, the majority of scientists were predicting warming even then.

Got to love that AGW church propaganda!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9RygL_bfQM

:rofl:

peace...

Trapped research ship, rescue vessel break free of Antarctic ice - World News

How's the Polar Vortex been workin' out for ya?... :rofl:

And of course all Summer Ice in the Arctic is all gone like your God Predicted it would be last Summer, amirite?...

1530312_10202382896806273_1730737318_n.jpg

Joe... Move on to "Climate Change" like the rest of the Dishonest Fucks looking to blame everything on American Greatness.

At least that way EVERY "Extreme" Weather event, Hot or Cold, can be used to Scare the next Generation of Underdeveloped Minds.

peace...

I guess just being a climatologist makes one a flaming lib bent on the destruction of America even if it was decades ago. Amazing.

Nothing like the right wing understanding of "science". True satirical humor at it's best.

It's like saying, "What keeps us on the earth when it's round?" and they answer "round?"

Or like one poster here once told me that evaporation was a "wild" liberal theory when we were talking about where snow comes from.

And of course all Summer Ice in the Arctic is all gone like your God Predicted it would be last Summer, amirite?...

Joe... Move on to "Climate Change" like the rest of the Dishonest Fucks looking to blame everything on American Greatness.

At least that way EVERY "Extreme" Weather event, Hot or Cold, can be used to Scare the next Generation of Underdeveloped Minds.

peace...

Guy, you can get your science from Hate Radio.

I'll get mine from Scientists.

If 95% of scientists in a given field think this REALLY IS A PROBLEM, it probably is.

peace...

Guy, you can get your science from Hate Radio.

I'll get mine from Scientists.

If 95% of scientists in a given field think this REALLY IS A PROBLEM, it probably is.

:rofl:

peace...

I don't usually comment on these threads because climate denial has reached the point of a religious belief among these people, also we are already too far gone to do a thing about it, we are fucked.

I don't usually comment on these threads because climate denial has reached the point of a religious belief among these people, also we are already too far gone to do a thing about it, we are fucked.

"Climate denial"?... :rofl:

Who is Denying "climate"?... :dunno:

As for "Cimate Change"... Nobody denies that... It's a Constant.

What is being Debated is America's part in "causing" it, whatever IT is at any given point in History according the Doomsday Left who want to "do something" about it.

peace...

Nothing like the right wing understanding of "science". True satirical humor at it's best.

It's like saying, "What keeps us on the earth when it's round?" and they answer "round?"

Or like one poster here once told me that evaporation was a "wild" liberal theory when we were talking about where snow comes from.

You really are one of the Dumbest Notherfuckers to ever Waste Bandwidth on algore's Interwebs, you know that?...

peace...

Kid?

We were therem alive and well in the 70s.

I can assure you nobody was truly worried about the ice age.

The tripe sold some newsweeks and times, perhaps, but nobody took it seriously at the time.

The 1970?s Global Cooling Compilation ? looks much like today | Watts Up With That?

... was not Isolated to one Newsweak cover.

Those who Lived through it know better... or are Lying to you.

It's not as easy to source articles from the past so the Left has been able to Dismiss the limited examples so far as out of the mainstream...

This is why they more and more us Climate Change.

Dishonest to the core.

Has anyone in the media asked al Nobel Gore why the Arctic ice is not only gone as of last Summer like he predicted, instead it grew substantially?...

Of course they haven't.

peace...

I Love how they just ignore the link with a Decade's worth of References...

And the Answer is either:

1.) "95% of Scientists agree it's Global Warming..." <<<Prove that, fuckers. :thup:

2.) "No real Scientists thought an Ice Age was coming in the 70's..." In the face of the Contrary, of course.

Please, keep going... It makes my dick hard. :rofl:

peace...

Forum List

Back