The lesbian brain is wired differently

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
When they're pathological liars:

"A USC study has found the first proof of structural brain abnormalities in people who habitually lie, cheat and manipulate others.

While previous research has shown that there is heightened activity in the prefrontal cortex – the area of the brain that enables most people to feel remorse or learn moral behavior – when normal people lie, this is the first study to provide evidence of structural differences in that area among pathological liars.

The research – led by Yaling Yang and Adrian Raine, both of the USC College of Letters, Arts and Sciences – is published in the October issue of the British Journal of Psychiatry.

The subjects were taken from a sample of 108 volunteers pulled from Los Angeles’ temporary employment pool. A series of psychological tests and interviews placed 12 in the category of people who had a history of repeated lying (11 men, one woman); 16 who exhibited signs of antisocial personality disorder but not pathological lying (15 men, one woman); and 21 who were normal controls (15 men, six women)."

Liars' Brains Wired Differently

Lying and anti-social personality go hand in hand.

Something that was already obvious to anyone who has worked in mental health and has observed the left wing liars on this board.

remember you said tehy are wired differently.

Your sure to get in trouble for starting two threads

People lie regardless of their sexuality and political affliation.
Hell, when my son was around 8 -9 years old, he would spew a lie in any given situation if it meant saving his ass. He's since realized he can no longer get away with it.

• Banned
But studies show that lesbians lie more than the general population, and that pathological liars have actual changes in their brains caused by lying.

New data on lesbian, gay and bisexual mental health
New findings overturn previous beliefs.

By TORI DeANGELIS

February 2002, Vol 33, No. 2

Print version: page 46
The results of several breakthrough studies are offering new insights on gay men, lesbians and bisexuals. Among the key findings:

Several studies suggest that gay men, lesbians and bisexuals appear to have higher rates of some mental disorders compared with heterosexuals, although not to the level of a serious pathology. Discrimination may help fuel these higher rates.
A study found lesbians reported equally strong levels of mental health as their heterosexual sisters and higher self-esteem.
A new study of gay and lesbian youth finds that they are only slightly more likely than heterosexual youth to attempt suicide, refuting previous research that suggested much higher rates.
Researchers say these studies demonstrate the need for better, more tailored psychological treatment for lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) people.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb02/newdata.aspx

Last edited:
But studies show that lesbians lie more than the general population, and that pathological liars have actual changes in their brains caused by lying.

I do believe that pathological liars have actual changes in their brains but I don't give a rat's ass if lesbians lie more than the general public.

Again, not new.

More evidence that you must be a lesbian liar.

BTW, it's considered spam to cross post.

I do believe that pathological liars have actual changes in their brains but I don't give a rat's ass if lesbians lie more than the general public.

Well one of the things they lie about is their state of mental health. They lie about attempting suicide.

Weird, I know. But true.

I find it interesting because our two primary liars on this site, Bod and (the now absent) Sky are proud lesbians.

I suspect Splatter is, too. And liewinger.

"A USC study has found the first proof of structural brain abnormalities in people who habitually lie, cheat and manipulate others.

While previous research has shown that there is heightened activity in the prefrontal cortex – the area of the brain that enables most people to feel remorse or learn moral behavior – when normal people lie, this is the first study to provide evidence of structural differences in that area among pathological liars.

The research – led by Yaling Yang and Adrian Raine, both of the USC College of Letters, Arts and Sciences – is published in the October issue of the British Journal of Psychiatry.

The subjects were taken from a sample of 108 volunteers pulled from Los Angeles’ temporary employment pool. A series of psychological tests and interviews placed 12 in the category of people who had a history of repeated lying (11 men, one woman); 16 who exhibited signs of antisocial personality disorder but not pathological lying (15 men, one woman); and 21 who were normal controls (15 men, six women)."

Something that was already obvious to anyone who has worked in mental health and has observed the left wing liars on this board.

Is this chapter one of AllieBabble's Memoirs: The Authoritative Autobiography? :confused:

Are you saying "they were born that way?" I thought the right wing slant on this was that homosexuality was a choice and had nothing to do with genetics. :eusa_shhh:

Immie

Allie, can you show where this article even mentions gay people? :doubt:

The subjects were taken from a sample of 108 volunteers pulled from Los Angeles’ temporary employment pool. A series of psychological tests and interviews placed 12 in the category of people who had a history of repeated lying (11 men, one woman); 16 who exhibited signs of antisocial personality disorder but not pathological lying (15 men, one woman); and 21 who were normal controls (15 men, six women).

“We looked for things like inconsistencies in their stories about occupation, education, crimes and family background,” said Raine, a psychology professor at USC and co-author of the study.

“Pathological liars can’t always tell truth from falsehood and contradict themselves in an interview. They are manipulative and they admit they prey on people. They are very brazen in terms of their manner, but very cool when talking about this.”

Aside from having histories of conning others or using aliases, the habitual liars also admitted to malingering, or telling falsehoods to obtain sickness benefits, Raine said.

After they were categorized, the researchers used Magnetic Resonance Imaging to explore structural brain differences between the groups. The liars had significantly more “white matter” and slightly less “gray matter” than those they were measured against, Raine said.

Specifically, liars had a 25.7 percent increase in prefrontal white matter compared to the antisocial controls and a 22 percent increase compared to the normal controls. Liars had a 14.2 percent decrease in prefrontal gray matter compared to normal controls.

More white matter – the wiring in the brain – may provide liars with the tools necessary to master the complex art of deceit, Raine said.

“Lying takes a lot of effort,” he said.

http://www.usc.edu/uscnews/stories/11655.html

Last edited:

Well one of the things they lie about is their state of mental health. They lie about attempting suicide.

Weird, I know. But true.

I find it interesting because our two primary liars on this site, Bod and (the now absent) Sky are proud lesbians.

I suspect Splatter is, too. And liewinger.

What's more interesting is those two are liberals

Forum List

Back