The legacy of Nixon.

Actually, I think that Nixon was a really good President. He inherited the mess in Vietnam that had been created by Johnson (the absolute worst President ever). He did his best with that, but it was an impossible situation before he took command.

Unfortunately, the whole Watergate thing - the upsurption of Democracy and abuse of power justified his impeachment.

Worst thing about it was that he did not need (nor was close to needing) to break the laws that he did to retain power - he was overwhelming popular at the time.

I thought y'all lefties hated Nixon? Under his watch we landed on the Moon. Nixon opened a dialog with China. It's nice that the left is finally appreciating Nixon.

He started the EPA.
The clean water act.
The endangered species act.

He was pretty thin skinned. Alot like Obama in some ways.

A. Cunning politician- knew Dems would anyway.

B. Batshytte paranoid actually. His legacy, total disrespect for the presidency and politics for 35 years, absolute Pub a-holes who divide, mislead, and make poor dupes hate fellow citizens for political gain.:(:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
He started the EPA.
The clean water act.

B. Batshytte paranoid actually. His legacy, total disrespect for the presidency and politics for 35 years, absolute Pub a-holes who divide, mislead, and make poor dupes hate fellow citizens for political gain.:(:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, but what about Nixon?

Like Reagan, Bush 1 and II?
all 3 ran up massive debt.
Bush II did the pill bill, etc.

Whan was the last republican presidnet that was not a RINO?

Well, they’ve always been Republicans to me: advocates of social justice and progressive legislation, pragmatic administrators of government programs and advocates of responsible governance.

Pity they’re almost all gone now – replaced with ideologues and demagogues.
I thought y'all lefties hated Nixon?

You’ve demonstrated many things you don’t understand and have gotten wrong, in addition to this.

Last edited:
That was Oliver North.

Reagan was among at most the five worst presidents to date. His legacy also qualifies as that of a RINO.

I am fairly certain that you have a private definition for the word 'worst'.
And you would be wrong, as is often the case.

ps said:
He was certainly the worst president the USSR ever encountered.
Brilliant idea to bankrupt both countries with the Cold War buildup.

ps said:
Are you a commie?
Commies believe in the violent overthrow of governments. I don't.

If you're looking for folks like that, go to a Tea Party rally. :lol:

He started the EPA.
The clean water act.

B. Batshytte paranoid actually. His legacy, total disrespect for the presidency and politics for 35 years, absolute Pub a-holes who divide, mislead, and make hate fellow citizens for political gain.:(:eusa_whistle:

Thin skinned? Nixon? LBJ bailed out of VietNam and left Nixon holding the bag. LBJ's dirty tricks were legend. He had Barry Goldwater's plane bugged. True to form the leftie so-called investigative reporters were sleeping during the corrupt LBJ administration. What if the investigative reporter son of a KKK activist investigated Clinton or Obama and used a undisclosed so-called informant to make up stories? The left would be outraged. Karl Marx Bernstein was the son of card carrying communists who were investigated by Nixon when he was a government lawyer. Bernstein hated Nixon. How could a team of Washington Post reporters get away with an undisclosed informant kept secret for 35 years until he died and could not answer questions? The left broke all the rules when they brought down the Nixon administration. It was their finest hour and they relive it every time they get into political trouble.

Forum List

Back