The Left's state of denial

Is the country more conservative than it was 20 years ago? No. 100 years ago? No.

Liberalism always wins in the long run. It is conservatism that is in perpetual denial.

The reason that's so true is that once you take the leap from ideology (which revs up the herd) into the real world, it's not so easy. Ideology doesn't put food on the table or mend broken bones.

It did for 250 years......as we grew to be the strongest, most free most properous and most generous nation in the world.

Now, as liberalism is applied, we are becoming one of the fattest, laziest and most dependent nations.

Gee....I wonder if dependancy on government has anything to do with it. I wonder if being told..."there, there, the government will help you out...it is not your fault that you signed that contract without reading it..."...has anything to do with it.

yeah, that's the reason people are getting fatter, they are relying on the gov't. (rolleyes) how can you make such an absurd argument that anybody who supports assistance to those in need from the gov't means they want a hand out and want money for nothing. It's such a dishonest bullshit reason. If you afre against spending that's fine, but claiming those that are not totally against some of the spending means they are lazya nd just want a handout is totally dishonest. Supporting assistance programs does not mean the person has or ever will get a handout or the assistance

But hey, instead of take into account why americans are overweight than other countries, lets just make up a simple

The reason that's so true is that once you take the leap from ideology (which revs up the herd) into the real world, it's not so easy. Ideology doesn't put food on the table or mend broken bones.

It did for 250 years......as we grew to be the strongest, most free most properous and most generous nation in the world.

Now, as liberalism is applied, we are becoming one of the fattest, laziest and most dependent nations.

Gee....I wonder if dependancy on government has anything to do with it. I wonder if being told..."there, there, the government will help you out...it is not your fault that you signed that contract without reading it..."...has anything to do with it.

yeah, that's the reason people are getting fatter, they are relying on the gov't. (rolleyes) how can you make such an absurd argument that anybody who supports assistance to those in need from the gov't means they want a hand out and want money for nothing. It's such a dishonest bullshit reason. If you afre against spending that's fine, but claiming those that are not totally against some of the spending means they are lazya nd just want a handout is totally dishonest. Supporting assistance programs does not mean the person has or ever will get a handout or the assistance

But hey, instead of take into account why americans are overweight than other countries, lets just make up a simple

I'd suggest you cut this into MS Word and run a spell check.

Anger is the word for it and the liberals keep drinking the Jonestown Kool-aid. November 2010 is going to be a bloodbath for them. It won't be a pretty sight.

It's pretty damned funny right now, though, watching so many of them run for it before they can be humiliated in the elections.

Nice rhetoric. Auditioning for a show on FOX?

I submit that the left is in denial. They continue to regurgitate the same failed talking points of the current POTUS out of sheer blind loyalty. And for what?
Your post is entirely made of tired talking points. What makes yours more valid than someone elses?
The Left in this country continues to push for their radical agenda when Americans have overwhelmingly rejected their agenda.
What agenda would that be? How has it be "overwhelmingly rejected"?
It escapes the common lefty that Americans are NOT stupid and anyone that manages a personal budget can tell you that you CANNOT spend your way out of debt.
But a large number of economists will tell you that spending is in fact what brought us out of the Great Depression.

This is new?
Government has always been corrupt, and people have always been pissed off about it. What about the millions people across the country that protested the Iraq war? More of them than there are "tea partiers".

Really? How exactly?

Plenty of economists disagree with you.

Oh, you mean like I'm mocking you for regurgitating Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh?
No, they have a vision - you just don't agree with it.
and they continue to push an agenda that will strip this country of it's greatness by pushing to tax everyone into oblivion and spend the wealth it took this country over 200 years to amass.
What taxes have gone up?
How will higher taxes "strip this country of it's greatness"?
What "wealth"? We've been in debt for a half a century - I think that "wealth" has already been spent a long time ago.
There is nothing redeeming about those on the left. They are thieves and liars with a malicious goal of turning the U.S into a third world country. America does not want the future you have planned for this country. It wants prosperity and freedom. Not poverty and slavery.
I must have missed when we all had that meeting and decided that you were going to speak for "America".
And for those of you on the left that think we will stop being angry in time to save your obama man. Don't count on it. America is awake and she is going to shake free the democrat fleas that have infested her for too long. It is time for a reckoning and the democrats are going to pay for their treachery. And if you can't see that, then you are in denial.
Beautiful imagery. Great prose. Not much for substance though.

Now, if you have any facts, feel free to show them. Or you can keep parroting - it's up to you.

I have two things to say to you. First, name one of these economists you keep braying about who think massive government spending is the way to prosperity, and provide a quote. Second, :rofl: .

That is all.

Last edited:
Is the country more conservative than it was 20 years ago? No. 100 years ago? No.

Liberalism always wins in the long run. It is conservatism that is in perpetual denial.

The country doesn't need to be more conservative. It's center-right to begin with. And liberalism doesn't "always win in the long run". It manages to bullshit people every so often, when they've managed to forget what a disaster leftists are, and then makes such a mess that people run away in droves. Hence the coming 2010 elections.

Or are you seriously trying to tell us you think this fall will be a sweeping victory for the Democrats?

I'd suggest you cut this into MS Word and run a spell check.

dont' care, this isn't a printed publication but typical, no argument.

You didnt. That would be Joe Biden saying this.
YouTube - Biden: Avoid bankruptcy-spend more $

I agree it is a straw man argument, as long as you agree that JoeBiden's head is filled with straw.

People keep equating government spending to their own spending habits. Well here's a perfect example of what Biden means (I know, I know, it's difficult for some of you to comprehend anything beyond simple snippets).

Let's say you're starting a small business that will make some computer accessory and you've only got enough money to bankroll it for six months while you set up the operation and continue your day job for six months. You go to the Small Business Administration and get a loan in order to build up your business until it begins making a profit, and then eventually if you are successful, you can pay back that loan easily. You tighten the belt in areas that are unnecessary to the success of the business, and use the loan to "put fat in at the beginning," risking that with good management, eventually that investment will indeed pay off.

With the stimulus bill (and health care bill, actually), the government is trying to do the same thing, putting fat in at the beginning in order to reap the benefits down the road. It's a no-brainer.

Unlike a business, the government is not investing in order to improve the economy, it is spending money we don't have on shit we cannot afford. A more accurate example would be comparing our government to an individual earning, say £20k per annum, and spending $30k, $15 of which is on luxury items they don't need but really, really want.

The government, unlike a business, does not end up in profit, just an ever increasing debt that your great grandchildren will despise you for.

Bullshit. The ol' our-great-grandchildren-will-suffer mantra has been heard for decades, since I was a child at least, and now here I am a great grandchild. I don't recall my life ever being dramatically altered because of ANY government program OR tax increases. We're still the wealthiest, richest country on earth, and American lifestyle is and always has been almost decadent by comparison and I'm but a member of the middle class.

Or perhaps the new robber barons who hauled people off the streets and told them not to worry about not being able to afford the mortgage; that they would be able to refinance or resell in a heartbeat?

Your side of that argument is but one, my friend. The stronger evidence points to the crooks and liars who roped those people in as the perpetrators of the collapse of the housing market, together with the financial institutions who had no clue that those bad mortgages were being packaged into securities to be bought and sold like commodies.

Anger is the word for it and the liberals keep drinking the Jonestown Kool-aid. November 2010 is going to be a bloodbath for them. It won't be a pretty sight.

It's pretty damned funny right now, though, watching so many of them run for it before they can be humiliated in the elections.

You must be referring to the GOP. They have more politicians retiring this year than the Democrats. Just sayin'.

Cecilie1200 said:
;2024736]
Nice rhetoric. Auditioning for a show on FOX?

I submit that the left is in denial. They continue to regurgitate the same failed talking points of the current POTUS out of sheer blind loyalty. And for what?
Your post is entirely made of tired talking points. What makes yours more valid than someone elses?

What agenda would that be? How has it be "overwhelmingly rejected"?

But a large number of economists will tell you that spending is in fact what brought us out of the Great Depression.

This is new?
Government has always been corrupt, and people have always been pissed off about it. What about the millions people across the country that protested the Iraq war? More of them than there are "tea partiers".

Really? How exactly?

Plenty of economists disagree with you.

Oh, you mean like I'm mocking you for regurgitating Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh?
No, they have a vision - you just don't agree with it.

What taxes have gone up?
How will higher taxes "strip this country of it's greatness"?
What "wealth"? We've been in debt for a half a century - I think that "wealth" has already been spent a long time ago.

I must have missed when we all had that meeting and decided that you were going to speak for "America".
And for those of you on the left that think we will stop being angry in time to save your obama man. Don't count on it. America is awake and she is going to shake free the democrat fleas that have infested her for too long. It is time for a reckoning and the democrats are going to pay for their treachery. And if you can't see that, then you are in denial.
Beautiful imagery. Great prose. Not much for substance though.

Now, if you have any facts, feel free to show them. Or you can keep parroting - it's up to you.

I have two things to say to you. First, name one of these economists you keep braying about who think massive government spending is the way to prosperity, and provide a quote. Second, :rofl: .

That is all.

As the poster said, all you have to do is read a history of how the country pulled out of the great depression. There ARE many economists who believe that public projects are the only way to jump start the economy again. Private industry doesn't seem to be able to sustain itself back to the level needed, so what other choice is there?

The country doesn't need to be more conservative. It's center-right to begin with. And liberalism doesn't "always win in the long run". It manages to bullshit people every so often, when they've managed to forget what a disaster leftists are, and then makes such a mess that people run away in droves. Hence the coming 2010 elections.

Or are you seriously trying to tell us you think this fall will be a sweeping victory for the Democrats?

So what drove people away from Reagan/Bush41 and back to "liberalism"?? What drove people away from Bush43 and gave the Democrats a huge majority? Could it be that Republicans (conservatives) fucked up? The upcoming midterms will definitely see some Republican gains, and that's good. There should never be a majority in all three because it leads to extreme animosity and division.

Or perhaps the new robber barons who hauled people off the streets and told them not to worry about not being able to afford the mortgage; that they would be able to refinance or resell in a heartbeat?

Your side of that argument is but one, my friend. The stronger evidence points to the crooks and liars who roped those people in as the perpetrators of the collapse of the housing market, together with the financial institutions who had no clue that those bad mortgages were being packaged into securities to be bought and sold like commodies.

You are referring to those that made 5 or 6 figure decisions based on the advice of the person that makes money if they go for it?

Those that wanted to save 300 a month on a 30 year mortgage....or about $120,000...... but were not willing to spring for the 300 bucks to get legal advice?

You mean those victims ?

Or are you talking about those that looked at credit card applications and said "I am too lazy to read the fine print" and signed them anyway....maybe you are referring to them?

Or are you referring to those that were anxious to have their money make easy money for them by investing it into "sure things', but ultimately lost the gamble as the sure thing was not such a sure thing.

You mean those victims?

Or maybe those pooor folks that asked for NINJA loans so they can lie about their income and job history and not get caught and get that mortgage that they so badly wanted but knew that their real income and job history would not be accepoted as it would not support the terms of the mortgage.

Maybe THOSE are the victims you are referring to?

Please tell me....which ones are you referring to?

The Cheap ones who would not hire a lawyer
The lazy ones who would not read the fine print
The gamblers who tried to make easy money
or the liars who lied on an affidavit (mortgage application)

Which ones?"

Predators will die if there is no prey.

Greed is what created the prey....nothing else.

The prey should learn from their mistakes and the predators will die....as there will be no prey.

Or....

Simply eliminate the possibility of predatrors....but at the cost of liberties of those that played by the rules...and did not become prey......and of course....there would be no lesson learned.

Should we simply cut out eating hot food so there is no such thing as a hot stove?

Or should we let people find out the stove is hot the hard way...so they never do it again.

What to do...what to do.

in fact

the country is much more liberal than it ever was!

40 years ago gays were very much in the closet.
Very few people would have accepted gay rights in ANY form

today, gays are out and about everywhere!
recent polls indicate that 60+% of the country would accept gay SPOUSAL BENEFITS
gays are on tv, with their very own shows
they are our children, our friends, our neighbors and co-workers

40 years ago it was still very much frowned upon for blacks and whites to marry

today, interracial relationships are normal and nobody bats an eye

15 years ago when shannon faulkner was the first female to be admitted to the Citadel conservatives wet t hemselves as they shrieked about the folly of women in the military.
They physically and emotionall abused that poor woman at the citadel

today...women are in EVERY military institute
in all the armed forces

and nobody cares!

gays, women and blacks are in PROMINENT and POWERFUL positions in business, the military, the government

all over the country people are re-thinking antiquated and dangerously authoritarian and UNCONSTITUTIONALLY PUNITIVE policies on pot

witches and wiccans are not afraid to come out of their closet
and atheists are on the rise, claiming about 15% of the population

people are waiting longer before they marry
many people are not even bothering to marry, choosing instead to just live together
everyone has sex before marriage
and divorce is much easier to get and does not carry the stigma it once did
very few people suffer through bad marriages anymore

seems to me that the REAL TRUTH about America is that we are becoming MORE liberal all the time

even conservatives are more liberal today than they were 20 years ago

I see a lot of anger in the country today as well, more than I have seen before.
I do not agree with the op that is all directed at the left though. I see it as being directed at those that hold office, especially career politicians. It's just that democrats hold most of the offices right now, thats all.
I don't even believe all democrats are liberal, or that all republicans are conservative. That line of thinking is simply what plays out the best in the media.

I do think that 2010 elections will be a 'bloodbath' for democrats, but only because they have a majority of incumbents. If the situation were reversed, I think the same fate would befall the republicans.

I have never belonged to a party, never voted for incumbents and never will.
I have been ahead of my time on this my whole life.

So what drove people away from Reagan/Bush41 and back to "liberalism"?? What drove people away from Bush43 and gave the Democrats a huge majority? Could it be that Republicans (conservatives) fucked up? The upcoming midterms will definitely see some Republican gains, and that's good. There should never be a majority in all three because it leads to extreme animosity and division.

I seem to recall that Mr. Obama did not run on a platform of liberalism. To the contrary, he made it quite clear that he was a moderate...

If you recall, people voted for Mr. Obama based on his promise that he was a moderate.
They voted for him based on his one promise that he was going to "Change the way things are done in Washington"

People were not running away from conservatism...they were running away from the way things are done in washington.

If he ran on a platform of "liberalism"...with "larger debt" and "higher deficit" and "more pork in bills"....and "entitlement programs"....and "2000 page bills with no time to read them"...and "back room deals with special interest groups"......I highly doubt he would have won the votes of independants.....

He won by lying...as most politicians do.

Dont make it more complicated than it is.

People keep equating government spending to their own spending habits. Well here's a perfect example of what Biden means (I know, I know, it's difficult for some of you to comprehend anything beyond simple snippets).

Let's say you're starting a small business that will make some computer accessory and you've only got enough money to bankroll it for six months while you set up the operation and continue your day job for six months. You go to the Small Business Administration and get a loan in order to build up your business until it begins making a profit, and then eventually if you are successful, you can pay back that loan easily. You tighten the belt in areas that are unnecessary to the success of the business, and use the loan to "put fat in at the beginning," risking that with good management, eventually that investment will indeed pay off.

With the stimulus bill (and health care bill, actually), the government is trying to do the same thing, putting fat in at the beginning in order to reap the benefits down the road. It's a no-brainer.

That's utter bullshit but typical thinking from the Left, which never created wealth in their lives.
A more apt comparison is the guy who starts a business and keeps borrowing money from his wife's 401k to pump into it. Eventually the wife runs out of money and the business never makes a dime.
Government does not make a dime. Government does not earn anything. Government can only take from one party and give it to another. Any talk of "multiplier effect" is nonsense: there is no such thing. So they can only spend by taking from someone else who of course cannot spend that money.

The Left in this country continues to push for their radical agenda when Americans have overwhelmingly rejected their agenda. It escapes the common lefty that Americans are NOT stupid and anyone that manages a personal budget can tell you that you CANNOT spend your way out of debt. Americans EVERYWHERE are sick and tired of watching these crooks in D.C run this country and it's future into the ground while they make themselves and their buddies rich off the backs of our countries future.

In my life time, I have never seen the American people so angry. I have never seen them so mobilized and eager to clean up our government. And the democrats have in one year tilted so far left that it easy to see the difference between the two parities. The Left is crazy. Their ideals do not work, and it is insanity to think that raising the debt to the levels NEVER seen on this planet; and growing the government into an uncontrollable monster will some how fix our economy.

The arrogance of those on the left highlights what is wrong with them. And if they didn't have the media structure in place to perpetuate their fallacies they would be shunned and mocked as the loons they prove to be everyday. They are dangerous because they lack a coherent and effective vision for the future and they continue to push an agenda that will strip this country of it's greatness by pushing to tax everyone into oblivion and spend the wealth it took this country over 200 years to amass.

There is nothing redeeming about those on the left. They are thieves and liars with a malicious goal of turning the U.S into a third world country. America does not want the future you have planned for this country. It wants prosperity and freedom. Not poverty and slavery.

Aren't you a drama queen?? Tell me, what awful things did Dems do that "infested" America?? In case you don't know, Bush was a Repulsive, not a Democrat. Clinton was a very good prez and Obama has 3 years to go. So what are you talking about???

frankly, i could care less if the left ever catches on. I urge them to continue down their current path as it will lead them into obscurity. American's are angry, and they are angry with an out of control, corrupt government that continues to spit in the faces of the people that allow them to exist. Denial is not a river in egypt, it is the current state of those on the left.

$hot-dog-final-255x285.jpghot dog.jpg

Drinking the koolaid?
First Bush was the messiah of the right, then Palin, Joe the plumber, now Brown is the latest "Jim Jones" for their party.
Who is the next one?

Forum List

Back