The left trying to shut down free speech

The President is trying shut down free speech.

There is another aspect to the security clearances issues. What if one is a member of the Trump administration like Bruce Ohr? What if one is a diligent public servant in the DOJ, the FBI, within the sixteen-member United States Intelligence Community, or a part of the Mueller investigation, and Trump doesn't like what one is doing?

Will those people lose their security clearance, and subsequently their jobs which require a security clearance? Is every member of the federal government subject to Trump's scrutiny, and if he doesn't like what one is doing, one will suffer consequences?

Trump isn't targeting Brennan and nine others. Trump is targeting every employee of the federal government as is the case of Bruce Ohr.

But if it was happening liberals, I for some reason don’t think you would have the same feelings would you?

That's just it...it is happening right before their eyes and they don't see it. And if they did, they'd be happy about it until it happens to them

The President is trying shut down free speech.

There is another aspect to the security clearances issues. What if one is a member of the Trump administration like Bruce Ohr? What if one is a diligent public servant in the DOJ, the FBI, within the sixteen-member United States Intelligence Community, or a part of the Mueller investigation, and Trump doesn't like what one is doing?

Will those people lose their security clearance, and subsequently their jobs which require a security clearance? Is every member of the federal government subject to Trump's scrutiny, and if he doesn't like what one is doing, one will suffer consequences?

Trump isn't targeting Brennan and nine others. Trump is targeting every employee of the federal government as is the case of Bruce Ohr.

Ok....so how is Trump trying to shut down free speech....be specific?

I hate to say this , but perfect example is the "N" word. Why is that even an issue? I know the USMB rules. I despise that word, not defending it's usage. Plenty of other words offend, to the same degree. Or worse. But boy howdy, poop darn heck, you can say anything else that offends. That thick chitinous hide of experience makes us immune from slights and slanders, even the "N' word even. When a black boy shouts out "Yo (censored) " over a public intercom at Walmart, what is the big deal? Why is this even an issue?

Last edited:
Private institutions can't shut down your right to free speech. Only the government can.

B'loney. You display a common misunderstanding of the 1st A. Just because the Bill of Rights limits government power to infringe on an individual's freedom of speech, that doesn't mean that only the government can infringe said freedom.

Private sector actors who dox, deplatform, intimidate etc. are doing a great deal of damage to Free Speech.

So....that means anyone has a right to say anything anywhere? Because I would disagree. Private entities have the right to set standards within their establishments or among their employees. Where it gets sticky is when they attempt to enforce it outside of employment.

That's a bit of a leap. At work, one is obligated to comply with the company's policies regarding proper behavior (unless of course, you are multi-millionaire football player for the NFL, apparently).

A near monopoly platform that claims exemption from regulations regarding content can't then turn around and censor perfectly legal content. These platforms all have ways for people who don't want to "listen" to block and ignore others. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that others have to listen. But a desire not to listen should not be a justification for censorship.

I suggest you read up on Reign of Terror during the French Revolution to get a grip on where this is headed.

Forum List

Back