The Left Only Cares About Servicemen Before War Starts

Interestingly enough, it was a veteran who talked Kaepernick to go from sitting down on the bench, to taking a knee. His name is Nate Boyer, and he's a former Green Beret. Kinda makes me wonder how this can be disrespectful to the military, when Kaepernick was told by a military member that taking a knee was better than sitting on the bench.

Here's how Nate Boyer got Colin Kaepernick to go from sitting to kneeling

In the 49ers' final preseason game, backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick decided to kneel for the national anthem instead of taking a seat on the bench.

Turns out it was former Seahawks player and Green Beret Nate Boyer who talked Kap into making the change. Boyer wrote an open letter to Kaepernick earlier this season, and it caused the two to meet up and discuss America and honoring the anthem.

On the upcoming episode of HBO's "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" (airing Tuesday night at 10 p.m. ET), Boyer reveals what happened in the discussion between the two men.

"We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates," Boyer says. "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."

And, here's a link to the letter that he wrote to Kaepernick....................

A Green Beret who played in the NFL writes Colin Kaepernick a letter

Even if true, it still kills your premise.One party proposed to help veterans, the other side blocked it.The opposite parties of your claim.

Current events escape you I see

-Geaux
They don't escape me at all but since your claim was that the left doesn't care and your link also stated this
strong support from both parties
It stills kills your premise. So after the GOP blocked the democrats from helping, Trump decided to do something about it. Something that is one of the few things that he did that has bipartisan support, you claim the left is anti veterans. How does that help your claim?

Again, the Democrats had no way to pay for the bill. And they knew it would not go anywhere due to this fact. It was only a ploy so the left could say what you're saying right now. Oh, the evil Republicans.

But back to the topic

Why does the left support disrespecting our fallen like the NFL?

-Geaux
See that flag on the bottom of your post. That's the flag of citizens rising up in armed rebellion against the state, yet here you are proudly displaying it's flag. I don't care that you do, it's your right. But if you feel you have a right to stand up for a cause that ended up with the death of over 600000 of its citizens. Then you should equally support a symbolic gesture like taking the knee during a song. Something by the way, you aren't capable of tying as disrespecting the fallen. His stated purpose was protesting against police brutality and racial inequality. How you choose to look at it is your business.

Then he picked the wrong forum to conduct his protest. Totally ineffective. Cost him his job. And the NFL is taking a hit for it $$$$$

Better served protesting the police that protected him at the Stadium and on the sidelines.

If I have a problem with my mechanic I don't protest in front of the plumbers office

-Geaux
If you have a very public way of protesting why would you do it in private? He got the entire country speaking about it. That's about as big of an impact a single person conducting non violent protest can hope to achieve. At great personal sacrifice as you pointed out.

then after the battles have been waged, they despise them.

We see it here all the time. They state 'why don't you go fight instead of offering up young Americans'. They also parrot the obvious horror of war and how our people who volunteer are being used as pawns

then

they could give a shit. They are all for dictators and NFL losers who disrespect our flag, and military fallen.

Totally disgusting

-Geaux

So we are going to the Anti-Soldier thing again...Happened when people objected Bush's war too...and then you all threw him under the bus..

Current events escape you I see

-Geaux
They don't escape me at all but since your claim was that the left doesn't care and your link also stated this
strong support from both parties
It stills kills your premise. So after the GOP blocked the democrats from helping, Trump decided to do something about it. Something that is one of the few things that he did that has bipartisan support, you claim the left is anti veterans. How does that help your claim?

Again, the Democrats had no way to pay for the bill. And they knew it would not go anywhere due to this fact. It was only a ploy so the left could say what you're saying right now. Oh, the evil Republicans.

But back to the topic

-Geaux
See that flag on the bottom of your post. That's the flag of citizens rising up in armed rebellion against the state, yet here you are proudly displaying it's flag. I don't care that you do, it's your right. But if you feel you have a right to stand up for a cause that ended up with the death of over 600000 of its citizens. Then you should equally support a symbolic gesture like taking the knee during a song. Something by the way, you aren't capable of tying as disrespecting the fallen. His stated purpose was protesting against police brutality and racial inequality. How you choose to look at it is your business.

Then he picked the wrong forum to conduct his protest. Totally ineffective. Cost him his job. And the NFL is taking a hit for it $$$$$

Better served protesting the police that protected him at the Stadium and on the sidelines.

If I have a problem with my mechanic I don't protest in front of the plumbers office

-Geaux
If you have a very public way of protesting why would you do it in private? He got the entire country speaking about it. That's about as big of an impact a single person conducting non violent protest can hope to achieve. At great personal sacrifice as you pointed out.

He got I would think a majority of the country pissed off. At least, NFL fans.

In full disclosure, I have no issue the way the Dallas Cowboys handled it last night. They knelt before, then stood during the Anthem. St Louis had no kneelers

Again, since they have chose the wrong forum it is clear the message, if it is indeed sent to law enforcement, is lost in the translation. It's all about the flag and our servicemen

-Geaux

Then how come its the right (including YOU) that votes to take benefits away from our vets? And against jobs and housing for our vets and their families? Why did pino trump attack the parents of a fallen soldier and POW?

Remember that pino trump said that not getting a sexually transmitted disease was his Vietnam.

Did you know that Queen Elizabeth has more military time that the entire trump klan combined?

Deflection noted

Khan went political and attacked Mr Trump at the Convention. At that time, Mr Khan took the gloves off and got what he deserved

-Geaux
I can understand a trumpanzee considers offering trump a copy of the Constitution would be an "attack". That makes total sense coming from trumpanzee-land.

Why don't they protest the police instead of the flag and our National Anthem?

-Geaux

Actually the taking of a knee was actually suggested to Colin Kaepernick by an ex Green Beret.

He said that what they used to do for fallen comrades...

I personally don't think it is right but I understand where they come from and I has been very effective at getting their message out there...

Then how come its the right (including YOU) that votes to take benefits away from our vets? And against jobs and housing for our vets and their families? Why did pino trump attack the parents of a fallen soldier and POW?

Remember that pino trump said that not getting a sexually transmitted disease was his Vietnam.

Did you know that Queen Elizabeth has more military time that the entire trump klan combined?

Deflection noted

Khan went political and attacked Mr Trump at the Convention. At that time, Mr Khan took the gloves off and got what he deserved

-Geaux
I can understand a trumpanzee considers offering trump a copy of the Constitution would be an "attack". That makes total sense coming from trumpanzee-land.

-Geaux

Actually the taking of a knee was actually suggested to Colin Kaepernick by an ex Green Beret.

I personally don't think it is right but I understand where they come from and I has been very effective at getting their message out there...

Well, Kaepernick was protesting all the young blacks who had been killed by cops, so taking a knee as protest to remember those who fell before is actually kinda appropriate.

Deflection noted

-Geaux

-Geaux

Well, Kaepernick was protesting all the young blacks who had been killed by cops, so taking a knee as protest to remember those who fell before is actually kinda appropriate.

I'm sorry. Comparing black thugs who are shot by LEO is far different than remembering a fallen servicemen. Not even in the same hemisphere

-Geaux

You know this

Conferderate_Flag2.gif

isn't our flag, don't you?​

Its the flag of losers so maybe it really is his flag.

I fly the flag out of respect for my grandfather (3x) who was a medic released at Vicksburg

-Geaux

@https://i.redd.it/jwjnwosihfix.jpg

You HONOR him by putting that piddly little gif?

Yore grandaddy must be just so effing proud.

But, that really lame.

Deflection noted

-Geaux

-Geaux

I'm sorry. Comparing black thugs who are shot by LEO is far different than remembering a fallen servicemen. Not even in the same hemisphere

-Geaux

He was protesting police brutality as well as the unlawful murder of Blacks who were following the instructions of the cops.

Surely you would agree that's a just cause.

Right?

But back to the topic

-Geaux

-Geaux

He got I would think a majority of the country pissed off. At least, NFL fans.

In full disclosure, I have no issue the way the Dallas Cowboys handled it last night. They knelt before, then stood during the Anthem. St Louis had no kneelers

Again, since they have chose the wrong forum it is clear the message, if it is indeed sent to law enforcement, is lost in the translation. It's all about the flag and our servicemen

-Geaux
The reason it's lost in translation is because Republicans warped it. If you make a stated issue about something else, a certain segment of the populace will run with it. If you push someone, the person falling is your responsibility isn't it? If Kapearneck says I'm protesting police brutality and you guys claim, no you're protesting the flag and servicemen who is making it about flag and servicemen? I find it so interesting that you don't see the irony in that. If you feel that there is no duality in celebrating the confederate flag and being a patriot, why do you feel that protesting the national anthem makes a person unpatriotic? And what makes you the last word over what a form of protest means, over the stated objective of the person protesting?

We see it here all the time. They state 'why don't you go fight instead of offering up young Americans'. They also parrot the obvious horror of war and how our people who volunteer are being used as pawns

then

they could give a shit. They are all for dictators and NFL losers who disrespect our flag, and military fallen.

Totally disgusting

-Geaux

Oh, really? The whole left, everyone of the left thinks in exactly the same way.

they dont even care then

have you ever strolled though some of the blunders

in the past on the vets and family pages of the dnc handboook

--LOL

then

Totally disgusting

-Geaux
How about the right being so cavalier about putting our troops in harms way for corporate profit and gain?

then

Totally disgusting

-Geaux
How about the right being so cavalier about putting our troops in harms way for corporate profit and gain?

Thanks billy for making one of my points expressed

-Geaux

Forum List

Back