The left mocks your desire to protect....

Yes, we rightfully mock those who prepare for the day when they have to take up arms against their country

In case you haven't realized, the United States is not Palestine. We have had a working Constitutional Republic for over 235 years. We extend rights to our citizens that are the envy of the world

We're not talking about Palestine, we are talking about Israel...a constitutional parliamentary representative government that is seventy year old, with a court system to mete out justice and resolve grievances.

But the left supports the side of this conflict that IGNORES these apparatus and KILLS innocent civilians in terrorist attack in the furtherance of their political ambitions.

And out of the other side of their collective mouths they claim that there is NO POSSIBLE situation where a people should even CONSIDER that a government of the United States, at some future date, could become so corrupted and oppressive that it's citizens, after exhausting peaceful means, may have to fight to defend their liberties from despotism.

Your fantasies about taking up arms against our country is an insult to all Americans

I'm sure this same sentiment was expressed by many loyal British colonialist.

Your shortsightedness is duly noted...there is a future beyond the current administration, and the next, and the next after that...and every year the government, it's bureaucratic leaders, it's elected leaders, and even our elected representative become more and more corrupt.

And the High Court has made it's share of terrible decisions, Dred Scott being one of the most egregious.

The most ironic part of the entire gun debate is the same folks who do not trust their fellow citizens with firearms, have complete trust in the government...a government both lead and run by the same citizens they don't trust to handle a simple semi-automatic rifle.

British colonialists did not have 235 years of freedom to fall back on. They also lacked the court protected rights of a Constitution. The American Revolution was not a revolution of a bunch of pissed off gun owners. It was a revolution of individual colonies who formed not only well regulated militias but the Continental Army

As a citizen, you have time tested options to protect your rights. Your gun has never been one of them

You are mistaken...they were a bunch of pissed off gun owners...that were organized into militias.

Had the colonists been disarmed, or a better analogy, the colonist were armed with musket and the British were armed with machine guns, there would have never been a Revolution. The British could have raise the taxes three fold...with no fear of retaliation.

THAT my friend, is why I defend the right to bear arms that are only one step down from the military.

As for the rest, it's interesting to debate, but has nothing to do with this OP.

I've copied it and I'll paste it into a new thread in Military...we can debate it this evening if you which...I have some work to do today.

EDIT: The thread is open...be back later.

Last edited:
This thread...back to the OP.

How can the left support Palestinian people that use violence to (in their opinion) throw off oppression while at the same time claiming no right exists to use force to throw off oppression?

Yes, we rightfully mock those who prepare for the day when they have to take up arms against their country

In case you haven't realized, the United States is not Palestine. We have had a working Constitutional Republic for over 235 years. We extend rights to our citizens that are the envy of the world

We're not talking about Palestine, we are talking about Israel...a constitutional parliamentary representative government that is seventy year old, with a court system to mete out justice and resolve grievances.

But the left supports the side of this conflict that IGNORES these apparatus and KILLS innocent civilians in terrorist attack in the furtherance of their political ambitions.

And out of the other side of their collective mouths they claim that there is NO POSSIBLE situation where a people should even CONSIDER that a government of the United States, at some future date, could become so corrupted and oppressive that it's citizens, after exhausting peaceful means, may have to fight to defend their liberties from despotism.

Your fantasies about taking up arms against our country is an insult to all Americans

I'm sure this same sentiment was expressed by many loyal British colonialist.

Your shortsightedness is duly noted...there is a future beyond the current administration, and the next, and the next after that...and every year the government, it's bureaucratic leaders, it's elected leaders, and even our elected representative become more and more corrupt.

And the High Court has made it's share of terrible decisions, Dred Scott being one of the most egregious.

The most ironic part of the entire gun debate is the same folks who do not trust their fellow citizens with firearms, have complete trust in the government...a government both lead and run by the same citizens they don't trust to handle a simple semi-automatic rifle.

British colonialists did not have 235 years of freedom to fall back on. They also lacked the court protected rights of a Constitution. The American Revolution was not a revolution of a bunch of pissed off gun owners. It was a revolution of individual colonies who formed not only well regulated militias but the Continental Army

As a citizen, you have time tested options to protect your rights. Your gun has never been one of them

So, lets entertain your fantasy and let you take up arms against your country. What would happen?

You are an untrained, undersupplied, civilian facing the mightiest fighting force in the history of mankind. Your hunting rifles and shotguns will go up against armor and attack helicopters with night vision and infrared targeting

Your arming yourself to someday fight an evil government is a delusion

American independence was won because we got support from our good friend, France.

Do you think the Indian Nations will secede?

It's too late. HOWEVER, there are others who may have a better chance of reclaiming their stolen birthright:

SBmap648.gif

The Hispanic Experience - Stolen Birthright

This post thanked by none other than Lakhota's gun grabber in arms, Luddly_Dentite.

No wonder Lakhota wants us disarmed.
no....LaKota is for Gun Rights.....havent you read his posts?....

...your right to defend yourself and your country from despotism...but in the next breath supports Palestinians who blow up buses filled with innocent woman and children, fire rockets indiscriminately into urban centers and shoot Israeli Olympians in cold blood in the name of "politics by other means" .

I have no explanation for this hypocrisy.
I'm guessing....tuning-in to FAUX Noise was your first mistake.

Another non-explanation non-refutation. :thup:

Sheman would have a problem throwing together a Ham Sandwich....

...your right to defend yourself and your country from despotism...but in the next breath supports Palestinians who blow up buses filled with innocent woman and children, fire rockets indiscriminately into urban centers and shoot Israeli Olympians in cold blood in the name of "politics by other means" .

I have no explanation for this hypocrisy.

you dont want to understand your fellow Americans.

You only seek to demonize them so you cam feel GREAT about pointing your guns at youer fellow Americans and kill them for not agreeing with you.

Your side is now making up complete lies about sandyhook.

The result of your lies will have children who watched their fellow classmates be riddled with bullets and now for the rest of their lives will be hunted by your gun nuts for taking part in what they call a government conspiracy.

How do you sleep knowing you are causing them to live in fear for the rest of their lives so you can snuggle a gun at night?

You only seek to demonize them

you mean like you do to ANY Republican who just doesn't happen to see it the way you do?....

Another non-explanation non-refutation.

I'm not trying to scare you. I haven't said anything that should scare you.

Please, I know it's difficult, but try to stay on topic...you can do it.

look you and your "second amendment remedies" to NOT winnning elections or losing in the SCOTUS decisions doesnt make you right.

You just try pointing that gun at your fellow Americans and see how soon your dead

You're not trying hard enough.

As a good faith gesture, I will answer this third off topic reply.

In return, please take a stab at my OP instead of repeatedly attempting to derail my thread.

I don't want to point a gun at anyone, ever, as long as I live.

I may someday be FORCED to do so to defend myself, my loved ones or even a complete stranger like you from death or grievous injury.

And in my minds eye, even under those circumstances, I do not relish the thought of being responsible for the death of another human being, even if it was self defense or the protection of an innocent person.

That's still someones child, and I will be the instrument that inflicts that pain on their innocent family and friends.

I've given this scenario much deliberation...I carry a firearm...and before that I was a soldier during the Cold-War who could have been called upon to kill to defend my country.

FTR I will die a happy man if I am never ever put in a position that I am forced to use a firearm against another human being.

So why do oppose a ban on Semi-automatic rifles?

Because I understand the axiom "Power Corrupts".

As the government becomes more and more powerful and centralized, the more corrupt it becomes.

Do I think it is a certainty that our government will become oppressive?

Not at all.

But I do see the POSSIBILITY that it could, someday in the future.

And to forestall that possibility, the founders gave us an uninfringable amendment, one that keeps, if not an equal power, a power that is formidable, to keep that oppressive nature of government in check...and every attempt to chip away that right lessens it's effectiveness...maybe someday to the point that a future corrupt government believes it is a manageable power.

In return, please take a stab at my OP instead of repeatedly attempting to derail my thread.

she is trying to make it all about her.....thats what she does.....if she fails in that, she will leave and then start her own thread on this.....

Forum List

Back