The left loses another one....a gay, New York journalist becomes a conservative, and he isn't Milo..

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I heard an invterview with this journalist on the radio this morning...he was a gay, New York journalist writing for left wing publications....and the behavior of the left, especially after he wrote a piece on Milo Yianopolous has driven him out of the closet......the conservative closet......

http://nypost.com/2017/02/11/im-a-gay-new-yorker-and-im-coming-out-as-a-conservative/

Chadwick Moore, a 33-year-old journalist who lives in Williamsburg, had been a lifelong liberal. Then, last September, he penned a profile for Out magazine of Milo Yiannopoulos — a controversial and outspoken critic of feminism, Muslims and gay rights (despite being openly gay himself). Although the Out story didn’t take a positive stance — or any stance — on Yiannopoulos, Moore found himself pilloried by fellow Democrats and ostracized by longtime friends.

Here, he tells Michael Kaplan his story — including why the backlash drove him to the right.

When Out magazine assigned me an interview with the Breitbart.com rabble-rouser Milo Yiannopoulos, I knew it would be controversial. In the gay and liberal communities in particular, he is a provocative and loathed figure, and I knew featuring him in such a liberal publication would get negative attention.

He has been repeatedly kicked off Twitter for, among other things, reportedly inciting racist, sexist bullying of “Ghostbusters” actress Leslie Jones.

Before interviewing Yiannopoulos, I thought he was a nasty attention-whore, but I wanted to do a neutral piece on him that simply put the facts out there.

After the story posted online in the early hours of Sept. 21, I woke up to more than 100 Twitter notifications on my iPhone. Trolls were calling me a Nazi, death threats rolled in and a joke photo that I posed for in a burka served as “proof” that I am an Islamophobe.

I’m not.

Most disconcertingly, it wasn’t just strangers voicing radical discontent. Personal friends of mine — men in their 60s who had been my longtime mentors — were coming at me. They wrote on Facebook that the story was “irresponsible” and “dangerous.” A dozen or so people unfriended me. A petition was circulated online, condemning the magazine and my article.

All I had done was write a balanced story on an outspoken Trump supporter for a liberal, gay magazine, and now I was being attacked. I felt alienated and frightened.

And I began to realize that maybe my opinions just didn’t fit in with the liberal status quo, which seems to mean that you must absolutely hate Trump, his supporters and everything they believe. If you dare not to protest or boycott Trump, you are a traitor.

If you dare to question liberal stances or make an effort toward understanding why conservatives think the way they do, you are a traitor.

you do know that Milo is not even a US Citizen, don;t you?

He's NOT an American, he;s a foreigner, here on a work visa or Visa waiver.

And?
The ''left'', the Democrats, the liberals, the progressives, NEVER LOST Milo as a constituent or supporter in the first place.... so how could we ''lose another one'' in the political sense, when Milo, as a foreigner, his opinions on his political positions or who our president should be, means squat?

And?
The ''left'', the Democrats, the liberals, the progressives, NEVER LOST Milo as a constituent or supporter in the first place.... so how could we ''lose another one'' in the political sense, when Milo, as a foreigner, his opinions on his political positions or who our president should be, means squat?

A progressive is a progressive no matter where they're from.

You didn't read the article.......the Journalist became a conservative....after he saw how the left behaved and how they attacked him for simply writing an objective piece on Milo....

And?
He's a homo. Homos, blacks and women are not allowed to have independent thoughts. The left doesn't permit it.

It can seem like liberals are actually against free speech if it fails to conform with the way they think. And I don’t want to be a part of that club anymore.

And another one says it. But I disagree when he says "liberals" - this is the Regressive Left that's driving people away, not traditional, decent liberals.

The momentum continues to build, albeit slowly.

It can seem like liberals are actually against free speech if it fails to conform with the way they think. And I don’t want to be a part of that club anymore.

And another one says it. But I disagree when he says "liberals" - this is the Regressive Left that's driving people away, not traditional, decent liberals.

The reasonable classic liberals need to reclaim the leftwing of the political spectrum or the Dimmocrats are going to dissolve into a minor third party pretty soon.

The reasonable classic liberals need to reclaim the leftwing of the political spectrum or the Dimmocrats are going to dissolve into a minor third party pretty soon.
Yup. And as you and I have discussed, it's on Trump. If he fucks this up, the Regressive Left will remain in control of the Democratic Party and take back a lot of power nationally.

So, he has to succeed for them to finally be marginalized within the party.

And?
He's a homo. Homos, blacks and women are not allowed to have independent thoughts. The left doesn't permit it.
nahhhh....you must be looking in the mirror.... I am as free as can be on my thoughts and political positions!

And?
nahhhh....you must be looking in the mirror.... I am as free as can be on my thoughts and political positions!
Sure. As long as it jibes with the fascist left wing agenda.

Forum List

Back