The Left Killed the Working Class

rahtruelies

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2015
The Left Killed the Working Class - Social Matter

...........................American progressives have a certain ideal aesthetic for work. It doesn’t involve the working class, whom they loathe and consider to be deficient. They hate working class life patterns, they hate working class workplaces, they hate dirty factories, and basically anyone who doesn’t work in the realm of ideas and spreadsheets. Those industries they pretend are either outmoded or morally deficient, and push them into foreign countries.

Bourgeois Americans tend to be relatively happy with this state of affairs. Fewer factories mean for cleaner air, fewer strange smells, and a society that has largely pushed those social roles onto foreigners whom they never see. They never have to fear their children winding up working in factories, because all those jobs belong to foreigners now. They instead push their children, even the stupid ones, into college in the hopes of winning white collar jobs in business or the bureaucracy.

But dirty jobs still need to be done. The left has long since abandoned the pretense of being the friend of the working class, whom they have transformed into a handout-class of dependents, deprived of pride, honor, family, culture, and independent livelihoods. The promise of labor legislation was that it would lead to better quality of life for the working class. Instead it has lead to lumpen-prolification, and a further spiritual diminishment, even as the physical infrastructure in the country becomes more hideous, useless, and inefficient over time.

Hand-workers and technicians are not somehow worse than white collar workers. Many of them are capable of earning large salaries, because their productivity is worth quite a lot to their employers. What most people tend to think of as the ‘progress’ of the 20th century has often really been an enormous regression, redefined into goodness.

People on the right should not shrug their shoulders at the needs of the lower orders of people for meaningful, productive work. Knowing that they can’t be made into high-end ‘knowledge workers’ by education alone (because intelligence has biological roots), we ought to aim to roll back bureaucratized nature-worship and throw away the fossilized legislation of the New Deal both — without turning the country into an industrial sewer in the process.

And the conservatives total distaste for raising the minimum wage doesn't hurt the working class?
They love to claim that raising the minimum wage causes inflation and spikes the unemployment rate.
Yet, that has never happened.
Below are links to, historical unemployment rates, CPI rates and the dates when the minimum wage was raised. Go ahead prove me wrong, there has never been a spike in unepmoyment or inflation when the minimum wage was raised. And also prove to me that raising the minimum wage, doesn't have a ripple effect for higher wages/incomes for the middle class workers.
Consumer Price Index, 1913- | Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
US Unemployment Rate by Month
History of The US Minimum Wage - From The Very First Minimum Wage

And the conservatives total distaste for raising the minimum wage doesn't hurt the working class?
They love to claim that raising the minimum wage causes inflation and spikes the unemployment rate.
Below are links to, historical unemployment rates, CPI rates and the dates when the minimum wage was raised. Go ahead prove me wrong, there has never been a spike in unepmoyment or inflation when the minimum wage was raised. And also prove to me that raising the minimum wage, doesn't have a ripple effect for higher wages/incomes for the middle class workers.

Ok kiwi, if that doesnt happen, then why not raise it to 100 dollars per hour?

What kind of thought was put into that post? Try zero.
The reason my statement was right, is because the minimum wage has been raised in small increments.
Raising the minimum wage nationally to $15 in one jump, would cause major problems with small business owners and would cause inflation and large jobs layoffs.
Personally, I think $10 an hour is not asking to much. Then institute annual cost of living increases, much like Social Security.
Seventy percent of America's economy is driven by consumer spending. When the minimum wage increases and it ripple effect is felt in the higher wage incomes, our economy hums along at a healthy pace. Flat wage growth, hurts the US economy. A weak consumer class raises the posssibilites of recession and lengthens recovery from recessions as demostrated with the recessions of 2001 and 2007. It's a fact, that flat wage growth over the past 40 years has led to frequent recessions and long recoveries. Capitalism thrives on a strong and healthy consumer class, not a weakened working class which dominates the customer class.

Who the fuck wants to live their life earning the minimum wage dumb ass. You idiots think bumping the minimum wage up a few bucks is a solution, pathetic. How about generating jobs that pay triple the minimum wage so people can have a decent life. God but liberals are dumb as a brick.

What kind of thought was put into that post? Try zero.
The reason my statement was right, is because the minimum wage has been raised in small increments.
Raising the minimum wage nationally to $15 in one jump, would cause major problems with small business owners and would cause inflation and large jobs layoffs.
Personally, I think $10 an hour is not asking to much. Then institute annual cost of living increases, much like Social Security.
Seventy percent of America's economy is driven by consumer spending. When the minimum wage increases and it ripple effect is felt in the higher wage incomes, our economy hums along at a healthy pace. Flat wage growth, hurts the US economy. A weak consumer class raises the posssibilites of recession and lengthens recovery from recessions as demostrated with the recessions of 2001 and 2007. It's a fact, that flat wage growth over the past 40 years has led to frequent recessions and long recoveries. Capitalism thrives on a strong and healthy consumer class, not a weakened working class which dominates the customer class.

But you proved the point
It does raise inflation and people do lose jobs.

Business people dont eat those increases.
But thats just part of the issue
Other things to ask (assuming 15 dollars an hour)
1 what happens to people making 10, 11, 12 ,13 ,14 dollars per hour? Instead of making more than the min wage they make min wage. They went backwards.

How can we compete globally unless we add tarriffs?

And with those issues, what does it get us?

A.temp bump for low end workers that will continuously need to be increased. So we start all over, its not worth it.

Don't worry guys. Trump's going to ban robots and massively increase fossil fuel supply with artificial controls which should magically raise demand for those fossil fuels too because that's how economics works. And all the jobs will come back. MAGA.
Yeah lets stay the course its working so well

Don't worry guys. Trump's going to ban robots and massively increase fossil fuel supply with artificial controls which should magically raise demand for those fossil fuels too because that's how economics works. And all the jobs will come back. MAGA.
Yeah things are steadily going up. Trump's getting handed a great economy. Things should be fine until Trump's massive deregulation of the banks leads to the next housing collapse.

Yeah things are steadily going up. Trump's getting handed a great economy. Things should be fine until Trump's massive deregulation of the banks leads to the next housing collapse.

Shouldnt be a.problem.if banks arent forced to loan to minorities who cant pay.

Minimum wage is intended for children NOT the working class.

A great economy?

Hahahafuckingha

A great economy?

Hahahafuckingha
Yep. Far better than the one Obama had when he started.

A great economy?

Hahahafuckingha
You seem to be crying less than a few years ago over business..

Who the fuck wants to live their life earning the minimum wage dumb ass. You idiots think bumping the minimum wage up a few bucks is a solution, pathetic. How about generating jobs that pay triple the minimum wage so people can have a decent life. God but liberals are dumb as a brick.

Well, I seem to have facts to back me up. Where as you just use conjecture. So,,,:link:!
The “Ripple Effect” of a Minimum Wage Increase on American Workers | Brookings Institution

The “Ripple Effect” of a Minimum Wage Increase on American Workers | Brookings Institution

Ooh had to get in the white nationalist jab there?

Anyways there's a reason Goldman Sachs, who republicans hated a few months ago, accounts for over a third of the stock market's gains since Trump was elected. They love Trump. Trump openly boasts about making a killing during the housing crisis. It's probably one of his fondest memories, and he's going to take us right back there. I hope his tax cuts, tariffs, and subsidies don't skyrocket the deficit too badly so the government has some means to bail America out again next time.

Reading this proves my points. It raises many people wages x so there is no increase relative to others, so the min wage is a feel good measure that you get a temp bump out of

But it kills peoe who made a little more, because now they will make min wage or they may get a small.bump, but then prices go up to compensate for wage increases.

So the long term effect is higher prices, which isnt bad domestically, but makes it harder to compete in the global economy thus necessiting tarriffs.

Anyways there's a reason Goldman Sachs, who republicans hated a few months ago, accounts for over a third of the stock market's gains since Trump was elected. They love Trump. Trump openly boasts about making a killing during the housing crisis. It's probably one of his fondest memories, and he's going to take us right back there. I hope his tax cuts, tariffs, and subsidies don't skyrocket the deficit too badly so the government has some means to bail America out again next time.

No its true, ask the governor of NY, a democrat.

And you guys run to.goldmans everytime, its not just with trump, weve heard it before. They supported Hillary and not trump

No its true, ask the governor of NY, a democrat.

And you guys run to.goldmans everytime, its not just with trump, weve heard it before. They supported Hillary and not trump
Yeah that's why 3 of their top guys are in Trump's cabinet :rolleyes:

Good fucking grief

Forum List

Back