The Left Is Palinising The Royal Wedding

Americans should care about a British wedding because??? We do not subscribe to the concept of "royalty". It SHOULD be ridiculed. "Royalty" flies in the face of those that believe all men are created equal. Privilege by birth is disgusting. A republican such as myself believes there should be no limit to any persons aspirations based on hard work, education and intelligent choices. We already have examples of the lucky gene pool here in our country (Paris Hilton etc...)and it is nothing to admire.

I have nothing against the British playing dress up and pretending they are important. It makes them look like self involved idiots. They are not very important anymore. They need to get used to that.

It's the Fairy Tale aspect that attracts Americans.

A certain sect of Americans to be specific.

Fairies?

The British royalty give new meaning to the term "Welfare Queen"

LOL of course they are the couple correctly informed Obama's they were not invited. So now the the left feels it must spew as much hate as possible on the couple.
Now that is the silliest thing I've read on here in a while.

beautiful couple? you mean some geeking guy who was born into privilege from a familily that made it's fame and fortune on the dead bodies of the poor and helpless(many of them Americans) is going to marry some good looking gold digger......BEAUTIFUL!

I don't see how you can live with yourself.

Nothing in this world is good, except for the hope for communism in this country, aye comrade?

Would it help if his Daddy Charles was an avid supporter of Global Warming?
Actually, Prince Charles does believe in global warming. He advocates for the environment constantly.

beautiful couple? you mean some geeking guy who was born into privilege from a familily that made it's fame and fortune on the dead bodies of the poor and helpless(many of them Americans) is going to marry some good looking gold digger......BEAUTIFUL!

I don't see how you can live with yourself.

Nothing in this world is good, except for the hope for communism in this country, aye comrade?

Would it help if his Daddy Charles was an avid supporter of Global Warming?
Actually, Prince Charles does believe in global warming. He advocates for the environment constantly.

Same difference.

Anyone notice that conservatives sucked up to British royalty in 1776 and they stll suck up to royalty now?

Or, maybe we just don't writhe with petty silliness just cuz your Messiah didn't get an invite.

Minding our own business is part of being a conservative. We neither condemn nor applaud the Royal family. We ain't that interested.

Anyone notice how the left hate anyone who appears to snub their Messiah? :lol:

Anyone notice that conservatives sucked up to British royalty in 1776 and they stll suck up to royalty now?

Or, maybe we just don't writhe with petty silliness just cuz your Messiah didn't get an invite.

Minding our own business is part of being a conservative. We neither condemn nor applaud the Royal family. We ain't that interested.

Name any head of state, other than royalty, who was invited to the wedding.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/04/23/uk.royal.wedding.guests/index.html?hpt=C1
<excerpt>
The royal wedding, as a semi-state occasion, does not include world leaders outside the Commonwealth -- so Presidents Obama and Sarkozy will have to find alternative diversions for April 29.

Last edited:
There goes another rabid radical reactionary Right winger calling the President "Messiah" again.

What a bunch of fools.

:lol:
lol

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper for one.

The King of Bahrain for another.

British Prime Minister David Cameron is another.

You might want to reread my post.

"The royal wedding, as a semi-state occasion, does not include world leaders outside the Commonwealth -- so Presidents Obama and Sarkozy will have to find alternative diversions for April 29."

There goes another rabid radical reactionary Right winger calling the President "Messiah" again.

What a bunch of fools.

:lol:
lol

You still don't get it, do ya? Calling him your Messiah mocks y'all, not him. It's the worshipers, not the idol that we mock.

"The royal wedding, as a semi-state occasion, does not include world leaders outside the Commonwealth -- so Presidents Obama and Sarkozy will have to find alternative diversions for April 29."

The King of Bahrain is a British subject?

So the following are part of the British commonwealth?

Royal guests include the Greek royal family, the Queen of Denmark and representatives from Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Norway. Also included are royals from Spain, Sweden and Romania. Prince Albert of Monaco is invited with his fiancee, Charlene Wittstock, the former South African Olympic swimmer. Also coming is Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, mother of "Dynasty" star Catherine Oxenburg.

The Sultan of Brunei and the Crown Prince of Bahrain will attend, along with the Sheikh of Kuwait. Representatives from Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi will also attend.

From Africa, royals from Lesotho, Morocco and Swaziland, and from Asia and the Pacific, Malaysia, Thailand and Tonga will all be represented.

I guess you could say that Obama isn't part of the commonwealth, which means for the good of the people, because he's obviously not a friend to the Brits. Course the Brits used to be one of our best allies, but not anymore.

Last edited:

King is royal, right?
You really have a problem reading or comprehending.

King is royal, right?
You really have a problem reading or comprehending.

I have no problem reading and comprehending. A head of state is royalty. I named two heads of state that weren't. There were 4 others that were mentioned that weren't royalty.

You wanted me to go back and re-read your fucken post. You changed it after the fact asshole. The proof that you changed it is in what was quoted when I responded. Lying sack of shit.

the Queen of Denmark and representatives from Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Norway

I like the way you compartmentalized it so you can act like you won, but you couldn't prove your point.

Last edited:

As CaliGurl grovels at the feet of a class of people who by definition define themselves as better than her. Her time in England has turned her into an ass licking expatriate sucking up to her betters

I am very much looking forward to watching the wedding of two people I admire, and the tradition it represents. :)

Didnt you tune into Rush Limbaugh's wedding? (Well, his latest one).

It represents everything that is holy matrimony.

I mean he was in his 60's and she was 33. That is true love right there. I am sure the other women he married though it was true love as well but eh, thats their problem, not the new girl's.

Let's take a look at history, courtesy of Factcheck:

It&#8217;s common for American presidents to attend official state visits at the invitation of the queen, but rare for them to attend royal weddings &#8212; even when they got invitations &#8212; so it would not be unusual if the Obamas did not attend.

&#9632;President Truman did not attend Princess Elizabeth&#8217;s wedding on Nov. 20, 1947. Truman Library Archivist Randy Sowell said library records show the British government invited "the United States to send an official representative to the wedding." Truman "selected the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom, Lewis W. Douglas, as the official representative. Neither President Truman nor first lady Bess Truman attended the wedding" of the woman who is now queen of England.
&#9632;President Eisenhower and first lady Mamie Eisenhower were not invited to Princess Margaret&#8217;s wedding on May 6, 1960, according to Kevin Bailey, an archivist at the Eisenhower Library. Instead, Eisenhower remained in Washington, D.C., and signed the Civil Rights Act of 1960. A summary of telephone calls maintained at the library show the president had to be convinced by John Hay Whitney, the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom, to send a wedding gift to Princess Margaret, Bailey told us. In an April 29, 1960 phone call, Eisenhower told Whitney he was against sending a gift because "no official notification of the wedding had come to him," but Whitney insisted, and "settlement was made on a small wedding ring ashtray," the records show.
&#9632;President Nixon did not attend Princess Anne&#8217;s wedding to Lt. Mark Phillips on Nov. 14, 1973. Instead, Nixon met with a group of House members that morning, and senators that evening to discuss Watergate, according to the Nixon Library. The New York Times reported two weeks before the wedding that no member of the Nixon family was invited.
&#9632;President Reagan and first lady Nancy Reagan were invited to the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer in 1981. The president did not attend, but the first lady did.
&#9632;Nancy Reagan was also invited to the wedding of William&#8217;s uncle, Prince Andrew, to Sarah Ferguson in 1986. Again, the first lady attended without the president.
&#9632;President Clinton and first lady Hillary Clinton did not attend Prince Edward&#8217;s wedding to Sophie Rhys-Jones in 1999. But then again neither did British Prime Minister Tony Blair. The New York Times reported on the day of the wedding that "the guest list of 550 to the wedding itself inside St. George&#8217;s Chapel included no politicians."

By the way, as far as this royal wedding thing..5 words come to mind..

Who gives a flying fuck.

Seriously.

Forum List

Back