The left is more responsible for Sarah Palin's popularity

It strikes me as odd how easy it is to get people talking about Sarah Palin, as if she's relevant in any tangible way. I mean, I'm a Republican, I like her, I think she'd make a better leader than Obama, but I'm not in love with the discussion of her (negative or positive) the way most liberals seem to be.

They're usually only talking about how dumb, stupid, and ignorant she is (which is more empty name-calling than hard-hitting analysis, for those of us over the age of 9), but do they not realize that any person you make a big deal about is going to be popular? The old adage of "any press is good press" has never been truer.

The reason why Sarah Palin is such a big deal is because liberals still have fake-outrage boners about everything she's ever said or done.
Jeez.....she's BEEN invited to Rachel Maddow's show....over, and over!!! Why won't she schedule??

If she'd make "..a better leader than Obama..", she could certainly handle a one-on-one, on MSNBC (you know....being a professional-entertainer, and all)!!

What's she afraid-of??!!!!

:confused:

It strikes me as odd how easy it is to get people talking about Sarah Palin, as if she's relevant in any tangible way. I mean, I'm a Republican, I like her, I think she'd make a better leader than Obama, but I'm not in love with the discussion of her (negative or positive) the way most liberals seem to be.

They're usually only talking about how dumb, stupid, and ignorant she is (which is more empty name-calling than hard-hitting analysis, for those of us over the age of 9), but do they not realize that any person you make a big deal about is going to be popular? The old adage of "any press is good press" has never been truer.

The reason why Sarah Palin is such a big deal is because liberals still have fake-outrage boners about everything she's ever said or done. Conversely, the reason most people are souring over Obama is because the Right isn't obsessively infatuated with who he is as a person. We're more concerned about what kind of executive he is. If the Right went on over Obama the way the Left goes on over Palin, he'd still have 50% approval ratings or better.

SGdsn, I could write my own book on Pailn's moronic behavior and positions. I don't necessarially see myself as a "Leftist" but I despise this broad. Every single time some functionally literate person tells me how much they like her and want to see her in office, the tip of my boot itches.

Don't be blaming ME for Palin's on-going celebrity. She has name recognition with me, but so does Bernie Madoff and I happen to think Bernie is smarter and has more ethics than Palin. Nonetheless, I'm not planning to nominate HIM for any elected office either.

P.S. I also despise Pelosi and Clinton. Stupid and corrupt, all three of these chicks.

Last edited:
I love Palin. She is the only politician whose speech can be repeated word for word and win an Emmy for comedy.

She is a true politician. Name a position taken by her on anything. Anything other than "against Obama".

It was Palin who coined the phrase "Drill Baby Drill" referring to "offshore oil", which became a rallying cry for the Republican party. Now that we are in the midst of the greatest man made disaster in the history of the world, Republicans are strangely silent.

This oil spill has the potential to be bigger than Chernobyl. Only the upcoming Three Gorges Dam disaster looming in China will be bigger.

And the right is so touchy. Every comment about Palin sets the right off. No one is calling her "terrorist" or "traitor", even though she is married to a secessionist.

Mentioning the failure of "Abstinence Only" is an attack on her kids.

You can't criticize her for any of her nonsense without the right going off the deep end.

But she did write a book, "Going Rouge by Lynn Vincent". Perhaps one of them will write another?

Last edited by a moderator:
Democrats (and some Republicans) act like they're so scared of Palin attaining any type of real power. Um, for one, Sarah Palin probably has more executive (i.e. relevant) experience than any of the major Democratic contenders for President this past decade (and, for that matter, most of the serious Republican candidates in '08 as well). What are you so afraid of? What, because you disagree with her politics, that means she's going to make dumbass decisions? What's Obama's excuse?

The scary part is that you are serious..

Her "executive experience" was mayor of a city of less than 10,000 and governor of a state of less than 1 million for slightly over two years.

Spectacular? You betcha...wink

So what? She still has more experience with dealing with a budget, dealing with staff/advisors, and making executive decisions than Obama (who effectively had none of those things prior to running), and last I checked you lefties were crazy for him.

On which planet do you reside?

Last I checked Obama is responsible for the most complex budget on the planet

The scary part is that you are serious..

Her "executive experience" was mayor of a city of less than 10,000 and governor of a state of less than 1 million for slightly over two years.

Spectacular? You betcha...wink

So what? She still has more experience with dealing with a budget, dealing with staff/advisors, and making executive decisions than Obama (who effectively had none of those things prior to running), and last I checked you lefties were crazy for him.

On which planet do you reside?

Last I checked Obama is responsible for the most complex budget on the planet

Obama was one of the most prolific senators in US history at both the state and federal levals. He taught constitutional law at the university level. He has a sparkling academic background. He went from Food Stamps to the White House.

Yet the Right wants so desperately for him to be less than Bush, the worst president in US history, less than McCain, who graduated 5th from the Bottom out of a graduating class of 899 and was part of the Keating 5, one of the worst scandals in US History and less than Palin, whose actual speeches are funny enough to win an Emmy. Too bad they don't want what's best for the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Palin quit so she could raise the Money needed to run for President in 2016

At first I thought Palin was only glitter for McCain, after watching on a few interviews in the last month or so, I noticed that she needs no teleprompter or script, she speaks from the heart and does not stutter and say stupid things, like some I could mention. Bo and even Bush could never have an open interview without dozens of flubs.

Is it possible that libs are actually Bigots and Racists and cannot see a Woman having Power over them? :eusa_think:

I love Palin. She is the only politician whose speech can be repeated word for word and win an Emmy for comedy.

She is a true politician. Name a position taken by her on anything. Anything other than "against Obama".

It was Palin who coined the phrase "Drill Baby Drill" referring to "offshore oil", which became a rallying cry for the Republican party. Now that we are in the midst of the greatest man made disaster in the history of the world, Republicans are strangely silent.

This oil spill has the potential to be bigger than Chernobyl. Only the upcoming Three Gorges Dam disaster looming in China will be bigger.

And the right is so touchy. Every comment about Palin sets the right off. No one is calling her "terrorist" or "traitor", even though she is married to a secessionist.

Mentioning the failure of "Abstinence Only" is an attack on her kids.

You can't criticize her for any of her nonsense without the right going off the deep end.

But she did write a book, "Going Rouge by Lynn Vincent". Perhaps one of them will write another?

In a race for The Most Corrupt **** of 2010, I think Clinton may win. For entertainment value, I prefer Pelosi. Palin is far behind in this horse race, but only because she holds no elected office atm. Oh, and because of the three, she's the only **** who does not spread 'em for Obama.

"We need to pass this bill so people can read it and know what's in it."

Now there's a line most Pulitizer prize winning authors would have loved to pen.

I think Palin quit so she could raise the Money needed to run for President in 2016

At first I thought Palin was only glitter for McCain, after watching on a few interviews in the last month or so, I noticed that she needs no teleprompter or script, she speaks from the heart and does not stutter and say stupid things, like some I could mention. Bo and even Bush could never have an open interview without dozens of flubs.

Is it possible that libs are actually Bigots and Racists and cannot see a Woman having Power over them? :eusa_think:

So wait women is a race now? :lol::lol:

Every president uses a teleprompter but don't let that stop Palin from using notes on her hand.

You mean like Hillary Clinton? Or Nancy Pelosi? Or Sotomayor? or.....

No one on the right can name a Palin position on anything. In fact, she gives these pre written speeches, but can't answer the most simple questions. It's as if she is being "spoon fed".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lERexJBySEI]YouTube - Sarah Palin Tina Fey. Can you tell the difference? Must See![/ame]

after watching on a few interviews in the last month or so, I noticed that she needs no teleprompter or script, she speaks from the heart and does not stutter and say stupid things

You mean like when being asked who her favorite founding father she replies..."All of them"

Like when asked what newspaper she likes to read, she replies...."All of them"

The reason why Sarah Palin is such a big deal is because liberals still have fake-outrage boners about everything she's ever said or done. Conversely, the reason most people are souring over Obama is because the Right isn't obsessively infatuated with who he is as a person. We're more concerned about what kind of executive he is. If the Right went on over Obama the way the Left goes on over Palin, he'd still have 50% approval ratings or better.
I doubt what democrats think of her has anything to do with her popularity. Conservatives like her because she agrees with all the ideology of the right. She is against big government, high taxes, abortion rights, restrictions on oil drilling, global warming, entitlement programs and all liberal causes. Like Bush she casts herself as an outsider with little knowledge or interest in the workings of government or foreign affairs. For some reason this has a great appeal to the right.

You mean like when being asked who her favorite founding father she replies..."All of them"

Hey, I like all of our Founding Fathers and all the Newspapers I read or I would not read them, I also like all of our 57 States too

Am I the only one who finds it odd that they focus on personality traits rather than the issues that the canidate promises to deliver on. I would think that the laws that are to be created are far more important than the person themselves since it is those laws that will affect our lives.

after watching on a few interviews in the last month or so, I noticed that she needs no teleprompter or script, she speaks from the heart and does not stutter and say stupid things

What is so stupid about that. Perhaps she did like them all. I can't really find a particular founding father that I like more than any other nor a newspaper that I prefer more than any other.

What is so stupid about that. Perhaps she did like them all. I can't really find a particular founding father that I like more than any other nor a newspaper that I prefer more than any other.

But you don't read every newspaper do you?

Palin is here to stay. that is what upsets the left.

I myself find it very amusing she gets under their skin as much as she does.

Go Sarah.

Stephanie, i understand what ou are saying, but seriously, there are people out there who actually thinks what she says makes sense. They are probably the same idiots who follows Rush.

Doesnt that scare you a little? They could live next to you and everything.

Follows Rush? What does this mean? He's a fucking talk show host for crying out loud...

Palin is here to stay. that is what upsets the left.

I myself find it very amusing she gets under their skin as much as she does.

Go Sarah.

Stephanie, i understand what ou are saying, but seriously, there are people out there who actually thinks what she says makes sense. They are probably the same idiots who follows Rush.

Doesnt that scare you a little? They could live next to you and everything.

Follows Rush? What does this mean? He's a fucking talk show host for crying out loud...
Following Rush would be to listen to his show often or at least keep up with what he says.

I follow Jon Stewart for instance.

Well, I bet she knows that people from Michigan are NOT "Michianers" and they there are only 50 states and the difference between "corps" and "corpse" and that there is no "Austrian" language.

You mean, like.....Hillary cleanin'-up behind Condi???

Forum List

Back