The left is more responsible for Sarah Palin's popularity

SGdsn

Nov 15, 2009
It strikes me as odd how easy it is to get people talking about Sarah Palin, as if she's relevant in any tangible way. I mean, I'm a Republican, I like her, I think she'd make a better leader than Obama, but I'm not in love with the discussion of her (negative or positive) the way most liberals seem to be.

They're usually only talking about how dumb, stupid, and ignorant she is (which is more empty name-calling than hard-hitting analysis, for those of us over the age of 9), but do they not realize that any person you make a big deal about is going to be popular? The old adage of "any press is good press" has never been truer.

The reason why Sarah Palin is such a big deal is because liberals still have fake-outrage boners about everything she's ever said or done. Conversely, the reason most people are souring over Obama is because the Right isn't obsessively infatuated with who he is as a person. We're more concerned about what kind of executive he is. If the Right went on over Obama the way the Left goes on over Palin, he'd still have 50% approval ratings or better.

Last edited:
I *just* got through saying, basically, the same thing.
I see her as a quitter that couldn't handle the scrutiny.
The left gives her more cred than I do.

It strikes me as odd how easy it is to get people talking about Sarah Palin, as if she's relevant in any tangible way. I mean, I'm a Republican, I like her, I think she'd make a better leader than Obama, but I'm not in love with the discussion of her (negative or positive) the way most liberals seem to be.

They're usually only talking about how dumb, stupid, and ignorant she is (which is more empty name-calling than hard-hitting analysis, for those of us over the age of 9), but do they not realize that any person you make a big deal about is going to be popular? The old adage of "any press is good press" has never been truer.

The reason why Sarah Palin is such a big deal is because liberals still have fake-outrage boners about everything she's ever said or done. Conversely, the reason most people are souring over Obama is because the Right isn't obsessively infatuated with who he is as a person. We're more concerned about what kind of executive he is. If the Right went on over Obama the way the Left goes on over Palin, he'd still have 50% approval ratings or better.

The reason she gets the attention is that she is the only Republican shooting her mouth off. In a game of political "Whack-a-mole" Palin is the only one who continues to stick her head up.

Let another Republican show some leadership and then he or she will get attention too. Right now.....they are few and far between

You cannot blame Liberals for the record ticket sales to the Sarah Palin Traveling Road Show and Theater of The Absurd.

We have our own problems.

Nancy "I Cannot Ever Open My Freaking Mouth Without Setting Back Progress By At Least a Decade" Pelosi.

pelosisavetheplantetbitchImage1.jpg

Saturday Night Live - Nancy Pelosi - Video - NBC.com

Both these broads, Palin and Pelosi, need to be on a melting iceberg near the South Pole, banished from our public lives. Then they can reunited as one another's Evil Twin or have their lezzie girl crushes fulfilled or WTF they are both up to.

They are like America's Tweedle Dum And Tweedle Dummmer. And THIS is the Feminist Nirvana I once marched for? Shit.

But yanno, the pair of them do make for great SNL skits! LMAO. :clap2:

Last edited:
It's true. The more the Left attacks Palin, the more people on the right come to her defense. I personally find her to be a lightweight when it comes to experience (one of the same critiques I have about Obama). The attacks elevate her to a stature that experience and ability wouldn't if she were left alone.

Palin is here to stay. that is what upsets the left.

I myself find it very amusing she gets under their skin as much as she does.

Go Sarah.

Last edited:

The reason she gets the attention is that she is the only Republican shooting her mouth off. In a game of political "Whack-a-mole" Palin is the only one who continues to stick her head up.

Let another Republican show some leadership and then he or she will get attention too. Right now.....they are few and far between

LOL, Palin is "shooting off her mouth" well I say, how dare she.:lol:

I have a feeling there arent too many lefty's who are paying her money for her book or her apperaces or worse, 10k for a pic of her and bachmann.

Here is a hint, they are all righty's spending money on that tripe.

Go Sarah.

Stephanie, i understand what ou are saying, but seriously, there are people out there who actually thinks what she says makes sense. They are probably the same idiots who follows Rush.

Doesnt that scare you a little? They could live next to you and everything.

I have a feeling there arent too many lefty's who are paying her money for her book or her apperaces or worse, 10k for a pic of her and bachmann.

Here is a hint, they are all righty's spending money on that tripe.

well gezze, no shit sherlock. and I would guess it's the left who is buying the Obama's self aggrandizing books. so what. and another thing, how come you all don't put down the Obama for making millions off his books, if making money off of appearances and speeches is such a horror to you all?

Last edited:
It's true. The more the Left attacks Palin, the more people on the right come to her defense. I personally find her to be a lightweight when it comes to experience (one of the same critiques I have about Obama). The attacks elevate her to a stature that experience and ability wouldn't if she were left alone.

Lightweight? Sugar Ray was a lightweight boedicca. Palin and Pelosi both lack the common sense and basic reality contact of that nitwit on E!, Bobby Bush. Neither one could carry a dictionary across the room without dropping it, nevermind read the damned thing. Lindsay Lohan has better mental health than this pair of salt and pepper shakers.

I keep telling myself, it'll be okay. Us chicks can still be proud of Ann Richards.

Go Sarah.

Stephanie, i understand what ou are saying, but seriously, there are people out there who actually thinks what she says makes sense. They are probably the same idiots who follows Rush.

No she doesn't scare little minded one. She was my Governor and I know what she stands for. And she makes perfect sense to people who have any besides a lefties point of view of thing. Very few people think like you all do, you know that don't you.?
The Obama and his comrade in arms in control of our Federal Government scares me the most I have ever been in my lifetime as far as Presidents go. Even Billy boy Clinton didn't scare me as much as the Obama. And to see that you lefties agree with what and how the Obama is governing our country scares me just as much.

Last edited:
So the left is responsible Mccain? Didn't know that.
And they're responsible for Fox News hiring her? Didn't know that either.

But yeah if they left her alone she wouldn't be as big.

It's the same thing that happens when knee jerk reactionaries want to complain about a game or a movie or whatever, it does nothing but get them free publicity.

Go Sarah.

No she doesn't scare little minded one. She was my Governor and I know what she stands for. And she makes perfect sense to people who have any besides a lefties point of view of thing. Very few people think like you all do, you know that don't you.?
The Obama and his comrade in arms in control of our Federal Government scares me the most I have ever been in my lifetime as far as Presidents go. Even Billy boy Clinton didn't scare me as much as the Obama. And to see that you lefties agree with what and how the Obama is governing our country scares me just as much.

So very few people agree with the left/Obama but enough of them do it that it scares you?

You either are a massive coward or you can't even keep your partisan crap flinging straight.

So very few people agree with the left/Obama but enough of them do it that it scares you?

You either are a massive coward or you can't even keep your partisan crap flinging straight.

:lol:
do you play twister?

Last edited:

Yes...."Shooting off her mouth" is the correct term. No brain involved

You betcha!

:lol:
do you play twister?

Do you ever post anything of value?

In other words, her popularity is caused by liberals, as opposed to being caused by her own merits.

Ok, I can somewhat agree with that. Especially since I've been saying for over a year that much of her popularity with conservatives is simply because they can't admit liberals are right about her.

Last edited:

Yes...."Shooting off her mouth" is the correct term. No brain involved

You betcha!

and here we thought the Democrat-Progressive party was the champion for ALL women. you didn't know you had to be like one of them in order to be included, did ya?:lol:

Forum List

Back