The Left is Lying on Clean Coal

What happens to the crime rate in Sturgis when Bike Week is deleted? Sturgis has a population of fewer than 7,000 permanent citizens. Bike week it jumps to over 600,000.

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2019: Fatal crashes down, but arrests up
Michael Klinski, Sioux Falls Argus LeaderPublished 2:46 p.m. CT Aug. 11, 2019 | Updated 2:47 p.m. CT Aug. 11, 2019

The Sturgis Rally ended Sunday with just two fatalities reported from the week-long event. That's down from four reported last year, according to final numbers compiled by the Highway Patrol.

While fatalities were down, arrests and citations are all up.

The Highway Patrol said it made 171 DUI arrests (149 in 2018), 213 misdemeanor drug arrests (175) and 131 felony drug arrests (77).

The number of citations and warnings also increased.

Injury accidents were down to 52 from 56 last year and non-injury crashes down to 41 from 50.

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally 2019: Fatal crashes down, but arrests up

That can throw the statistics for a town of 7,000 for the year way out of context. I've been to Sturgis in a previous life several times. It's a wild time!
Lol
Yep,
Daryl is an old coot who still lives in the past and combines that with political correctness thinking he knows his ass from a hole in the ground. The fact remains violent crimes are almost nonexistent in western South Dakota... It’s actually the Indian reservations that skew the numbers more than anything else. It’s best to think of the Indian reservations as little Third World countries in the middle of the United States.... true shit holes, I know I lived on pine ridge Indian reservation until I was 17. As soon as I could I moved out of that shit hole.

Rapid City is listed currently listed as the most dangerous place to live in South Dakota. Not 20 years ago, not 40 years ago. Today. It boasts a higher homicide gun rate than NYC does. It's even slightly higher than Detroit. And it's NOT on the Indian Reservation. It's primarily white. And it's not far from where Chief Rustic lives. Now, I respect being proud of where one lives but first you must have something other than Mount Rushmore, a Chicken dancing on a hot plate and a few other carny tricks before you go off like he does. The fact remains, Rapid City is, was and probably always will be a very dangerous place. Why? It has a higher unemployment rate than the national average. And it has a lower pay scale than most places. Yes, there are some Rich that live there that skew the average. But the majority will be low scale. And it's got one really crooked cop shop to boot. One cop even tried to steal my Stetson one night but didn't get away with it. He was carrying. He must of thought I was either the craziest or the baddest dude that ever graced the Earth. I'll never tell which. I kept him in the club, spoke quietly and had him send one of his cop buddies out to his car for my stetson. In those days, a 300 dollar hat was hard to come by. You should have seen it. Things got real quiet. The Bass Player (Me a protected Species) was telling a cop (another protected species) to return my property. The Bikers that usually stuck up for the Band stayed out of it and his Cop Buddies just sat there quietly. But he returned the hat after his buddy went out and retrieved it. You see, the music stopped until I got my damned hat back. Right after that, the Cops all left and the party went on without them.

Where did the Rapid City crime rate come from in this discussion?
Daryl is drunk

Maybe after 5. Is it 5 oclock somewhere? Put the Peyote pipe down.
It’s always 5/4:20 on the Rez.....

Wow, an over 80 mile jaunt by a drunken Indian. You have much heartier Indians than we have here. Ours have trouble making it halfway across the road when intoxicated. And that jaunt will take you through the Black Hills which isn't exactly the easiest trek even sober for 80 miles. You keep hoping that someone won't notice that you are full of crap and trying to pull a whole series of Trump reasoning. You know, no one will check your BS. it's called Fact Check, cupcake.
Lol
Drive up here to South Dakota, When you get to Rapid City go east out on highway44 towards the airport, that is just south of Interstate 90, Box Elder and Ellsworth. I guarantee you will see Indians walking Highway 44 because it’s the only way they can get to Rapid City from the reservation generally.
Actually Rapid City is on the east on the edge of the Black Hills and west of Pine Ridge Indian reservation.
Do you really know the area?... because it does not look like it… LOL

I used to drive that route on many weekends on my way to play clubs in New Castle Wyoming from Rancid City. Did that for over 3 years. I guess I must know that route a lot better than you do. Tell me, is that old Motel and Bar still right on the Border or have they tore it down yet?
You went from Rapid City down 79 through Hot Springs Edgemont then to New Castle?

Nice Friday Afternoon in June. Don't have to be setup in New Castle until 8:45. Went a lot of places on a whim. But I didn't stop and watch some chicken dancing on a hotplate like the Tourists. Still it's over 80 miles to Rancid City so I doubt too many are sauntering it. That's about a 2 day saunter. Make sure you bring lunch or two or three.
Lol
You obviously have not been on Highway 44, Especially around the first of the month.
Google Maps

It’s a little over 20 miles before you actually hit the border of Pine Ridge reservation, not pine ridge the town... And you don’t go through any hills or mountains it’s all flat Prairie. An afternoon walk for Indians.

Now, what does this have to do with Coal? Or do we need to build a fire under your butt. I would rather use Propane for that. Or better yet, Charcoal.

Lol
Yep,
Daryl is an old coot who still lives in the past and combines that with political correctness thinking he knows his ass from a hole in the ground. The fact remains violent crimes are almost nonexistent in western South Dakota... It’s actually the Indian reservations that skew the numbers more than anything else. It’s best to think of the Indian reservations as little Third World countries in the middle of the United States.... true shit holes, I know I lived on pine ridge Indian reservation until I was 17. As soon as I could I moved out of that shit hole.

Rapid City is listed currently listed as the most dangerous place to live in South Dakota. Not 20 years ago, not 40 years ago. Today. It boasts a higher homicide gun rate than NYC does. It's even slightly higher than Detroit. And it's NOT on the Indian Reservation. It's primarily white. And it's not far from where Chief Rustic lives. Now, I respect being proud of where one lives but first you must have something other than Mount Rushmore, a Chicken dancing on a hot plate and a few other carny tricks before you go off like he does. The fact remains, Rapid City is, was and probably always will be a very dangerous place. Why? It has a higher unemployment rate than the national average. And it has a lower pay scale than most places. Yes, there are some Rich that live there that skew the average. But the majority will be low scale. And it's got one really crooked cop shop to boot. One cop even tried to steal my Stetson one night but didn't get away with it. He was carrying. He must of thought I was either the craziest or the baddest dude that ever graced the Earth. I'll never tell which. I kept him in the club, spoke quietly and had him send one of his cop buddies out to his car for my stetson. In those days, a 300 dollar hat was hard to come by. You should have seen it. Things got real quiet. The Bass Player (Me a protected Species) was telling a cop (another protected species) to return my property. The Bikers that usually stuck up for the Band stayed out of it and his Cop Buddies just sat there quietly. But he returned the hat after his buddy went out and retrieved it. You see, the music stopped until I got my damned hat back. Right after that, the Cops all left and the party went on without them.

Where did the Rapid City crime rate come from in this discussion?
Daryl is drunk

Maybe after 5. Is it 5 oclock somewhere? Put the Peyote pipe down.
It’s always 5/4:20 on the Rez.....

Been to the VFW lately?

Lol
Drive up here to South Dakota, When you get to Rapid City go east out on highway44 towards the airport, that is just south of Interstate 90, Box Elder and Ellsworth. I guarantee you will see Indians walking Highway 44 because it’s the only way they can get to Rapid City from the reservation generally.
Actually Rapid City is on the east on the edge of the Black Hills and west of Pine Ridge Indian reservation.
Do you really know the area?... because it does not look like it… LOL

I used to drive that route on many weekends on my way to play clubs in New Castle Wyoming from Rancid City. Did that for over 3 years. I guess I must know that route a lot better than you do. Tell me, is that old Motel and Bar still right on the Border or have they tore it down yet?
You went from Rapid City down 79 through Hot Springs Edgemont then to New Castle?

Nice Friday Afternoon in June. Don't have to be setup in New Castle until 8:45. Went a lot of places on a whim. But I didn't stop and watch some chicken dancing on a hotplate like the Tourists. Still it's over 80 miles to Rancid City so I doubt too many are sauntering it. That's about a 2 day saunter. Make sure you bring lunch or two or three.
Lol
You obviously have not been on Highway 44, Especially around the first of the month.
Google Maps

It’s a little over 20 miles before you actually hit the border of Pine Ridge reservation, not pine ridge the town... And you don’t go through any hills or mountains it’s all flat Prairie. An afternoon walk for Indians.

Now, what does this have to do with Coal? Or do we need to build a fire under your butt. I would rather use Propane for that. Or better yet, Charcoal.
Are you drunk?

Lol
Google Maps

Are you drunk?

I would have to be in order to agree with you on this one. But you are slowly learning. Who says the stupid can't learn.

Liberals can't wait to kill the coal industry.

The left is lying on clean coal

There is no such thing as clean coal. If you ever find any, you might have something to talk about.
You are a liar!

The new coal fired plants have near zero particulate emissions. Your ilk just want to kill an industry that allows people to be self sufficient and in no need of government intrusion.
1) Coal jobs are not coming back. Automation and mining technologies have outpaced the old fashioned idea of an elevator crowded with miners descending into a deep,shaft mine. You might as well worry about whaler's jobs in New Bedford.

2) "Clean coal" is a marketing term for something that just does not exist. I know it refers to technology to mitigate the vast amounts of pollution from burning coal. But power plants, HERE IN COAL COUNTRY, are closing due to the cost of retrofitting plants with scrubbers. I have seen power plants (at Shippingport, PA, Stratton, Ohio and down river in Beilliant, Ohio close down while natural gas plants open up.

3) Coal is expensive. Expensive to mine, expensive to,process, expensive to remediate. Natural gas is cheaper, easier to transport and abundant.
Wrong on all three counts...

You obviously dont live or work in mining. All you have are left wing talking points and not one of them is true..
I live precisely where Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia meet.

Don’t say I don’t know mining

There is no such thing as clean coal. If you ever find any, you might have something to talk about.
You are a liar!

The new coal fired plants have near zero particulate emissions. Your ilk just want to kill an industry that allows people to be self sufficient and in no need of government intrusion.
1) Coal jobs are not coming back. Automation and mining technologies have outpaced the old fashioned idea of an elevator crowded with miners descending into a deep,shaft mine. You might as well worry about whaler's jobs in New Bedford.

2) "Clean coal" is a marketing term for something that just does not exist. I know it refers to technology to mitigate the vast amounts of pollution from burning coal. But power plants, HERE IN COAL COUNTRY, are closing due to the cost of retrofitting plants with scrubbers. I have seen power plants (at Shippingport, PA, Stratton, Ohio and down river in Beilliant, Ohio close down while natural gas plants open up.

3) Coal is expensive. Expensive to mine, expensive to,process, expensive to remediate. Natural gas is cheaper, easier to transport and abundant.
That’s the majority of coal mines that exist in Wyoming, where coal is mined in the us is, is in fact all of them are surface Mines... not underground mining. You Fucking retard

Yes, natural gas is gaining ground every year... but an all of the above policy is best.
They used to strip mine here until we discovered how crappy that technique is.

Seems like only a FOOL would be touting coal in any form, at this time.

No such thing as clean coal. Only suckers believe there is anything clean about coal.

Who in their right mind believes ANYTHING can be manufactured using solar or wind created electricity?
A car/truck/toilet roll holder/cloths..........but wait! Cloths can be made from bamboo and hemp right? That's right. And what machines are needed to harvest the bamboo and hemp and transport them to the factory.........what is needed to make the factory? When they get to the factory what machines are needed to actually sew the clothing? How are the machines made and of what? METAL!!!!!!! How do you get the ore out of the ground? Transport the ore and make it into steel?
We will use battery powered vehicles! What the fuck are batteries made from? Hemp and bamboo?
How are the hemp batteries transported to the truck manufacturers?
We will use trains instead of trucks! What the fuck are trains made from? What energy source is needed to make the trains move? DIESEL ELECTRIC! What is 'diesel' and where does it come from and what is needed to drill for the oil?
We will use electric trains! Any idea how much electricity a train uses? Where does the electricity come from? Hydroelectric power. What materials are used to build hydroelectric dams?
The environmentalists are attempting to stop ALL building of ANY dams.
What materials are used to make solar panels and wind turbines? Steel and hydrocarbons.
Do you want to have a glass windshield in your bamboo car?
Where does the electricity/gas come from to cook your food?
Human existence is dependant on the oil and gas that is found in formations under the earth's surface.
Turn off the lights and close down the gas stations and food stores and water supply systems and hemp and bamboo manufacturing plants and 95% of the earth's population will be dead from lack of water and food in two weeks.
In the case of NYC that would be 100% of the population.
All from lack of oil and gas.

Who in their right mind believes ANYTHING can be manufactured using solar or wind created electricity?
A car/truck/toilet roll holder/cloths..........but wait! Cloths can be made from bamboo and hemp right? That's right. And what machines are needed to harvest the bamboo and hemp and transport them to the factory.........what is needed to make the factory? When they get to the factory what machines are needed to actually sew the clothing? How are the machines made and of what? METAL!!!!!!! How do you get the ore out of the ground? Transport the ore and make it into steel?
We will use battery powered vehicles! What the fuck are batteries made from? Hemp and bamboo?
We will use trains instead of trucks! What the fuck are trains made from? What energy source is needed to make the trains move? DIESEL ELECTRIC! What is 'diesel' and where does it come from and what is needed to drill for the oil?
We will use electric trains! Any idea how much electricity a train uses? Where does the electricity come from? Hydroelectric power. What materials are used to build hydroelectric dams?
What materials are used to make solar panels and wind turbines? Steel and hydrocarbons.
Human existence is dependant on the oil and gas that is found in formations under the earth's surface.
Turn off the lights and close down the gas stations and food stores and water supply systems and hemp and bamboo manufacturing plants and 95% of the earth's population will be dead from lack of water and food in two weeks.

You're going a little nuts there, aren't you bubba? Nobody is wanting to do away with our current forms of energy until alternate sources have been developed to replace them. That would be as goofy as what you rant about in your post. Calm down and take a breath. Nobody is going to stop our ability to grow and harvest food. Nobody is going to turn your lights off. Nobody is going to make you drive a bamboo car.------------Feel better now?

Wow, that's what I call short sighted. We all need to just give up and let the end come. When the end of Homo Sapiens comes, I wonder what will replace us in the very, very far future. Afterall, give it a couple of million years and there will be no sign that we ever existed on this earth. Just give up and let it happen. Yes, Darwinism at it's best.

Wow, that's what I call short sighted. We all need to just give up and let the end come. When the end of Homo Sapiens comes, I wonder what will replace us in the very, very far future. Afterall, give it a couple of million years and there will be no sign that we ever existed on this earth. Just give up and let it happen. Yes, Darwinism at it's best.
Frankly I don't give a shit what happens to humans in "a couple of million years".
Or we could destroy America now by accepting Bernie's multi trillion dollars Socialist 'free shit' bullshit AKA paid for by the middle class, in a few years.
I have never witnessed a more fucked in the head politician than Sanders.
For all you ignorant budding Socialists take my advice: When Mommy finally kicks you out of the house the first call for help should be to Bernie. He has three luxury homes and I'm sure he will be happy for you to crash in any of them.......well maybe not the lakefront luxury home.
No one with a brain is buying his ludicrous bullshit Socialist promises. BTW dipshit. "Darwinism" NEVER loses just like MS Karma.
The proof is in the fact you are not sentient enough to spell correctly. Imagine what your application will look like when you apply for your first job at AW.
Darwinism will kick in and the applicant who can spell will get the job you wanted.
"This corn IS special".
When I was hiring for my FF franchises my office was overlooking the parking lot. I could watch job applicants drive in. After they were asked to take a seat and wait I'd go have a look at their cars. Whenever I saw what resembled a fucking garbage dump in their car I would go inside and have someone tell the applicant the job had been filled but thanks for your application........soon to be in 'file thirteen'. You all may not be surprised how often that happened.

You do know that this is just an opinion from a bias news media.
No the left are not lying.

Coal will die whether you and I like it or not because of:
1. Natural gas are easier to extract and cheaper and cleaner to produce. Mostly coming from Permian basin located in west Texas.
2. Renewable energy business are booming.

But I can tell you Trump lied. Trump trying to revive the coal industry by lying to the coal miners just to get their votes. Several giant coal companies declared bankruptcy from 2015 to 2018.

What’s Driving the Decline of Coal in the United States | Climate Nexus

The U.S. coal industry is declining in the face of lower-cost natural gas, renewable energy and regulations designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and protect public health. Decades of mechanization have also reduced employment. This has spurred a wave of coal companies to declare bankruptcy, including four industry giants between 2015 and 2018.

Utilities are accelerating their retirement of coal plants because they are increasingly uneconomical. According to cost estimates from investment bank Lazard, the lower-end of the average price for coal-fired power is now almost $20 higher per megawatt hour than that for a natural gas. The lower-end of the average prices per megawatt hour for wind and utility-scale solar are even more competitive with coal, even without subsidies, at $29 and $36 respectively.

Putting Americans out of work to please enviro-whackos is short sighted.

Putting Americans out of work to please enviro-whackos is short sighted.

Short Sighted is to allow things to go back the way the were and help the earth to really go to hell faster. I don't know how old you are but obviously, you aren't my age. Had we not started in early 20th century, there would have been no you. While that might sound like a good idea, there also would not have been some really good people as well that deserved to be born and be alive today. You seem to believe that if someone disagrees with you and science is fake then their being short sighted. Well, cupcake, you just won a prize.

upload_2019-9-7_2-13-51.jpeg

Forum List

Back