The Left Is Convinced Americans Won’t Fight For 2nd Amendment Rights

It seems to have escaped the notice of our resident Nutter's but we've had an "assault weapons" ban and limited magazine size before.

Guess what? It wasn't the end of the world and, no, nobody took to the streets armed to the teeth to oppose it.

If they do this time, they'll be ranked among the biggest fools in history.

The right-wing gun owners I've talked with, er, who have screamed at me (not that I think they need therapy) think da gummint be comin' fer der guns. Nobody came to my house last time and took away my guns. I haven't seen anybody. Confiscation is not involved, but they are not listening.

As you have done here, Sir, will only destroy your credibility to be listened to. You see, it is quite apparent to everyone that the liberal left ( many not all ) have taken the low road in trying to paint all those who support the constitution and 2nd amendment rights in this case as uneducated, ignorant and from the south. I do find it interesting that while you in the North have the strictest of gun laws you also have the largest crime statistics. We do not have that problem in the South. Perhaps it is you and your ilk who need the education. A perhaps you should consider.

-Jeremiah

Not exactly -- in fact, not at all.

Check out the violent crime map -- see what I'm saying? Yup, the crime map is saying just the opposite of what you're saying -- whoda thunk!

The map below by Zara Matheson of the Martin Prosperity Institute (based on data from the report) shows where states fall on the Index. The higher its score, the less peaceful a state is.

(Click the map for a larger image)

The good news is over the past year, a majority of states, 35 of 50, became more peaceful. However, there is substantial geographic variation. New England ranks as the nation’s most peaceful region with the lowest scores; Maine is the nation’s most peaceful state, followed by New Hampshire and Vermont. Minnesota and Utah are fourth and fifth; North Dakota, Washington, Hawaii, Rhode Island, and Iowa round out the top ten.
Louisiana is the least peaceful state on the State Peace Index, followed by Tennessee, Nevada, Florida, and Arizona. Missouri, Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Mississippi round out the ten least peaceful states.

The right-wing gun owners I've talked with, er, who have screamed at me (not that I think they need therapy) think da gummint be comin' fer der guns. Nobody came to my house last time and took away my guns. I haven't seen anybody. Confiscation is not involved, but they are not listening.

As you have done here, Sir, will only destroy your credibility to be listened to. You see, it is quite apparent to everyone that the liberal left ( many not all ) have taken the low road in trying to paint all those who support the constitution and 2nd amendment rights in this case as uneducated, ignorant and from the south. I do find it interesting that while you in the North have the strictest of gun laws you also have the largest crime statistics. We do not have that problem in the South. Perhaps it is you and your ilk who need the education. A perhaps you should consider.

-Jeremiah

Check out the violent crime map -- see what I'm saying? Yup, the crime map is saying just the opposite of what you're saying -- whoda thunk!

The map below by Zara Matheson of the Martin Prosperity Institute (based on data from the report) shows where states fall on the Index. The higher its score, the less peaceful a state is.

The good news is over the past year, a majority of states, 35 of 50, became more peaceful. However, there is substantial geographic variation. New England ranks as the nation’s most peaceful region with the lowest scores; Maine is the nation’s most peaceful state, followed by New Hampshire and Vermont. Minnesota and Utah are fourth and fifth; North Dakota, Washington, Hawaii, Rhode Island, and Iowa round out the top ten.
Louisiana is the least peaceful state on the State Peace Index, followed by Tennessee, Nevada, Florida, and Arizona. Missouri, Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina, and Mississippi round out the ten least peaceful states.

What a con!
"The State Peace Index is based on five factors: the homicide rate, violent crime rate, incarceration rate, police presence, and availability of small arms."

It seems to have escaped the notice of our resident Nutter's but we've had an "assault weapons" ban and limited magazine size before.

Guess what? It wasn't the end of the world and, no, nobody took to the streets armed to the teeth to oppose it.

What you seem to have missed is that we all fucking ignored the law then, and we'll do so now.

Not thing one you can do about it either.

You leftists are about to (again) be taught a lesson on the economics of trying to ban something that is a guaranteed right.

It's USELESS legislation, and will do nothing to stop what happened in Newtown Ct.

Plus you assholes can not and will not define an "assault weapon".

If ya did, hammers & baseball bats would be banned.

Sure it's useless and pointless, but it's also not very harmful to gun owners. It's just a minor inconvenience.

So...if something that simple and inconsequential will appease the rabid mob during this time of heightened emotions, what's wrong with it? It can be repealed later when passions and fears have cooled. Let 'em have their little ban. It won't hurt anything.

I appreciate your measured and fairly reasonable response, OG...

I don't agree with a coupla salient points, but I appreciate the way you said what you said nonetheless... :)

-Jeremiah

w00t...! we kick ass...! :D

eta: on a more serious note, you show me the criteria they used, and I'll show you where they're self-serving assholes who twist and skew the data to fit their preconceived notions...

Last edited:
AK -47s are full auto rifles - machine guns. They are class three weapons that can be owned by Americans. There are also legal owners of chain guns, mini-guns, 50 caliber machine guns, quad 50s and even 20 mm antiaircraft guns and cannons. All you need is to pass the background check and pay the tax for the transfer. Semi-automatic guns (the ones that fire one round when you pull the trigger and hold on to it) are not class three weapons. They are not assault weapons like the M-16. Assault weapons are full auto and or selective fire weapons. They are class three weapons. Semi-automatics are used for hunting, protection and competition. The M1 Garand is used at Wimbelton for the 600 and 1000 meter competition (less now than in the past but it is still used).
The simple fact is that the Supreme court said that a sawed off shotgun was not protected by the second amendment because it was not a normal gun usable by the militia in defense of the state. Surely you understand that semi-automatic guns do fit into the catagory of usable in a militia for defense of the state. They are therefore protected by the second amendment. If a law attempts to override the rights of the people it is held as unlawful. A thirty round magazine is not a high capacity magazine for the AR-15. It is the standard magazine size. A high capacity magazine for that firearm is a 50 or 100 round magazine.
On top of all of this factual information is this: Taking away the legal gun owners guns or the opertunity to buy one of these guns doesn't affect metally ill people or criminals. They don't obey the laws. You are doing nothing to eliminate crime. In the UK they have a higher violent crime rate than in the USA. The population is finally walking the streets in protest of the loss of their rights and warning us to keep fighting for our rights because once you lose them it is very hard to get them back. The UK said all along that they didn't want to take all the guns - they just wanted to make people safer. Well now they have all the guns and they are trying to take their long kitchen knives because they are use to kill people. The subjects in England know that they are not safer and they want their rights back. We need to keep our rights to keep the USA safe.

-Jeremiah

eta: on a more serious note, you show me the criteria they used, and I'll show you where they're self-serving assholes who twist and skew the data to fit their preconceived notions...

Far be it from me to call you stupid, challenged, inept, lazy or inattentive but-----but I think I've told you before, the way to open a link is to move your cursor arrow over the link then-----then when the cursor arrow changes shape to a pointing finger, press down on the top-front-left button on your mouse and-----and voila, like magic, the information you're looking for appears.

Don't ask me again to look something up for you, you need to learn to fend for yourself -- it's that old, give a wo/man a fish and... teach a wo/man to fish and...

What you seem to have missed is that we all fucking ignored the law then, and we'll do so now.

Not thing one you can do about it either.

You leftists are about to (again) be taught a lesson on the economics of trying to ban something that is a guaranteed right.

We have the Constitutionally guaranteed right to own and possess firearms (the Heller and McDonald cases said so), but we do NOT have the right to own and possess any particular TYPE of firearm.

-Jeremiah

You are absolutely correct as I already pointed out. Star should be ashamed.

"The State Peace Index is based on five factors: the homicide rate, violent crime rate, incarceration rate, police presence, and availability of small arms."

Last edited:

You are absolutely correct as I already pointed out. Star should be ashamed.

yep... Star himself referred to the map as a "violent crime map"...

when in fact it is a map of a statistical bastardization known as the "U.S. Peace Index"...

Forum List

Back