The left Hates Darwin

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Appropos of OneDomino's post on Republicans saying they don't believe in evolution... here's a killer idea that will make the lefties run screaming from Darwin:

http://www.vdare.com/Sailer/050807_darwin.htm

There was much scoffing this week at President Bush's brief endorsement of the idea that the theory of Intelligent Design should be taught alongside Darwinism in public schools.

But somebody should ask liberal pundits if they believe in the preservation of favored races in the struggle for life.

I bet not many would agree. Yet that's the subtitle to Darwin's The Origin of Species.

Paradoxically, while the Religious Right engages in attacks on Darwin's theory of what animals evolved from, the left and center clamps down upon Darwin's theory of what humans evolved to.

Nor do many liberal commentators know that much of Darwin's second most important book, The Descent of Man, consists of an evolutionary explanation of human racial differences.

In it, Darwin wrote:

"... the various races, when carefully compared and measured, differ much from each other -- as in the texture of hair, the relative proportions of all parts of the body, the capacity of the lungs, the form and capacity of the skull, and even the convolutions of the brain. But it would be an endless task to specify the numerous points of difference. The races differ also in constitution, in acclimatization and in liability to certain diseases. Their mental characteristics are likewise very distinct; chiefly as it would appear in their emotions, but partly in their intellectual faculties."

This means that Darwinian science is on a collision course with progressive egalitarians. Darwinism requires hereditary inequalities. What natural selection selects is genetic difference. In his famous The Descent of Man, Darwin wrote, "Variability is the necessary basis for the action of selection." The left fears true Darwinian science because the politically correct dogma of our factual equality cannot survive the relentlessly accumulating evidence of our genetic variability.

Well, damn shazzam, Sam. Could it be that the left is just as willing to ignore science as the religious fundamentalist Christian right? Why, yes, yes it is!

I wanted to change the title of the thread using "advanced" under edit, but it only changed the subheading... anyone know how to fix the the thread title as it appears on the main page?

darwin is one small part of the information and facts which make up the current science involving evolution.

He is not seen as an all knowing God , he is a humanbeing with all the frailties and prejudices of the time he lived in.

this is a pretty well known bit about Darwin.

Sorry to destroy your whole thread

darwin is one small part of the information and facts which make up the current science involving evolution.

He is not seen as an all knowing God , he is a humanbeing with all the frailties and prejudices of the time he lived in.

OK... so are you saying that you like parts of Darwin's theories, but not others?

LIKE?

Some of his ideas proved to be pretty insightful some didnt.

Hate does not have anything to do with it.

I have yet to find any of your thoughts very insightful,that doesnt mean I hate you.

Can you tell how and why you desided to be a white supremist?

It could prove illuminating

Even Darwin said in his book that to think that the eye evolved through evolution was in itself absurd. ...

There is much evidence in his own statements that Darwin himself did not believe in his own theory....

There you go again using the word FACT when you have none... Do you You mean THEORY?

Do you ever have anything real to say?

why dont you expound for me on how much you know about evolution?

I'm getting the feeling this attempted thread topic is a little over the heads of some.

Agreed. Same idiots that claim you haven't pondered the topic. While I might agree that I disagree with you, I'd figure a way to say so. :badgrin:

Appropos of OneDomino's post on Republicans saying they don't believe in evolution... here's a killer idea that will make the lefties run screaming from Darwin:

http://www.vdare.com/Sailer/050807_darwin.htm

There was much scoffing this week at President Bush's brief endorsement of the idea that the theory of Intelligent Design should be taught alongside Darwinism in public schools.

But somebody should ask liberal pundits if they believe in the preservation of favored races in the struggle for life.

I bet not many would agree. Yet that's the subtitle to Darwin's The Origin of Species.

Paradoxically, while the Religious Right engages in attacks on Darwin's theory of what animals evolved from, the left and center clamps down upon Darwin's theory of what humans evolved to.

Nor do many liberal commentators know that much of Darwin's second most important book, The Descent of Man, consists of an evolutionary explanation of human racial differences.

In it, Darwin wrote:

"... the various races, when carefully compared and measured, differ much from each other -- as in the texture of hair, the relative proportions of all parts of the body, the capacity of the lungs, the form and capacity of the skull, and even the convolutions of the brain. But it would be an endless task to specify the numerous points of difference. The races differ also in constitution, in acclimatization and in liability to certain diseases. Their mental characteristics are likewise very distinct; chiefly as it would appear in their emotions, but partly in their intellectual faculties."

This means that Darwinian science is on a collision course with progressive egalitarians. Darwinism requires hereditary inequalities. What natural selection selects is genetic difference. In his famous The Descent of Man, Darwin wrote, "Variability is the necessary basis for the action of selection." The left fears true Darwinian science because the politically correct dogma of our factual equality cannot survive the relentlessly accumulating evidence of our genetic variability.

Well, damn shazzam, Sam. Could it be that the left is just as willing to ignore science as the religious fundamentalist Christian right? Why, yes, yes it is!

I'm a liberal and a progressive and I don't have a problem with either theory.

Either do any of the other liberals I know.

Could it be you're simply trying to stir up trouble where none exists?

Shame on you!

I'm getting the feeling this attempted thread topic is a little over the heads of some.

It's just a sensational attempt to get a rise out of something. There's really no "topic" here.

The thread starter is based upon the assumption that people who find merit in Darwin's theories or any other theories for that matter have to accept all or nothing.

Intelligent people know that the world can't be conveniently boxed up that way. It is full of shades of grey with very little black and white.

Forum List

Back