The left continues to deny basic science

the problem gets to be the left keeps panicking

The problem is you're letting partisan assholes like Al Gore shake your trust in science and scientists.

Don't do that.
the problem is you inject what you THINK i'm talking about into this as if it's really what i'm talking about.

it's not. gore never entered my mind.

don't do that.

The problem is you're letting partisan assholes like Al Gore shake your trust in science and scientists.

Don't do that.
the problem is you inject what you THINK i'm talking about into this as if it's really what i'm talking about.

don't do that.

Scientists are not "the left." They are just scientists all over the world. You might actually be amazed by how non-partisan a lot of scientists really are. How much do you minimize the significance of their agreement?

Don't do that.

don't do that.

Scientists are not "the left." They are just scientists all over the world. You might actually be amazed by how non-partisan a lot of scientists really are. How much do you minimize the significance of their agreement?
again - stop injecting what you "hear" into what i am saying.

did i say scientists?

you have some pre-conceived notion of how all of this must be and any thought i may bring to the table, you want to categorize into what you've already segmented.

wouldn't it be simpler just to ask me to expand upon what i am thinking than to keep making incorrect guesses in a smug manner?

wouldn't it be simpler just to ask me to expand upon what i am thinking than to keep making incorrect guesses in a smug manner?

You either agree with scientists that AGW is happening to some extent or you don't. I got the impression you don't. Sorry if that's not the case.

The left's entire narrative is completely falling apart with each passing day...
"It has not warmed in Alabama in the last century according to NOAA’s own data,” Watts wrote on his website Watts Up With That? “In fact the average temperature has COOLED since 1895…"
Alarmists say global warming to blame for ‘record’ tick population — but there’s one massive problem

I know plenty of republicans who deny basic science. They believe the earth was created in 6 days and the little black book they carry to church explains all science.

The cause is very much relevant. If it is part of a climate cycle(see Ice Age), then why would we put so much time and effort into controlling the human contribution which will not stop the cycle?
Dumbest thing I've heard today (but it's early). Are there any other natural disasters we should just let happen? How about floods? We shouldn't build dams and levees since floods are natural we should just let them happen. How about hurricanes? We shouldn't have construction and zoning codes. If a hurricane hits let it destroy people's homes and businesses.

I guess you missed the point. If it is cyclical, humans aren't the cause and we can't fix it. In other words, it is a waste of time and resources to pursue "green" so aggresively, but it does make some folks in the green industry rich in the process.

Right, my gut, the actual non-modified data and a little common sense.
Got a link to the actual non-modified data?

There are plenty, some on this thread. Go look them up.

It would be more enlightening to do some research on the reliability of proxy data that is used to determine the earth's temperatures prior to more modern measurements. Here is a hint, it isn't very reliable. We are essentially guessing on temperatures from centuries ago, especially since we are talking about 1 degree here and there to show a warming trend. Even if they were accurate, if we are to believe the age of the earth from scientists, we have an extremely small sample size to to determine a trend. Too small to make a reasonable determination.

Also, man made global warming is an even bigger leap of faith.

Fuck off Mr Anti Science.

We should ignore everything prior to 1880? Then you will say there were not sufficiemt number of locations bsk then.

Carbon concentrations are climbing.

Why?

Man made climate change is scientifically proven. You obviously don't know shit.

The cause is very much relevant. If it is part of a climate cycle(see Ice Age), then why would we put so much time and effort into controlling the human contribution which will not stop the cycle?
Dumbest thing I've heard today (but it's early). Are there any other natural disasters we should just let happen? How about floods? We shouldn't build dams and levees since floods are natural we should just let them happen. How about hurricanes? We shouldn't have construction and zoning codes. If a hurricane hits let it destroy people's homes and businesses.

I guess you missed the point. If it is cyclical, humans aren't the cause and we can't fix it. In other words, it is a waste of time and resources to pursue "green" so aggresively, but it does make some folks in the green industry rich in the process.

I weight tends to fluctuate.

Therefore the ten pounds I recently gained had nothing to do with rhe 50 Big Macs I ate last week.

You either agree with scientists that AGW is happening to some extent or you don't. I got the impression you don't. Sorry if that's not the case.
i get the impression you see things in binary far too often and get confused when someone you're talking to doesn't.

i get the impression you see things in binary far too often and get confused when someone you're talking to doesn't.

Do you believe AGW happens to some extent or not? Your answer to that yes or no question determines your alignment or not with scientists all over the world.

Do you believe AGW happens to some extent or not? Your answer to that yes or no question determines your alignment or not with scientists all over the world.
i believe the earth changes over time. i believe what is frozen now didn't use to be.i believe it will change again. i believe all the political hype is hurting their cause *if* it is truly a danger.

Why argue the science with partisans? You leave these clowns room to mitigate reality when you try to do that. The most relevant truth is they're in open disagreement with the most intelligent and qualified people on Earth.

Right, my gut, the actual non-modified data and a little common sense.
Got a link to the actual non-modified data?

There are plenty, some on this thread. Go look them up.
Funny. I should look them up because you never bothered to?

It would be more enlightening to do some research on the reliability of proxy data that is used to determine the earth's temperatures prior to more modern measurements. Here is a hint, it isn't very reliable. We are essentially guessing on temperatures from centuries ago, especially since we are talking about 1 degree here and there to show a warming trend. Even if they were accurate, if we are to believe the age of the earth from scientists, we have an extremely small sample size to to determine a trend. Too small to make a reasonable determination.

Also, man made global warming is an even bigger leap of faith.
I think it is irrelevant why the globe is warming but there are plenty of signs it is:

Iceland Held A Funeral For Its First Glacier Lost To Climate Change And Left This Warning Sign

The key word is "if".

This is not part of the "cycle"

More carbon => More greenhouse effect => warmer temperatures./ This is science.

We know how much man has been putting these greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. You claim this is not relevant.

If you actually had any real knowledge, you would know that our current changes are happening much faster than those in the past.

Besides this, you just had a fit about how anything prior to recent measurements is just guessing so how the fuck do you know what happened in the past. You are arguing in circles, contradicting yourself. Grow up & learn the science.

And your bullshit anti-science keeps the profits flowing to the fossil fuel industry.

i believe the earth changes over time.

Do you believe humans play a role in warming? Is AGW happening to some extent?
don't really care. the left loves to predict doom and gloom and death in "x" number of years and it has yet to happen. not even once. far as i'm concerned the world is going to change however it needs to for whatever reason.

7 Big Failed Environmentalist Predictions

The “global warming” hoax: 30 years of failed predictions that never happened
Embarrassing Predictions Haunt the Global-Warming Industry
25 Years Of Predicting The Global Warming ‘Tipping Point’

they cry and pull on your emotions every chance they get to where i'm just immune to the ranting. they (the ones shouting death to us all in "X" number of years) do is pointless and i just don't believe them.

i do believe we need to take care of our environment. our plastic waste is destroying our oceans and we need to get serious about cleaning it up. i believe we need to take our environment into consideration in almost everything we do. but no, i don't believe the OH NO'S running around saying we're all going to die.

again.
and again.
and again.

The left's entire narrative is completely falling apart with each passing day...
"It has not warmed in Alabama in the last century according to NOAA’s own data,” Watts wrote on his website Watts Up With That? “In fact the average temperature has COOLED since 1895…"
Alarmists say global warming to blame for ‘record’ tick population — but there’s one massive problem

None of this proves or disproves Global Warming...

Scientists even the Sceptics of man-made Global Warming all admit there is Global Warming. There is now more scientists who believe earth is 6,000 years old then deny that the earth is heating up...

Forum List

Back