The Least Bad Iran Option

onedomino said:
(un)sage, what does your last post have to do with "The Least Bad Iran Option?"
I did edit my response with an apology for getting off track, my post to this thread that got this all started is on page one. I thought in that post I addressed the issues and tried to give credit where credit was due and hope that we fully explore our options in the middle east.

I dont think anyone wants to make a career of flipping burgers or bagging groceries but the corporations that own the business, be it a McDonalds or whatever, make lots of money. I dont think they are going to go broke paying their bottom of the scale workers maybe 8 to 10 dollars an hour.

You have got to be kidding!

Please...start another thread re: minimum wage so that I need not go off on a tangent in this one.. :)

sagegirl said:
Well I think if a person works/gives of their time and effort, they should get reasonable compensation..

With apologies to onedomino for continuing to wander off-topic, I really need to respond to this.

No person has the right to reasonable compensation (whatever that is) by sole virtue of the fact that he has given of his time and effort. Rather, he has the right to be compensated to the degree that his time and effort have profitted another. That's just cold reality, and as nice as it sounds to wish everyone could do a little better, we wander from reality at our own peril.

musicman said:
With apologies to onedomino for continuing to wander off-topic, I really need to respond to this.

No person has the right to reasonable compensation (whatever that is) by sole virtue of the fact that he has given of his time and effort. Rather, he has the right to be compensated to the degree that his time and effort have profitted another. That's just cold reality, and as nice as it sounds to wish everyone could do a little better, we wander from reality at our own peril.

Ok, I'll start a new thread! LOL

OK, go check out USA Chat to talk about minimum wage, McD's, The price of corn in Chile. Whatever. :teeth:

Kathianne said:
Ok, I'll start a new thread! LOL

OK, go check out USA Chat to talk about minimum wage, McD's, The price of corn in Chile. Whatever. :teeth:

Of course, you know that none of this proves that Wyle E. Coyote was the Antichrist....

Forum List

Back